Votes: 32 34.0%
  • B

Votes: 35 37.2%
  • C

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • F-

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Wasn't Maumalo originally a second rower/edge forward? From memory (and it might be wrong) the warriors shifted him to the wing to be Manu 2.0. Always thought he'd be more of a nightmare running hard at a sliding edge defence.

Oh hey that wasnt to bad, got through the 8 pages pretty quick. If you ignore all the posts about pitch invaders and shoe'es it would have gone even faster.

BTW both imo are a blight on the game. Just like that idiot who paints his face and wants to be in every shot every week. IMO, its not about them as individuals. so dont make them into celebrities. Its about the team and the fans overall, would rather see more shots like the one of the kid holding the flag, sticking his tongue out and trying to look buff. Or show them once then move on to someone else. And clear out the row below the warriors coaching box so the coach doesnt have to look at dickheads heads all game.
Blame the 7s and the 9s...oh and the cricket.

T.V. Is obsessed with this 'carnival' atmosphere and other buzz cliches.

I have grown used to the Joker after people on here said he was a genuinely nice bloke, before that I wasn't a fan at all.

Agreed on idiots drinking out of shoes, we are supposed to be promoting healthy life styles to younger viewers, not piss heads mimicking 1970s NZ gang initiation rituals.

I guess to be fair to Sky they have to have shots of the coaching box, buy hey, angle that shot up a few feet eh?

Still....the crowd were amazing...I give them a solid 7.5 out of ten....points deducted for going quiet when the Tigers rushing defence silenced em.

Still....the crowd were amazing...I give them a solid 7.5 out of ten....points deducted for going quiet when the Tigers rushing defence silenced em.
weirdly it never seemed that quiet where I was (lower west). The crowd was way louder than the 48k at Eden Park on Sat night. Was great to hear the crowd getting stuck into the ref, even when the ref or bunker had made the correct call 🤣

bruce

Contributor
Rd 3 2020, 18-0 v Dragons. Which is also the last time we were coached by an ex-player who truly loved the club. What do you think now Bruce, is Stacey the one to turn us around?
I have always felt this was a good team that just needed some confidence, and therefore cohesion. Nathan Brown might have been a nice guy, and knew how to build a team, but he was never a guy who seemed to have confidence in himself. Good coaches have that and it spreads, either way.

Stacey was always a nice guy, but not stupid, and the way he stood Daniel Anderson up showed me he is not one to take too much shite. He was never a complicated player, always seemed to see the game game simply.

I don't know if he is the one to turn the club around but he cannot be worse than Brown, and Kevin Campion cannot be a worse defensive coach than Justin Morgan...surely?

This year is stuffed and we are facing a big game against the Storm. Let's see how it goes.

bruce

Contributor
The crowd was way louder than the 48k at Eden Park on Sat night.
Absolutely. Eden Park is a shocker for crowd viewing and the ground was a swamp on Saturday. Both teams deserved better than that. I seem to remember some time back the council complaining how much the ground needed spent on it, it might be for drainage.

In comparison MSS was like a bowling green, massive plaudits to the ground staff. Tell me any Aussie pro who would not be turned on by that crowd atmosphere and playing on a bowling green.

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
Absolutely. Eden Park is a shocker for crowd viewing and the ground was a swamp on Saturday. Both teams deserved better than that. I seem to remember some time back the council complaining how much the ground needed spent on it, it might be for drainage.

In comparison MSS was like a bowling green, massive plaudits to the ground staff. Tell me any Aussie pro who would not be turned on by that crowd atmosphere and playing on a bowling green.
bruce bruce you are a man for exaggeration

A swamp, ffs it wasn’t the 1975 Waterpolo Test v Scotland - now that was a swamp!

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Contributor
bruce bruce you are a man for exaggeration

A swamp, ffs it wasn’t the 1975 Waterpolo Test v Scotland - now that was a swamp!
I was living a few blocks away that day. The rain was torrential, even for Auckland. Players were in danger of drowning in rucks. The place is not a good sports venue. That was one think Jim Doyle was dead right about. Sell it for residential housing and spend the money on MSS.

Reactions: zaggo and kos
Has anyone seen a way to view the post match show on sky?

My recording on mysky went to the end of the game and cut to the dragons game.
I think they often flick it over to another channel.

I think, and rightly so, the nrl wanted us to win that match
Eg jazz has been sin binned for similar late hits before
Nonetheless they weren’t going to give us the match and we were the better team
My major point I wanted to make is that by having that glut of possession in the first twenty minutes the team was able to learn some valuable lessons on how and how not to conduct an NRL level offence
At first we oscillated between settlers and attempted highlight reel plays
After twenty minutes we went for something in between and applied constant pressure and tries started to come
Hopefully this game has played us into a bit of form.