16 P.Mago E.Katoa 15
17 J.Arrow B.Afoa 16
18 B.Burns L.Ah Mau 17
20 B.Taaffe E.Kosi 20

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Goanna crank out a pod fonz or is all this losing quelling the flame
Honestly I’m feeling no inspiration to do a normal review pod mate, but I probably will this week. Separately Im working on a special feature that’ll look at the big picture through a particular framework, hoping to pull that one off in the next week too.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Well whatever he is being told he should just want to do it.

And I'm not knocking the bloke he sounds like a great kid with a great head on his shoulders. But he is still learning how to be an NRL player week in week out, if his coach is asking him to play edge then play bench or prop then he surely must be excited to be playing nrl each week right?

I would like to think he's just excited to rip in with the lads each week? Or am I missing something?
Nope, don’t think you’re missing anything and I don’t think I’ve stated anything that says the contrary.

The bloke has played f all rugby league and has had a pretty rough year for a young fulla - was touted as the next big thing only to get dropped earlier on in the season. Starts playing well again and then someone like Murchie (someone who hasn’t been in the team for weeks) gets selected ahead of you…it’s a bit of a fuck around and you could forgive a young inexperienced fulla reading in to it or making his own mind up about what’s happened.

I like Brown and what he’s done so far, but I do feel he seems to tinker with the team just for tinkering’s sake. Off the top of your head, can you think of a good reason why Murchie would be promoted over Katoa…cos I can’t really see one

Reactions: jsmooove

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Nope, don’t think you’re missing anything and I don’t think I’ve stated anything that says the contrary.

The bloke has played f all rugby league and has had a pretty rough year for a young fulla - was touted as the next big thing only to get dropped earlier on in the season. Starts playing well again and then someone like Murchie (someone who hasn’t been in the team for weeks) gets selected ahead of you…it’s a bit of a fuck around and you could forgive a young inexperienced fulla reading in to it or making his own mind up about what’s happened.

I like Brown and what he’s done so far, but I do feel he seems to tinker with the team just for tinkering’s sake. Off the top of your head, can you think of a good reason why Murchie would be promoted over Katoa…cos I can’t really see one
Mate Katoa started on the bench last week, Brown is maintaining continuity of his role, not tinkering with it. The plan was Tohu Harris to spend 20/30 on the edge and move to the middle, with Katoa coming on. With Tohu Harris out I expect Murchie to play those 20/30 minutes.

hoolioh

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2016
Hamz
Murch is better than what hes shown in his last few cameos. He normally comes off the bench when we're on the back foot an try's too hard to get something going. Real shame our reserves cant get any game time to keep them from getting rusty. Id be more keen to drop sironen an start katoa an big ben on the bench.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Honestly I’m feeling no inspiration to do a normal review pod mate, but I probably will this week. Separately Im working on a special feature that’ll look at the big picture through a particular framework, hoping to pull that one off in the next week too.
Cheers bud look forward to hearing them. Get that they’d be a bit of a chore to make after a few losses, will admit I’m in less of a hurry to listen to league podcasts after a loss

Reactions: Big_Fattz

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015
Nah bro, I was at the game right behind the posts.
Addin Fonua-Blake was the main man talking every huddle.
Very obvious he has a lot of mana amongst the players.
I’m all for it.
With the added responsibility we could well see him mature and lift his game to an even higher level.
If he's the one talking in the huddle. Hopefully the boot up the arse speech or words of encouragement. Im all for it. Hes also leading by example with his go forward plays too. If he really wants the captaincy there's no reason for anybody to deny him.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Mate Katoa started on the bench last week, Brown is maintaining continuity of his role, not tinkering with it. The plan was Tohu Harris to spend 20/30 on the edge and move to the middle, with Katoa coming on. With Tohu Harris out I expect Murchie to play those 20/30 minutes.

I get the feeling from watching him play that Katoa is not fully over the foot/toe injury from earlier in the year either, or is playing through some other injury. Always looks real uncomfortable after getting tackled.

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
I know it’s unrelated but didn’t know where to post, where can I watch tales from tiger town? You guys watched it?
Foxtel 502.
Its on 730pm Monday night and replayed a few times during the week.
Interesting but not stunning.
Excepting Bennett and maybe Hook I think some of the older coaches have trouble relating to the younger generation especially when there are no or few guys in their thirties in the team. Tigers are a young side excepting Aussie Jim Tamou who is past it now anyway.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
We’ll..not really. Since being dropped and coming back Katoas played 6 games and has changed from starting to interchange 4 times haha. That’s not really maintaining any continuity at all…

And of those 6 games he’s played his best when starting, making over 100m 3 out of 4 times.

Give him a role and let him build into it

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
We’ll..not really. Since being dropped and coming back Katoas played 6 games and has changed from starting to interchange 4 times haha. That’s not really maintaining any continuity at all…

And of those 6 games he’s played his best when starting, making over 100m 3 out of 4 times.

Give him a role and let him build into it
Or maybe Brownie is managing a young players fatigue levels. We signed Katoa for 5 years or something. He's got a big future with the club. He dropped off but came back strong this season, so whatever Brownie is doing, it's working.
Let him bounce around getting game time this season, another decent preseason, and l'd back him to be a guaranteed starter next year.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
A few stats for the train spotters amongst us 👀
FB_IMG_1626918961349.jpg

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Jazz good for 15 minutes relief at hooker but no more. His passes are too hard and difficulty for cu**s to run on to at pace. Instead they have to concentrate on just catching the pill
Otukulo will go good though. His distribution is done with what in cricket we would call soft hands. It gets to the receiver almost as quick as jazz as otukulo has better body motions in the pass that are more economical than jazz so that even though his pills travel slower in the air they get there almost as quick. And when they do arrive that receiver can catch them easier and burst into the line of advantage with more power and momentum.

that said otukulo is suss as fuck in his ruck area defence as he will need about 5 or ten games to adjust to the biggest rugby league players in the world coming at him.
Anybody would need time to adjust in the middle third defensive structure.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
If Kane Evans was on the bench we would have a punchers chance of winning
I am frustrated he has fallen out of favour
I assume it must be a peripheral issue such as turning up to training late or dogging it during sit ups

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Yes this is it.Just seen it in the tea leaves and this team will beat Rabbits then go on a roll of wins to make the 8 and save part of our season.Last chance again for another week to dream or give up.We must be due an upset soon.
Sorry to be a buzz kill but i find it best to forget about dreams of making the 8 (if they do, won't make it deep) and just focus on how the team plays and the watch the potential of the new/young players for next year. I learnt that the hard way over the last few weeks thinking we need to win this game to make it into the 8. I've accepted they won't make it in and are just building up combinations and giving the rookies experience for next season. Makes it much less stressful to watch 😅.
Now if they win the next 2 games in a row I'm right back in to dream about the finals.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings