Votes: 9 9.7%
  • F-

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
I think it's unconscious bias rather than the refs being paid by the bookies and trying to influence the game.
Like J_P said, they don't want to feel the backlash of a game deciding call, especially to deny an upset. So they make the calls they have unconsciously expected to happen. ie Warriors are clearly inferior to Panthers or Storm so Warriors will probably concede a bunch of penalties. I've seen Josh Curran knock on and make high tackles before, so anything 50/50 will get called against him.

Warrior482

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 12, 2012
Yeap got the e-mail address and went them an email. That response is about what i expected.
I don't know if it's bias or just incompetence which is just as bad.
The reason imo the bigger clubs always get the 50/50 calls go their way is the ref probably has a hard think before making game changing calls against them due to potential backlash.
I would liken it to a Sunday shift when I was in retail, fewer eyes to scrutinize your performance so everyone gives roughly 20% less of a shit. And generally get away with it because the boss doesn't give a shit until it affects them directly, more or less.

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Although Chambers may have crossed a line but so did Evans, anybody who has played either code knows it generally the one who retaliates that cops it.

I have a real issue with Lodge's charge, using the word careless means that the contact was accidental but could have been avoided if care was taken. Then we have the Shark's players deliberately doing no arm tacklesm which are outlawed because of risk of injury.

So we have a player charged for accidental contact while other players intentionally break the tackle rules with no sanction, I would contest the charge on that alone and back it up with video evidence.
I’m really upset about the shoulder charge from Hamlin - Uele being let go - absolute Mozza of a decision 🤯

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
That call on the shoulder charge was ridiculous. It's like they only have the rule for lip service. Looking at that tackle they would only rule shoulder charges if you have both hand locked together.

Even if they query the Annesley (assume he's still the refs boss) about it all we will hear is that it was correct/incorrect. Where during the game it could of been a penalty and the Warriors kick for touch with 6 tackles and can chew up more time instead of starting halfway through their set again/

The question would be if it was the Sharks wasting time and say Evans or Lodge made that tackle would it have been a penalty?

Also seemed on the weekend if the Warriors lost the ball it was a loose carry while the Sharks lose the ball its a strip. Thought that one on Lodge after the Sharks break was a bit harsh.

Reactions: wizards rage

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
I would like to know also based off how he reacted.
Have seen it claimed else where it was a ‘homophobic slur’ but havent seen it substantiated
If there was homophobic or racial abuse there would be a case to answer.

but

if he made a “yo momma” remark or something similar then it’s fair game ?

anyone remember Zine Zidane, when he headbutted the German player in the World Cup final and got sent off and lost the game for France?

Apparently the player said his mum / sister was a bitch.

If Chambers said something similar - does it cross the line?

if someone said something about your wife, GF, mum, kids or family member does it give you the right to retaliate?

Reactions: matiunz

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
anyone remember Zine Zidane, when he headbutted the German player in the World Cup final and got sent off and lost the game for France?
I reacall the sledge in question was along the lines of "you are the son / brother of an Algerian whore"

Zidane is French-Algerian and there is plenty of racism against Algerians in that part of the world

Reactions: Warrior482

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Reactions: Worried2Death

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Your kidding yourself, it would make no difference whatsoever. You’d have more luck collectively smashing their Social media account than emailing that address.
I said a video of the game is going to be put together and spread on social media if the NRL doesn’t take what happened in the game seriously.

I listed all the incidents and said for each one there are worse incidents unpunished that will be compared and then the question will be asked how so many dubious calls all happened in one game…

Will see what response that gets!

