Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
One things for sure. We are getting burnt on our edges with pace now that teams have figured us out.

We have zero pace out wide when attacking and defending and our guys are slow to turn and defend.

Tigers did it to us, manly did it to us, raiders did it to us, panthers this game, list just goes on and on.

Next year with RTS and Leitua will be better but Montoya might need a spell as well. Would love another fast winger - NOT KOSI (love him but he’s not fast) Tuapiki is my choice

One things for sure. We are getting burnt on our edges with pace now that teams have figured us out.

We have zero pace out wide when attacking and defending and our guys are slow to turn and defend.

Tigers did it to us, manly did it to us, raiders did it to us, panthers this game, list just goes on and on.

Next year with RTS and Leitua will be better but Montoya might need a spell as well. Would love another fast winger - NOT KOSI (love him but he’s not fast) Tuapiki is my choice
What about Metcalf on the wing if his hammies come right?

It was a very weird game where we released the valve of pressure at the perfect times as we began to build it. We started to get into some good patterns and would straight away be penalised, lose the ball etc. Our middles play was super poor, I didnt think it was gonna be that bad but they missed Dylan in the middle. Apart from that we had good resolve but lateral movement has been the death of our team with Nathan destroying us in that department. Possesion is the killer in the modern game, you need equal share of the ball. Penrith were clinical and its something to aspire to.

I would tend to agree.

And I'm quick to blame the refs. But cmon playing Penrith in the finals, you HAVE to know the refs wont give you any love. Klein didn't send a bloke off for biting last night...

The NRL wants a free flowing spectacle, so give them one. If we had been bashing Penrith up, throwing the ball around, scoring tries, the ref would have given us plenty. But we put ZERO pressure on them.

Sensible answer

Unlike some people Inruin inruin who go starting new threads with no good reason… 😉

Sensible answer

Unlike some people Inruin inruin who go starting new threads with no good reason… 😉
Well, I have given you sensible answers. Apparently you prefer blaming the refs for cheating even though the ruling is correct. Thought a separate thread would have been useful as a reference rather than lost in a post match thread.

Well, I have given you sensible answers. Apparently you prefer blaming the refs for cheating even though the ruling is correct. Thought a separate thread would have been useful as a reference rather than lost in a post match thread.

What?

I never said cheating

That’s a false accusation

I said unconscious bias

There’s a difference

You have a good mix of sensible and irrational answers . Distinguishing the two is a challenge

What?

I never said cheating

That’s a false accusation

I said unconscious bias

There’s a difference

You have a good mix of sensible and irrational answers . Distinguishing the two is a challenge
Call it what you want. The inference is there. But hey, that's cool, its easier to blame the refs than to look at the actual rule they are enforcing. And you ask for logical answers :D

I would be interested to see an example of an irrational answer I have given you. Hey, maybe I have out of sheer frustration.

Call it what you want. The inference is there. But hey, that's cool, its easier to blame the refs than to look at the actual rule they are enforcing. And you ask for logical answers :D

I would be interested to see an example of an irrational answer I have given you. Hey, maybe I have out of sheer frustration.

1694408897673.gif

Tuapiki needs game time or another club will grab him!

I don’t like the fact that we’ve lost to the Roosters twice, knights once, lost to the Rabbitohs and broncos with weakened teams, panthers twice now, beaten by the storm on Anzac day.

Have we overvalued our teams performances? All the others teams we’ve beaten this year are literally dogshit including the bulldogs (twice) dragons (twice) raiders (twice) sharks (twice) tigers etc

When we beat parra they were missing half their team, we only beat the raiders at home by one point as well.

Don’t get me wrong, great season but the broncos and panthers are soooo fucking far ahead of everyone else that it’s not even funny.

I don’t like the fact that we’ve lost to the Roosters twice, knights once, lost to the Rabbitohs and broncos with weakened teams, panthers twice now, beaten by the storm on Anzac day.

Have we overvalued our teams performances? All the others teams we’ve beaten this year are literally dogshit including the bulldogs (twice) dragons (twice) raiders (twice) sharks (twice) tigers etc

When we beat parra they were missing half their team, we only beat the raiders at home by one point as well.

Don’t get me wrong, great season but the broncos and panthers are soooo fucking far ahead of everyone else that it’s not even funny.
Roosters were better than us. Rabbits too. Raiders were close. We are never winning an Anzac game in Melbourne. Panthers are the best.

The closeness of the Panthers first game was encouraging. Broncos was close too. They and the Roosters are still alive but it appears we will only face the knights and Broncos to face the Panthers a third time if we get that far. Or bow out against the knights and prove you very right as well as enjoy a better year than many previous ones. And I think no matter what happens this weekend or the next two after that.......2024 has huge upside potential.

I would tend to agree.

And I'm quick to blame the refs. But cmon playing Penrith in the finals, you HAVE to know the refs wont give you any love. Klein didn't send a bloke off for biting last night...

The NRL wants a free flowing spectacle, so give them one. If we had been bashing Penrith up, throwing the ball around, scoring tries, the ref would have given us plenty. But we put ZERO pressure on them.
I kind of dislike the "free flowing spectacle" carry on. The refs have been told to put their whistles away ruck wise, maybe this was always the case in finals. We've never been in it, so I haven't taken too much notice of it as I did watching the four games on the weekend. But six agains don't stop the flow, and teams all weekend were falling asleep in the ruck so why can't six agains be called in bulk?

Seems Webby and staff either missed that memo and or forgot to tell the players. If we aren't destroying the ruck on Saturday ala Penrith, I will be bitterly dissapointed.

Back