Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015
I thought jazz was terrific..? 48 tackles, 120m, 4 offloads, 3 tackle breaks

Katoa, 40 tackles. 90m, 2 offloads.

I think LAM is passed it. Doesn’t offer anything with the ball, just a carry. Good defender but gets beat easy if it’s not another forward. These days props need a passing game, his is non-existent.

Curran was average too.
I know im being a downer on jazz but the 3 six agains in 1 set he gave to penrith stood out for me. Addin Fonua-Blake/LODGE played so well i didnt really focus on the rest of the pack.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I know im being a downer on jazz but the 3 six agains in 1 set he gave to penrith stood out for me. Addin Fonua-Blake/LODGE played so well i didnt really focus on the rest of the pack.
We only gave away 3 6 agains for ruck infringements in the whole game & only 2 were credited against Jazz so perhaps your downer on Jazz blinds you to the reality

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
6 agains are being called for inside the 10 at times too. NRL.com recorded 5 against the Warriors. I am guessing Welly Boy is referring to the sett in the 32-33rd minute. It ended with Kikau scoring.

13th min set restart Katoa at the ruck
32nd min set restart Katoa inside the 10 (although Jazz led the line and came up in front of him)
33rd min set restart Jazz ruck infringement
33rd min set restart Jazz ruck infringement
69th min set restart Lodge inside the 10

Reactions: Swanny

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Didn't think the Evans thing was a big deal but I also forgot the rules state you just can't do it. So he'll need to shut up and cop whatever punishment is coming his way.

Just on Evans, does he seem skinny this year? He doesn't look as heavy as he usually has in years gone by and thus lacking that grunt that he usually had. He was pretty good for the eels last year and had some good years with the chooks. I thought he was a good signing but he hasn't really kicked on this year.
Evans is another one I think is being mucked about by the coach.
After his first 5 games of the season was averaging about 30min and 100m a game, something none of our other props were doing.
Rd 10 he was a late scratching against the Storm with no explanation, and from there he’s been either dropped, 18th man or given lower minutes.

Parra showed in his last two years if he gets given more than 30 minutes consistently he’ll make you meters

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
As to Evans wrist band, Cameron George was made aware of it during the game and went to the Bench and had it covered. He said during the game wasn't the time to go further with it, and I agree. Now waiting on the NRL As for it being picked up, who reads wristbands, really.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
People go on about an excellent effort etc ,but truth is this is a terrible year and likely to be one of the worst years in Warriors history.
Doesn’t add up does it. Superior team to last year where we played average and managed to win games.

I think all season we have put in, played with intensity, been in every game but the opposition just seem to have one player pull off a huge play at the right time. Little luck which the opposition seem to get…

Yes our halves are average but we won with them last year. Effort is there, talent is there, just not getting the results.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Doesn’t add up does it. Superior team to last year where we played average and managed to win games.

I think all season we have put in, played with intensity, been in every game but the opposition just seem to have one player pull off a huge play at the right time. Little luck which the opposition seem to get…

Yes our halves are average but we won with them last year. Effort is there, talent is there, just not getting the results.

This is a very long standing problem. And you can date it back as far as the Warriors second ever game, they run out an extra player illegally, a mistake they will never make again, because it is a mistake you do not make once ordinarily....but it turns out to be the ruin of what should have been a debut season finals appearance.

Frankly they have always been a bunch of losers and this stuff should come as no surprise to fans.

There is only one fix to the problem. These close infinite unlucky losses.

They have to defend better. They have to become a superior defensive side, to account for their lack of fortune.

You cannot win this game by having better attack and poor defence.

Attack needs some luck, we don't have any, so forget about trying to pull off the miracle winning plays.

Defence needs no luck, it is a factor entirely within your own grasp.

We seem to have a fairly good defensive side this season compared to the past, certainly once we got rid of our Prop wings, and Hiku....bringing in tradesmen like Montoya and Curran, and Egan....Aitken too...things are a lot tighter. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Lodge, more defence. It is clear what they are trying to do for next season.