They haven’t replied yet despite replying to others from yesterday…

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
There is a lot of unhappiness with Evans after Saturday and calls for him to be dropped but I don't know that having someone like him in the team is a bad thing. I know that when I'm walking my dogs I cross the road when I come to the house where the psycho dog lives and footy players are just like anyone else. They will be aware that he's there when they are playing
Apart from the kid that stands at the fence and whizzes the dog up (Chambers?)
I don't mind having someone who will throw a punch or give away a penalty so long as it's at the right time in the game or the season
If they can get his meds right and convince him to run hard and try to go through the tacklers or bruise them if they stop him (with no offloads) and to tackle hard every time he could be really good for us. Look at Hitro Okesene and Martin Lang from a few years ago. Lang got an Aussie Jersey doing just that.
He just has to learn how to fold some c#nt without a visit to the judiciary every week

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I agree it’s unfair, but an argument that “that guy did something worse and went unpunished “ is not going to get Lodge off, he’s going to have to prove what he did was not accidental.

Just another day in the life of a Warrior I guess
Hope his proof is not that it was deliberate!

Reactions: Toookey

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
As the contact was accidental and caused no injury or consequence another legal principal to try might be 'de minimus curat lex' which is broadly the law does not concern itself with trivialities. The same principal is used in Duty Free at airports where excise is not charged on certain amounts of booze and tobacco.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I saw nothing that showed Evans throwing punches. He was simply giving Chaimbers a reach around that he once offered Napa. Absolute witch hunt!! Jokes aside, is no one from the club gonna challenge the Lodge charge? Impotent fools. On a side note, Crichton got 4 weeks for the most innocuous crusher so maybe no plot against the warriors just shitty officiating and rules.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I agree it’s unfair, but an argument that “that guy did something worse and went unpunished “ is not going to get Lodge off, he’s going to have to prove what he did was not accidental.

Just another day in the life of a Warrior I guess
A compilation of like for like tackles which have gone unpunished would have greater weighting than using Hamlin-Uele's shoulder charge as the defence.

However, taken in context the NRL need to think about the fact that both incidents happened in the same game - we as fans witnessed an innocuous tackle from Lodge which crept marginally high, but one which Chambers ducked into - there was no swinging arm, whiplash effect or anything that stopped Chambers from immediately getting up.

However, the shoulder charge poleaxed Montoya. It was the only tackle in the game that caused serious distress. Those are the tackles that risk cracked ribs or a punctured lung. I used to enjoy the shoulder charge back in the day, but understand why it was ruled out. We now have forwards built like brick buildings and you saw the likes of Thurston getting hammered nearly every game prior to it being outlawed. If they didn't do something, the next generation of players with the skillsets of Walsh and Walker wouldn't have a career.

They need to realise that we are all confused by the sheer randomness coming from the judiciary and will be watching out for the verdict tonight with particular interest if the charge is contested.

Last edited:

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Fuck me. Maybe if every man and his dog wasn't suspended for accidental or incidental contact during the middle of the season this wouldn't be such a thing.

Just like when he blasted fans for 'incorrectly believing' there were more blowouts this year, this guy really doubles down when threatened. He is a stubborn old goat.

The NRL changes the way the game is officiated and then is shocked by the result.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/09...-aim-at-repeat-offenders-in-disturbing-trend/

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Fuck me. Maybe if every man and his dog wasn't suspended for accidental or incidental contact during the middle of the season this wouldn't be such a thing.

Just like when he blasted fans for 'incorrectly believing' there were more blowouts this year, this guy really doubles down when threatened. He is a stubborn old goat.

The NRL changes the way the game is officiated and then is shocked by the result.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/09...-aim-at-repeat-offenders-in-disturbing-trend/
I watch all of his weekly briefings and I have to say he is very hard to listen to - a person who uses 15 words when a normal person would use 4!

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Teeps4Shore

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 17, 2021
So Chambers has been dropped. The Sharks would rather play a backrower in the centres than him.

Sharks fans don't like him and it seems the coach might not either.
He may have gotten a few of our boys suspended…. But that’s the end of his career. And he cost them the game.

Who would bring in such an unsporting pest into their squad after all the rubbish he’s displayed, especially in the last 2 weeks…

I wouldn’t give this bloke the steam off my piss…

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings