21 C.Townsend L.Martin 17
22 T.Harris I.Tago 18

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at 6 is the smart move. He can defend in the line but it's not hard for him and Walsh to swap roles on attack as they're both in a position to run off Chad and each other depending on the situation.

Kodi off the bench might give us some spark from dummy half.

We've got our centre pairing sorted, wings are solid, much better dynamic than what we've previously had

Overall I like it. Not predicting a win, but can't accuse Brown of just standing still and waiting for the process to kick in.

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
I believe this is our strongest lineup we have fielded this year. Cant fault browny for trying. SK definitely wouldnt have had the balls to name this line up.

Would prefer tevaga off the bench to add some punch and line speed at lock. Now walsh at 5/8 and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback would have made more sense just simply looking at skillset But keen to see how Roger Tuivasa-Sheck goes at 5/8. Keeping defense in two minds knowing hes most likely going to run would hold them up so could be interesting how much space our backs can get.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
I'm very excited about that team. I wish we could have fielded it for the last few weeks against our main competition as I genuinely think we would have been playing finals football (for a week).

I'd like Ben Murdoch-Masila off the bench. Him and Kodi (hooker) coming on late in the half would add a lot of spark. I agree that Jazz is nice off the bench, but hats off to him, he has played well for the last few weeks. He is a real asset when he does all of the background work without being too noticeable (niggling or overplaying his hand).

Teeps4Shore

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 17, 2021
Um... ok so some of you got your wish.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is at 6
Chad is at 7
Tohu Harris is at 12
Kodi on the bench

Wow!

I bet Walsh goes to 6 on attack and 1 on defense, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck vice versa.
Bet you Kodi plays dummy half - classic 14 role for him and a great big ‘stick that up ya for your shit performances’ from the gaffer.

Good Night Tongue GIF

Reactions: Worried2Death

danyooll

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 17, 2014
I feel like the points differential of teams are more of a reflection of where we’re at on the ladder. If we lose tomorrow and tigers win against broncos, we go to 14th.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
To do what? Run 40m, make 8 tackles and last 15 mins? No thanks. He’s really dropped off in form and is deservedly dropped.
Agree he deserved to be dropped. Was just lamenting we are a much better balanced squad when he is in form and on the bench.

Sironen has hardly been setting the world alight and runs for bugger all. While he has a better defensive work rate, it is hardly what we need when we have Curran and Tevaga already picked.

Hopefully being dropped is a rocket and he is back and fired up next week

Last edited:
Reactions: hman and Lance155

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
If Nikorima is to come on and cover dummy half I hope he runs. He seems to run more from dummy half when he plays in the halves and goes in there on an early tackle. When he's played dummy half he's tended to concentrate more on passing and moving the side around the field.

Due to our depth in the halves and dummy half Egan has taken on a huge workload this year. It would be good to give him a spell. Nikorima running often would also provide a point of difference between the two of them which is what you want as it keeps the opposition guessing.

The back line gives us more speed than we have had in previous years.

Hopefully we start like last week with Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake as it was great seeing a Warriors side smother an opposition. Also had a few tough shots in there. Need to keep the effort going throughout the 80.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
What some have missed is the depth in the backline. I was interested to see who missed out between Montoya and Berry now that Aitkin’s back. Neither deserved dropping. Neither have been! We have real depth and competition to retain spots in our backs now.

Berry the future star. Montoya the form back. Aitken’s the seasoned pro. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has not not put a foot wrong and has plenty of talent. 4 solid, form backs.

Big upgrades on Hiku, Fusitua and Maumalo, who had too much variation between their best and worst weeks.

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings