NRL Hard bastards of rugby league

Shades of the Adam Blair dust up against Manly when he was at the Storm

For me Peter Collecutt and Gary Dick at Carlaw back in the 60s was a doozey.
Could hear tables and chairs getting smashed in the dressing rooms while we were in the bleachers.
They were still at it 5 minutes after being sent off.

Watched a few hard men in the Canterbury comp growing up (you could almost have a hardest/roughest crowd section, below the scoreboard at Addington Showgrounds would be in the conversation!) Wayne Wallace, the Tuuta brothers, Mocky Brererton to name a few.
Alan Rushton would have to be at the top of that list!

Buck Shelford and Fred Allen used to play League (Fred is an undeafeated All Blacks coach called the needle because of the way he got to people).

Buck doesn't really count though without Rep honors.

Fred Allen played for Auckland Rugby on Saturday then Auckland League top side on the Sunday.

No suprises that nowhere in Fred Allens media coverage is his Rugby League career.

He started life as a League Junior in CH CH.

He was a war hero as well,

I had a fair bit to do with Fred and his wife Norma, their son Murray R.I.P.

Neville Ramsay. Not a big name, But still one of the toughest blokes in rugby league. Small in stature, but a tough son of a b*tch!

Pulled up to my work in his rubbish truck a decade or so ago. Had a good chat. Thought he would of been retired. Must of been 50 years old. No, Still playing lol

Neville Ramsay. Not a big name, But still one of the toughest blokes in rugby league. Small in stature, but a tough son of a b*tch!

Pulled up to my work in his rubbish truck a decade or so ago. Had a good chat. Thought he would of been retired. Must of been 50 years old. No, Still playing lol
Played some social games with him.

He was tough as for sure. There was another guy in his vintage called Vernon Wilson, from Otara, he was the man in the streets in those days, some on here will know of him, through league or through his street rep. Vernon was killed on his bike a week or so after we last spoke.

Ramsay would have been part of the Warriors system, born in the wrong era.

Played some social games with him.

He was tough as for sure. There was another guy in his vintage called Vernon Wilson, from Otara, he was the man in the streets in those days, some on here will know of him, through league or through his street rep. Vernon was killed on his bike a week or so after we last spoke.

Ramsay would have been part of the Warriors system, born in the wrong era.
I know of Vernon! My dad played footy with him. I'm not sure if it was with the Scorpions back then or whoever. But i remember him beating up some otahuhu players and no one stopped it 🤣

He passed? Damn. That's a shame. RIP to the OG!

I know of Vernon! My dad played footy with him. I'm not sure if it was with the Scorpions back then or whoever. But i remember him beating up some otahuhu players and no one stopped it 🤣

He passed? Damn. That's a shame. RIP to the OG!
Yeah his bike went under a truck bro, right when his career was taking off.
He was playing with a broken hand back in the day, we used to catch up in physio where I was being treated for something else.

Bikes are a problem coming up the left side of trucks
The drivers of trucks can’t see them and if the truck moves left the bike rider has no chance
The latest big Volvo trucks have a camera mounted under the left mirror facing backwards and a screen in the cab with the view - this stuff will help but driver is not always looking there but hopefully will when moving left

Bikes are a problem coming up the left side of trucks
The drivers of trucks can’t see them and if the truck moves left the bike rider has no chance
The latest big Volvo trucks have a camera mounted under the left mirror facing backwards and a screen in the cab with the view - this stuff will help but driver is not always looking there but hopefully will when moving left
They put bike lane up the left hand side.

Twice in the last 5 years this exact same thing has happened in Tauranga, trucks hitting bikes on the left when turning left with the bikes in bike lanes.

Bike lanes are rubbish
Unless there is physical separation from motor vehicle to bike lane
And I guess in Trg you have those for Nz super long truck trailer rigs carting exports to Port Mm.
Prob harder for driver to see the bike when he s got tens of metres of truck and trailers

Bike lanes are rubbish
Unless there is physical separation from motor vehicle to bike lane
And I guess in Trg you have those for Nz super long truck trailer rigs carting exports to Port Mm.
Prob harder for driver to see the bike when he s got tens of metres of truck and trailers
Both within 100m of different parts of the port 🙁

Bikes should be banned from that area
Trucks rule ( there anyway)
They spent millions creating a seperate wide shared pathway for bikes along there recently… and the bikes still go along the side of the road because the seperate pathway has to stop at side roads.