Johnson returns, another notable defender. They really only need to be rid of Kodi and get more experience for people like Katoa and they will have a team that can actually consistently play NRL style RL.

Last game we really showed what it takes to defend and not get thrashed with thirteen men.

That is the key, to countering this horrible luck thing. Especially when you consider we lost our best defender in that mare on Sunday.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Rd 10 he was a late scratching against the Storm with no explanation, and from there he’s been either dropped, 18th man or given lower minutes.
When he was a late scratching in Round 10 (against the Eels) Brown was quoted as saying it was because they had to back up 5 days later vs the Tigers & he was, rightly or wrongly, managing him due to that

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
This is a very long standing problem. And you can date it back as far as the Warriors second ever game, they run out an extra player illegally, a mistake they will never make again, because it is a mistake you do not make once ordinarily....but it turns out to be the ruin of what should have been a debut season finals appearance.

Frankly they have always been a bunch of losers and this stuff should come as no surprise to fans.

There is only one fix to the problem. These close infinite unlucky losses.

They have to defend better. They have to become a superior defensive side, to account for their lack of fortune.

You cannot win this game by having better attack and poor defence.

Attack needs some luck, we don't have any, so forget about trying to pull off the miracle winning plays.

Defence needs no luck, it is a factor entirely within your own grasp.

We seem to have a fairly good defensive side this season compared to the past, certainly once we got rid of our Prop wings, and Hiku....bringing in tradesmen like Montoya and Curran, and Egan....Aitken too...things are a lot tighter. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Lodge, more defence. It is clear what they are trying to do for next season.

Johnson returns, another notable defender. They really only need to be rid of Kodi and get more experience for people like Katoa and they will have a team that can actually consistently play NRL style RL.

Last game we really showed what it takes to defend and not get thrashed with thirteen men.

That is the key, to countering this horrible luck thing. Especially when you consider we lost our best defender in that mare on Sunday.
My opinion has always been you are only blaming the refs because you put yourselves in a position where a refs call can lose it. While officiating will always be up and down if your a consistently a good team you won't even care/notice

ottosump

My opinion has always been you are only blaming the refs because you put yourselves in a position where a refs call can lose it. While officiating will always be up and down if your a consistently a good team you won't even care/notice
I have always been of the same opinion however at the risk of sounding melodramatic I believe that the NRL is going the way of the WWF. with almost scripted personas, the heroes and heels, the Larkins, the scoundrels, the courageous but ultimately unsuccessful teams. While this may be subconscious, the narratives that come out each week continue to reinforce the message. Week in week out we see the competition darlings get the rub of the green because they are expected to be successful while the also rans lack that killer edge. eg the difference between Josh Curren and Charlie Staines Try(s). To paraphrase George Orwell All animals teams are equal but some are more equal than others

Reactions: Raw Power

Peewee

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 20, 2020
I thought jazz was terrific..? 48 tackles, 120m, 4 offloads, 3 tackle breaks

Katoa, 40 tackles. 90m, 2 offloads.

I think LAM is passed it. Doesn’t offer anything with the ball, just a carry. Good defender but gets beat easy if it’s not another forward. These days props need a passing game, his is non-existent.

Curran was average too.
Agree he does nothing on attack

Reactions: warriorsfan92

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021
After his first 5 games of the season was averaging about 30min and 100m a game, something none of our other props were doing.

Parra showed in his last two years if he gets given more than 30 minutes consistently he’ll make you meters
I was thinking the same thing too actually, he hasn't really been given the opportunity to play himself into form and he's been reasonably good at times this year. He's probably been a bit hard done by.

Peewee

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 20, 2020

Muck him about like Papalli. Then look what happened when he left

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017

His defence has been lacking. Front on he is a good defender but he has been caught out with lateral movement a number of times

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings