General NSW Cup 2024

With Lussick being referred straight to the NRL judiciary, he will likely get 6-8 weeks. I’m hoping the club and their lawyer challenge the sanction he gets.

I’ve watched the incident many times now and it seems Lussick was protecting himself from the kicking leg of Ilias and never dives at Ilias’s legs throughout the process.

The NRL seem to be penalising on the consequence and not the action. May as well ban charge downs and kick pressure while there at it..

I really don't see how he has a case to answer for, he's just going for the charge down.
If you’re trying to charge down and you throw a raised knee into the kickers leg you have made a huge, careless mistake.

I can understand an argument that he was trying to tackle him and got it wrong, but if Freddy was actually trying to charge down he should have been a meter further to his left - he didn’t get anywhere near the ball.

If you can’t safely charge the kick down and also make sure you’re well clear of the kickers leg you shouldn’t attempt the charge down. Good charge down technique shouldn’t even risk coming anywhere near the kickers leg, you charge the ball down after it’s kicked.

POV - What Lachlan Ilias saw

1712553238930.png

Honestly how does the NRL stand up in front of everyone and say Freddy's ban is double Latrells (who actually had loading on it as well!).
You won't find 1% of all NRL fans agree with that call. yet they come out and defend it. How does the entire fan base have the opposite opinion to a small group of decision makers.

Honestly how does the NRL stand up in front of everyone and say Freddy's ban is double Latrells (who actually had loading on it as well!).
You won't find 1% of all NRL fans agree with that call. yet they come out and defend it. How does the entire fan base have the opposite opinion to a small group of decision makers.
i suspect if Sj went down or had a broken jaw Mitchell is sent off and given 8 weeks,

If the collision with lussick doesnt result in an injury then is there even a penalty?

we are getting to the stage where they are handing out punishment based on injury rather the actual foul. Mitchell had direct contact with the head with force. thats a minimum sin bin every day of the week. SJ got up and looked around looking for a penalty.

i suspect if Sj went down or had a broken jaw Mitchell is sent off and given 8 weeks,

If the collision with lussick doesnt result in an injury then is there even a penalty?

we are getting to the stage where they are handing out punishment based on injury rather the actual foul. Mitchell had direct contact with the head with force. thats a minimum sin bin every day of the week. SJ got up and looked around looking for a penalty.
100% yet they still sit there and deny the injury plays any part. It's just insane how blatantly hypocritical they are.

100% yet they still sit there and deny the injury plays any part. It's just insane how blatantly hypocritical they are.
i agree with penalizing a player when he commits foul play that puts someone in a dangerous position. The issue you have here is the referee and the bunker makign subjective calls on certain plays based on injury to the player. this is exactly what happened all over the weekend. Victor radley got binned, lussick got sent off and mitchell stayed on the field.

i hope we never get to a stage where it becomes rugby union and its just unwatchable.

Referred straight there means there’s no limit on the ban he could get

I think 3-4 weeks if fair but wouldn’t be surprised if they make an example of him.

It’s unfortunate. High risk play. If you dive in like that you’ve gotta be sure you’re gonna get to the ball.

Still can’t believe the amount of people online saying it’s dirty/malicious play

I saw in another thread someone talking about how with the way SJ plays now, he could play another 3-4 years. Same deal with Reynolds.

All of this protection the halfs get from contact while kicking (blindsides, contact with legs, etc) may be annoying in some senses, but it is prolonging the careers of halfbacks. With very few top drawer halfbacks coming along it is a bit of a godsend.

I'm expecting Lussick to get time for putting himself in a position that was dangerous for Illias, but I do hope the judiciary take motive into account.