International Pacific Championship

It didn't go well with Gary Kemble

I've never heard of him, too young lol

But, to expand, like when Kidwell got sacked, the only kiwis in FG (off the top of my head) at the time were Stacey Jones, who I think only just made the move to NRL over NSW Cup, and Stephen Kearney, which obviously was off the board. so with no NZer options available, I liked the Madge hiring, and I still don't mind it if he weren't going to coach NSW.

This time around, we have Stacey with several years as an assistant and half a year as a HC. Hopefully, McFadden get some more coaches developed, Adam Blair isn't going to cut it in the future haha

TLDR: The Kiwis should always be coached by a New Zealander, *when there is one with first-grade coaching experience available.

Can webby do both warriors & Kiwis?

I am sure he can, he has three coaching assistants for first grade, Slade, Jones, Agar.

Coaching the Kiwis is not difficult, they coach themselves, with the line ups of an international side like that, it would be like a Chess Master agreeing to play some extra tournaments or even playing multiple games at once.

Webster clearly knows what he is doing and has a successful template, having him befriend a lot of the talent in camp is a pretty smart idea.

Webster would do it in his sleep.

The kiwis don't even train to create or learn new things, they already have it in their programming to play their game, a basic Australian template.

Victory comes from the psychological side, and Webster is good at that, the Kiwis world cup wins and four nations wins under Kearney were not achieved through laborious planning and master coach strategy, they were won off simple templates, run harder than them, hit harder than them, get the ball to Benji or SJ and use the power out wide.

I think it could be quite useful having our test team exposed to the same kind of rigour as Origin, not to mention the intel he could provide. I also view this as a step towards getting Kiwis involved in Origin.

I think it could be quite useful having our test team exposed to the same kind of rigour as Origin, not to mention the intel he could provide. I also view this as a step towards getting Kiwis involved in Origin.
Or could get potential future kiwis to pledge to play for nsw/Australia.

That said the onus should be on the player to know what they are. Find it astounding how players can switch allegiances so easily when the carrot is dangled infront of them.

That is frankly, fucking madness if he keeps the Kiwis role.

There are going to be players that come through between now and 2026, that will be eligible for NSW and the Kiwis. (Not that I think Madge will stick around that long in Origin imo)

Jahream Bula, Jesse McLean, Ethan Strange, Isaiaya Katoa, Phoenix Crossland, and Suia Wong are just a few young guys right now who are NZ eligible, and you never know, might want to play for the Kiwis if they were approached, but Madge could just not pick them so he can keep them in his back pocket for NSW.

I do like the idea that this could be the wall-breaking moment where the tiers are thrown out the window, so guys can play Origin and for the Kiwis and England, but I also can't see that change being made unless Origin was under threat.

Can we really see an Australian, in the highest-pressure coaching job in the sport, sabotaging that job for some lowly New Zealanders? I think this kid said it best...
download (71).jpeg

I would prefer players who don't see the Kiwis as the second option, but its the reality, and having a coach with a foot in both camps can't work

All that said, I think this is just a case of keeping it quiet, and after the tournament, once the NSW deal is finalised, he will step down, so I am just yelling at clouds hahaha

IMO I strongly believe Origin should strictly be for Australians. If you play Origin you can’t rep another country. If you rep another country first you can’t play Origin.

It’s the pinnacle for Aussies.
And get rid of the Tiers.
You play for one country and that is it.
That’s a 100% Death Sentence for International footy.
Origin was a trial for the kangaroos a long time ago but not today.

Not necessarily, remember it is the Queenslanders who don't want change the most. Most of the Blues coaches weren't the ones against allowing tier one player. Really only a matter of time.

I haven't watched that many cup games but the ones I have watched Zyon Maiu’u was easily ahead of TSS in development. I wonder if he is carrying an injury?

I have seen on insta that Zyon Maiu’u had his Pe'a done last week- I don't have any tattoos but I would think that after something that big, you wouldn't want to go out and be tackled in that area for a long while haha, I imagine that he ruled himself out

I have seen on insta that Zyon Maiu’u had his Pe'a done last week- I don't have any tattoos but I would think that after something that big, you wouldn't want to go out and be tackled in that area for a long while haha, I imagine that he ruled himself out
I watched my brother in-law get his done the traditional way. If he has got it done traditionally that easily explains why he hasn't been selected.

RL needs to get the eligibility sorted for international teams.
We do need to show flexibility as don’t have a massive international pool of players, but it’s not right when players swap from one team to another, year on year. It’s also strange that some players have / will represent 3 Nations . I’m sure they are able to due to heritage but it definitely needs to be sorted.
Don’t get me wrong the rise of Tonga, PNG, Samoa and Fiji has been fantastic and has added real flavour yo international league but I just wanted to address the ‘elephant in the room’ ( a strange saying).