Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
The efforr was A+ we got fkd by the officials.
The refereeing was very poor.

My guess, because it is hard to see on TV, was that the 10 metres wasn't being enforced, and I think I heard one of the commentators say that.

Also, in the second half we had two 50/50s (if I could be so kind) go against us in a row, then they scored.

It wouldn't have changed the result, just the score.

To reiterate, through club, national rep or international squad I was blessed to be selected in I always challenged my back 5 that they will never beat me in kick returns yardage to help our forwards/team. I lost once..to Georgie Carmont when played for American Sa vs Tonga. He cheated lol
Georgie was good. Even when playing for Leopards. I feel like I know you. Henry?

Too many errors and missed tackles to start the game. Put us under the pump. Not a good start. Missed SJ’s influence, leadership and kicking. Missed Metcalf too. Not a good bench. Need more minutes from Curran. Bring on next week.
Also finals footy is a big step up, Having a few who have played finals is no match for a team that has played regularly. However I would not want o be the Knights next week...assuming it is the we will be playing...because our defensive standard will be much higher.

Yeah. I reckon you hit the nail on the head. I hope coach uses his head over loyalty when it comes to selections next year. The standard has been set on defence. To improve on this year we must make our attack more lethal. Players like Pompey and Montoya are reliable journeymen, but it just takes an error or two and their value diminishes. Whereas a lethal attacker can make up for it by scoring or try assists

god if we could sign Justin Olam....no one runs down his side!

Anyone worried about the Tohu or Walker crusher tackles.

The Tohu one looked bad imo, but you see that Garner moved his head very last minute which Tohu had no way of reacting to that in time. I think (and hope) that common sense prevails

Or Marata's 5 previous charges this year. The Warriors haven't actually been penalised at the judiciary for a crusher this year.

Taking out Johnson caused a lot of changes. Even though it was just a matter of slotting Walker into the halves.

We lost Walker off the bench which has helped turn things around when he comes on. He also gives us a playmaker through the middle.

Also lost our main organiser and kicker.

TMM showed he could take on a bit more kicking but he's way off being the main kicker.

It also meant our kicking was heading to the left hand side instead of the right. Most of the year we have had Berry and DWZ leading the kick chase. Instead we were kicking down the other side which would be good to build up as for some variety.

Next year we will likely have RTS on that side who has mentioned leading the kick chase.
We actually won the kicking metres by quite a bit.

We had no right to dominate the Ruck, when the Ref did not interfere we went deep in their half at will
The Ref kept the Panthers in it.

Same Aussie fuckery every year.

Still, saw enough to know we actually could win this comp with Sj.
With SJ and TMM and some fair calls we could post a lot of points off that roll on we set up.

Proud of how hard people were running tonight.

I'm proud of the effort. I know we leaked 32 points, but some of our goal line D was awesome and showed real desperation. Massive effort.

We looked up for it early on, but Penrith just punished our errors. As well as some cheap (dubious) penalties really put us under pressure.

Kicking game was average (as expected), and we just didn't build any pressure. TMM and Walker ran our plays but we ended up to lateral with no one straightening and digging into the line. end result we went over the sideline a couple of times.

Credit where its due, Penrith were pretty impressive. Their defence was rock solid and Cleary had an awesome game. They are tough to beat and Minor Premiers for a reason.

Still proud of the effort, which gives e hope that next week they will come back firing.

You know that was actually good while Penrith were excellent - I enjoyed TMM's defence and the bump he put on Leota - be brilliant to see him and SJ combine

And our centres weren't as terrible as some comments either - we had little ball to do much with but on attack the inside play was definitely not direct enough for them to open up the wings -- the one try was partly due to good distribution by Berry (and that amazing pass by Dallin back inside) - and defensively they were pretty good too (though yeah Pompey's miss on Clearly for his try shitted me, reckon he should have mad a covering tackle there)

Georgie was good. Even when playing for Leopards. I feel like I know you. Henry?
Much respect and appreciation for your reply brother. Georgie is good and we catch up at Tag Tournaments these days but we were center partners for AmSa at the last Pacific Cup at Carlaw Park. I was Dean Hunters wildcard from Ponsonby/Akl RFU

Last edited:
Back