NRL Stats

6 of last years top 8 had youth (inexperience), seems like an asset… but then there was the Tigers đŸ¤£

Can our old men defy the odds!

There was an article sometime last year that crunched the numbers on GF winning 17s.

Can't remember exactly but they reckon winning NRL teams tend to skew a bit younger with a bunch of players in a similar kind of age bracket 22-26ish who've played a heap together coming up.

In another thread i noted that after the first round the Warriors sat 15th lowest in PCM to total run metre ratios. They improved in Round 2 to 11th & ranked 12th in Round 3 with 33.6%. Despite their loss, the Raiders were the top team in the competition last round with 40.9% of all their metres coming post contact. That worked out to be 3.3m PCMs per carry.
Parra, Canterbury, Newcastle & North Queensland also grabbed wins despite being lower on the ledger than their opposition so there's no real correlation to be found but it's something I think I'll keep track of

Last edited:
In another thread i noted that after the first round the Warriors sat 15th lowest in PCM to total run metres ratios. They improved in Round 2 to 11th & ranked 12th in Round 3 with 33.6%. Despite their loss, the Raiders were the top team in the competition last round with 40.9% of all their metres coming post contact. That worked out to be 3.3m PCMs per carry.
Parra, Canterbury, Newcastle & North Queensland also grabbed wins despite being lower on the ledger than their opposition so there's no real correlation to be found but it's something I think I'll keep track of
Interesting! It is a small sample size, of course, but would be an interesting one for Fonzie Fonzie to digest on the next TWL pod he is on.

Back