Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
The pro Warriors effort vs stick the boot in and tear down every micro play fans are close to half half tonight....poetic eh and a decent representation of the human condition.

You know that was actually good while Penrith were excellent - I enjoyed TMM's defence and the bump he put on Leota - be brilliant to see him and SJ combine

And our centres weren't as terrible as some comments either - we had little ball to do much with but on attack the inside play was definitely not direct enough for them to open up the wings -- the one try was partly due to good distribution by Berry (and that amazing pass by Dallin back inside) - and defensively they were pretty good too (though yeah Pompey's miss on Clearly for his try shitted me, reckon he should have mad a covering tackle there)
The thing that Metcalf brings is speed at the attack line. We get past the defenceline because of that. TMM is more about sleight of hand, which can be predictable. Whereas Metcalf's speed turns the defence around, which would have totally tested Penrith a lot more than TMM did today.

I thought we did well considering the reffing bias.

We didn't get any crusher calls and they were happening! The first 2 tries weren't tries. To'o let's go of the ball before the line might I add and then rolls it forward?

Turuva in real time looked out then in slow-mo left arm was out!

We def missing a kicking game. And the cup team did amazingly well to pump the Raiders

We take heaps out of that game. Personally our forwards were as good as them matched them for physicality and metres. We just missed a tinne more tackles and Clearly put our outside backs under immense pressure.

We only let the one lone try in (Martin) in through the middle which is a massive statement we can take out of that game.

Last edited:
Or Marata's 5 previous charges this year. The Warriors haven't actually been penalised at the judiciary for a crusher this year.
Yeah they really used that against us

I'll say it again we can cut that out right now if we say a player cannot back into the defence.

You're 90percent chance of being called for a crusher if the attacking player turns and sits down.

I saw a lot of positives. The one i think could have helped was more pressure on cleary. He is afforded so much time. Someone needs to go after him.

I'm proud of the effort. I know we leaked 32 points, but some of our goal line D was awesome and showed real desperation. Massive effort.

We looked up for it early on, but Penrith just punished our errors. As well as some cheap (dubious) penalties really put us under pressure.

Kicking game was average (as expected), and we just didn't build any pressure. TMM and Walker ran our plays but we ended up to lateral with no one straightening and digging into the line. end result we went over the sideline a couple of times.

Credit where its due, Penrith were pretty impressive. Their defence was rock solid and Cleary had an awesome game. They are tough to beat and Minor Premiers for a reason.

Still proud of the effort, which gives e hope that next week they will come back firing.
N0 lip dropping tonight...none.

Back