17 K.Evans S.Sorensen 15
20 E.Aitken S.Leniu 16
21 C.Townsend L.Martin 17
22 T.Harris I.Tago 18

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Geez, pretty exciting that Tohu Harris and Townsend's injuries are not as bad as diagnosed then.

I know the horse is bolting, but it would be great to see a team that is close to our best on paper just once in the season.

Unlike Bruce I'm a big Ben Murdoch-Masila fan this season, but I'm pleased that Brown has drawn a line in the sand by dropping him. Now if he can just play him in position...

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Geez, pretty exciting that Tohu Harris and Townsend's injuries are not as bad as diagnosed then.

I know the horse is bolting, but it would be great to see a team that is close to our best on paper just once in the season.

Unlike Bruce I'm a big Ben Murdoch-Masila fan this season, but I'm pleased that Brown has drawn a line in the sand by dropping him. Now if he can just play him in position...
Was he straight dropped or injured? With Katoa showing some form and Curran back we can handle it.
If all 3 come into the starting side that is a strong side. Who do we leave at 6? Haha

Reactions: Worried2Death

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
How does Nikorima get another go? The Panthers strategists must be laughing so hard. They will only need to worry about one half actually doing anything and they will only need to defend against 12 men
It has to be Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to fullback and Walsh or somebody to the halves. Or anybody at the club to the halves. Just not Nikorima.
PLEASE?
Or maybe Browns being super clever and he just screwing with the Panthers heads? Because he's certainly screwing with mine

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Didn’t realise Ben Murdoch-Masila was playing for his position last week and I’m not surprised to see him dropped tbh, he started the season well but has been on the slide for a number of weeks now. To me he’s always been a right edge back rower it’s where he’s played the majority of his career but it looks like Brown favours Katoa in that position and fair enough, trouble is wherever else he’s played Ben Murdoch-Masila it’s fair to say it‘s been a failure.

Unless Ben Murdoch-Masila can improve on his effort on effort areas within the game he’ll continue to be a liability for us, he doesn’t seem to have the motor for the speed of the game now and probably needs a freshen up. Bit of a concern less than a year into a three year deal imo.

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Didn’t realise Ben Murdoch-Masila was playing for his position last week and I’m not surprised to see him dropped tbh, he started the season well but has been on the slide for a number of weeks now. To me he’s always been a right edge back rower it’s where he’s played the majority of his career but it looks like Brown favours Katoa in that position and fair enough, trouble is wherever else he’s played Ben Murdoch-Masila it’s fair to say it‘s been a failure.

Unless Ben Murdoch-Masila can improve on his effort on effort areas within the game he’ll continue to be a liability for us, he doesn’t seem to have the motor for the speed of the game now and probably needs a freshen up. Bit of a concern less than a year into a three year deal imo.
I mean, for about 6 or 7 weeks Ben Murdoch-Masila was looking like a world beater. Running great lines, good offloads, knocking people over. Then he got chucked in at prop and has started to taper off significantly.
Im glad he’s been given a week. Hope it fires him up and he’s able to come back and put in 30-35 minutes of quality from the bench each week, it’s his best position for sure

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013

An obvious drop from him but I don't think it is as bad as most. Still very physical and strong on D which is vital to put a stop to these rolling 6 again sets. Still seems to get good metres but just number of hit ups and running off the ball has dropped off.
I don't disagree with dropping him for a week but I would only leave it at 1 before letting him back for redemption

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I honestly can't watch another 80mins of that diabolical halves pairing.
I honestly cant sit through another game if our sub par halves pairing is again going to get to dictate our proceedings with 107 recieve's of the ball while our 2 (and perhaps only) elite players Roger and Reece get 66 recieves!!!!

......and this forum wonders why we're shit.

Said it at the time and saying it now......the moment Brown decided to exile our best player out to the wing and refuse to plug the most obvious deficiency in the halves with Walsh was the moment he decided our season was done.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
An obvious drop from him but I don't think it is as bad as most. Still very physical and strong on D which is vital to put a stop to these rolling 6 again sets. Still seems to get good metres but just number of hit ups and running off the ball has dropped off.
I don't disagree with dropping him for a week but I would only leave it at 1 before letting him back for redemption
Often when I see him off the ball 20 or so minutes into a stint he‘s looking pretty knackered, I’d wager it’s where he’s picking up most of his errors lately. I haven’t written him off, Brown just needs to find how best to use him.

Good time to rest him against the Panthers who are a fast mobile side who move the ball better than almost any team in the league, would be a tough ask for Ben Murdoch-Masila at the moment.

Reactions: john nick
South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings