16 P.Mago E.Katoa 15
17 J.Arrow B.Afoa 16
18 B.Burns L.Ah Mau 17
20 B.Taaffe E.Kosi 20

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
A few stats for the train spotters amongst us 👀 View attachment 44681
Not expecting it but would love to beat the Rabbitohs. One of my good mates teams, told him we'll lose by less than 12 just to ease expectations. If we beat them with key players missing he's not going to hear the end of it 🤣🤣. Was giving him shit for them barely beating the wooden spooners last week so would be great if the warriors can finish the job off.

• Haha
Reactions: RTS’s calves

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Honestly I’m feeling no inspiration to do a normal review pod mate, but I probably will this week. Separately Im working on a special feature that’ll look at the big picture through a particular framework, hoping to pull that one off in the next week too.
Bloody Warriors even trying to ruin my fav Podcast, All these great signings and we even show some grit in our last game, but we keep losing FFS and it don't look like a win is coming soon.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Sorry to be a buzz kill but i find it best to forget about dreams of making the 8 (if they do, won't make it deep) and just focus on how the team plays and the watch the potential of the new/young players for next year. I learnt that the hard way over the last few weeks thinking we need to win this game to make it into the 8. I've accepted they won't make it in and are just building up combinations and giving the rookies experience for next season. Makes it much less stressful to watch 😅.
Now if they win the next 2 games in a row I'm right back in to dream about the finals.
I gave up after the Newcastle match
We should have smoked them missing ponga and best
I think the Rot on the season set in on the first loss to manly missing jake
Manly were truly awful that day and still beat us
Another nail in the coffin was the cht missed drop kick vs cowboys
Then of course we had chad Townsend attempting a drop kick when up by 8 and setting off a loss
We lost those games inexplicably
In we won those three and ifs are a mugs game but if we had won those 3 matches we would be amongst the 8 no doubt

we had no business losing any of those matches

this years theme has been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
We are not going to beat South’s with latrell
He will towel us up
I hope our back row benefits from the outing and like that all our young guys are playing for development purposes

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
One huge positive on the season in my book is that Peter Ropati retired two years ago and is no longer commentating
No one knew what he was saying
Random Words that made no sense

“the key for a warriors victory today is a point I wanted to bring up yesterday running the ball up and defence structures and roger tuivasa sheck really needs to and as I was saying about you Tony iro and I think we all agree then. In summary ken maumalo needs to believe in his warriors defensive structure needs more work.”

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
I gave up after the Newcastle match
We should have smoked them missing ponga and best
I think the Rot on the season set in on the first loss to manly missing jake
Manly were truly awful that day and still beat us
Another nail in the coffin was the cht missed drop kick vs cowboys
Then of course we had chad Townsend attempting a drop kick when up by 8 and setting off a loss
We lost those games inexplicably
In we won those three and ifs are a mugs game but if we had won those 3 matches we would be amongst the 8 no doubt

we had no business losing any of those matches

this years theme has been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
I agree with some of what you're saying and was in the same thought process until recently. Maybe this is just me making up a point to defend the warriors due to bias but I have to ask, why are we 1 of the very few teams that hasn't had blowouts against us (which used to be a very common theme in the warriors). Had a quick look on nrl draw. The only 20 plus losses we've had this year were against the storm. Both under 30. Rabbitohs and roosters have both lost games by more than 30 points. Roosters always get the benefit of the doubt in the media regarding injuries even though we're missing at least 3 key players.
Only other team similar is the sea Eagles. Like i said earlier We've got the makings of a great team just missing a few pieces. Probably the reasons we're losing all those games that we should have won.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
We are not going to beat South’s with latrell
He will towel us up
I hope our back row benefits from the outing and like that all our young guys are playing for development purposes
Same thing i said to my bunnies supporting mate, comparing the teams player vs player we're no chance of beating them. Keep the scores close I'm happy. Told him we'll lose by less than 12. Warriors get destroyed, it's gonna be a tough few days for me

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I agree with some of what you're saying and was in the same thought process until recently. Maybe this is just me making up a point to defend the warriors due to bias but I have to ask, why are we 1 of the very few teams that hasn't had blowouts against us (which used to be a very common theme in the warriors). Had a quick look on nrl draw. The only 20 plus losses we've had this year were against the storm. Both under 30. Rabbitohs and roosters have both lost games by more than 30 points. Roosters always get the benefit of the doubt in the media regarding injuries even though we're missing at least 3 key players.
Only other team similar is the sea Eagles. Like i said earlier We've got the makings of a great team just missing a few pieces. Probably the reasons we're losing all those games that we should have won.
If you have guys on that field who are liabilities you will lost even if the other 15 guys are good players
The warriors both this year and previous years have been poor at discerning which players are liabilities
Ed kosi is leading the league in try causes per match played
If that doesn’t spell out he is a liability I don’t know what we will
According to my analysis he cost us at least two wins if not three all by himself
Bayley sironen is a liability through his bad.ball security and faulty play of the ball technique both of which give up turnovers
And kodi and Sean O'Sullivan at their worst can be liabilities
You don’t need a team of stars but you can’t have even one development prospect in your side as they will be a liability

Reactions: Tragic and kos

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
If you have guys on that field who are liabilities you will lost even if the other 15 guys are good players
The warriors both this year and previous years have been poor at discerning which players are liabilities
According to my analysis he cost us at least two wins if not three all by himself
Bayley sironen is a liability through his bad.ball security and faulty play of the ball technique both of which give up turnovers
And kodi and Sean O'Sullivan at their worst can be liabilities
You don’t need a team of stars but you can’t have even one development prospect in your side as they will be a liability
I'll be honest I've only started following the warriors closely the last few years(casual watcher for a long time) so you may know much more than me in regards to certain topics. I'm not a fan of kodi at all, he has the talent when he performs at his best but recently he seems to be sick of his job or the warriors. Will never accept a player with that attitude and even worse he's on big bucks 😤. Sironen i don't know too much about but from what I understand he's not a rookie so i understand your criticism of him. He should be performing.
Sean O'Sullivan I'll always give a pass cause i have no problem using up a roster spot and minimum wage if it means we can keep on pos. Half kidding but kidding aside he's performing exactly as expected. He was never brought on as the top 17. Instead a cheap backup which ended up having to fill in for the main spot. Side note he's been playing much better since his brother in law has been here(lodge).
Edward kosi. Haven't paid too much attention to him when he's been on but i feel it's unfair to label him when he was never meant to be first grade this year and was brought on as cover. Thought he handled him self great for a last minute call up.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
I get the feeling from watching him play that Katoa is not fully over the foot/toe injury from earlier in the year either, or is playing through some other injury. Always looks real uncomfortable after getting tackled.

Last couple of weeks he always looks like he's in pain.

I think he should bulk up in the off season. He's still young and should be able to can carry that extra weight and size without compromising his agility.

Reactions: wizards rage

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Sorry to be a buzz kill but i find it best to forget about dreams of making the 8 (if they do, won't make it deep) and just focus on how the team plays and the watch the potential of the new/young players for next year. I learnt that the hard way over the last few weeks thinking we need to win this game to make it into the 8. I've accepted they won't make it in and are just building up combinations and giving the rookies experience for next season. Makes it much less stressful to watch 😅.
Now if they win the next 2 games in a row I'm right back in to dream about the finals.
I do the same , far less stressful thinking about whether we win and stay alive and all that bollocks.

A few years ago I finally realised that the Warriors are not as good as most of the other teams....fundamentally not as good, as in our players are not very good.

A big part of that is the NZ league system. We are not making players that are anywhere near as good as what they make in Aussie.

Then factor in no one wants to come here.

Add to that the fact that we cannot attract top coaches.

When you finally wake up and realise your club is not very good, all the pressure comes off.

Like you I watch games to see the positives, the growth....the new kids, the imports....

It was like suddenly seeing the matrix. Realising that it is really dumb beating up on a team every week when really they are not a fair chance of competing which would be why they almost never play in the finals.

Next year looks hopeful, as does the year after.....but we would need some luck with injuries and for years and years that has been fools gold too.

I do not think they get any favours from the officials, so I am glad I no longer waste my life ranting too often about how bad they are but mostly never saying this must win...should win....bullshit.

They are not good enough for any sane man to ever claim they should win anything.

That is the truth, Winning is a bonus and I love it when they do.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
While Kosi may average 2 Tries Conceded a game in his 4 matches our right edge concedes 1.9 Tries a game across 17 games. I also don't see him having a bright future in the NRL but I think there's definitely other players more accountable in our close losses to Manly (thanks largely to Garrick's poor goalkicking) & the Dragons.

A question around the Tries Conceded stat to anyone in the know. Would both Kosi & Roger Tuivasa-Sheck have had a mark against them with the in goal balls up vs the Dragons or do they pinpoint just one individual?
Screenshot_20210723-114047_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I understand kosi getting one game
But after his abject performance in his debut where it was obvious he was too green and needed years at ISP level he never should have been picked again
If we had picked a second rower like sironen and put him out on the wing instead of kosi we would have won two or three more games this year and be in the consideration for making the eight
It is not kosis fault
Coaching fault for selecting him
And an inexcusable mistake in my eyes with no defence possible

that is the last I will say on kosi as I find whoever I diss a cricket player on a cricket forum or an league player I here some other posters take it as a negative thing to do and react and give me a telling off as they think player criticism should be out of scope of Internet forums and that we should support the players as a rule

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
No change to the 17 for the Warriors with Kosi and Evans left on the extended bench, Bunnies have dropped Campbell Graham with our old friend Taane Milne coming in at centre. Braidan Burns moving onto the bench.

Reactions: Cces

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
If we had picked a second rower like sironen and put him out on the wing instead of kosi we would have won two or three more games this year
He's played in 3 losses this year. Would having Sironen on the Wing have resulted in a 27 point swing against the Storm? Would the 6 tries that weren't scored in Kosi's vicinity against Manly not have occured?
I find whoever I diss a cricket player on a cricket forum or an league player I here some other posters take it as a negative thing to do and react and give me a telling off
It appears you're confusing someone telling you off with someone pointing out some flaws in your post & your recollection of previous games

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
It appears you're confusing someone telling you off with someone pointing out some flaws in your post & your recollection of previous games
The above quote sounds like a telling off to me

Greenlite

U20's Player
Jul 11, 2021

Saw L Chad was asked by the Aussie chick hos they’ll approach the “must win” game vs the Bunnies and he had the same response - concentrate on their own performance and go from there

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings