Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Fresh rumours that the Roosters have an offer on the table for him for 2023. To be honest I imagine it's BS, especially as from all accounts we have first right of refusal, but adds fuel to the fire that his future is back in league.

Reactions: bruce
The talk of the Rooster circling is coming from people within the NZ union circles with Kirwan and Wilson talking about it. Now is that coming from stuff they have heard around or somewhere else.

Similar to when players move clubs or when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck moved to union often where there is smoke there is fire.

The Roosters often make plays for people you would expect they don't have cap space or a position for and often get their man. I'd be surprised if he'd want to move back to Sydney and play on the wing with Suaalii to play at centre. Mind you the Roosters being competitive and a chance of winning a premiership could be of interest. He moved to the Warriors as he wanted to move back to NZ. He's able to do that playing union.

I'd be surprised if he returns to league in 2023. I know the World Cup squad is still a tough assignment but he still has another year. Moving now would mean giving up on his dream after one season.

the game just doesn’t look made for him. how much can he be enjoying not even touching the ball… must go against all his instincts

He is in the wrong position - have no idea why or who thinks he is a 12 and nothing more

12 these days is a second option which is what hurt Laumape. We are all aware of the lack of ball-playing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has in his game.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck could make a go of 13 but is definitely more suited to wing or fullback

Two of our greatest mid-fielders in Umaga and Nonu started on the wing before moving in and that is exactly what Roger Tuivasa-Sheck should have done.

He is now atleast 3rd option in midfield and probably 4th option with all fit

He is in the wrong position - have no idea why or who thinks he is a 12 and nothing more

12 these days is a second option which is what hurt Laumape. We are all aware of the lack of ball-playing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has in his game.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck could make a go of 13 but is definitely more suited to wing or fullback

Two of our greatest mid-fielders in Umaga and Nonu started on the wing before moving in and that is exactly what Roger Tuivasa-Sheck should have done.

He is now atleast 3rd option in midfield and probably 4th option with all fit
and he has no kicking game which is a necessity for a back in Union

I'd be disappointed to see him in another NRL club's colours.

I wouldn't blame him, but it would be yet another damning indictment of our club if another warriors insider elected go elsewhere (particularly for unders)

Having said that, it wouldnt surprise me. A man can only take so much!

If I was him I'd be trying to monetise his skills as much as possible. If the RWC path doesn't look likely I'd be heading to a rugby club offshore - France / UK / Japan, and set the family up

bighitter

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck go to move has always been that shimmy step.

Solid everywhere else, but not a game changer.

Happy if either chooks or we, steal him back from Yawnion.

Not sure how the Roosters can possibly afford him, they are completely stacked with players who are also going to need upgrades and yet they can afford what would be decent cash to play him on the wing??

Makes no sense.

Reactions: bruce
I don't think he's looking to leave union after one season. The narrative seems to be because he's not getting game time. NRL players in the past have knocked back union as if they didn't make the international side there wasn't as much football. That was from an Aussie player and they have less domestic rugby than we do. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would of known there may have been some down time between Super Rugby and NPC if he wasn't selected. Or if he was selected he'd likely be eased into the internationals off the bench.

The discussions the last week imply he could be unhappy not playing and is frustrated. To me the frustration would be if he wasn't getting much communication from the selectors on where he needs to improve. I can't see that being the case.

Something has obviously happened to generate the talk. It may have been something as simple as one club inquiring.

On his post about not moving on. It's the right thing to do to try and stop the rumours. To be honest I don't put a lot of stock into those as we got those with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck before he left the Warriors, Walsh all year. A lot of players leaving end up denying first. A bit of a catch 22 they need to stop it when it is incorrect but they deny it while the move is being organised.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I know people will find this disagreeable, but i for one am glad hes not returning to the warriors. As a man i have total respect for him. As a player i think there are others who can fill that slot. As a captain he had his shot. I dont see what people think he would bring to the team if he were ever to return.
But either way a 31 year old player in 2024, having played rugby for the most recent years doesnt excite me as a new hire for the warriors.
IMO his mighty work ethic might be better as a part of the coaching team.