Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
I went to a rugby lunch today where Grant Fox (All Blacks’ selector) was speaking. He said that they were excited about one player next year at #12 (second five). His name - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Not a guarantee to play, by any means. Plenty of time to prove himself at regional level. But great to know that the selectors can see what we’ve been lucky enough to have play for our club for so long

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013
To have a Haka perform in front of you for you is a feeling well out of this world and it is meant for respect.

I am European but in my younger days, I spent 7 years learning Te Reo Maori. Learning it, and living it. Total emersion. The first 3 years were at a TOPs course in Christchurch. The last four years were at the Waikato Polytech.
This was in the 90's when it was big in those days. Still in. But I was around it, and to learn Te Reo Maori like that was a priveledge. Well that's what I think anyway.

My 21st was in Christchurch and the Maori course that I was in was invited to my 21st birthday celebrations. That was a massive night for me. I started out getting drunk in the afternoon.

Two things that make you get sober fast when returning back home to the night festivities.

One was being put right beside where your mother was supposed to be if she hadn't died from cancer when I was 9 years old.

The other was my Maori course doing a special Haka for me with every one of my mates performing it. So emotional.

I was honoured, and will never forget that night. Still felt special to receive a haka like that. I've performed several myself over the years but as a Pakeha Kiwi it was all the more honourable. That's my take.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I went to a rugby lunch today where Grant Fox (All Blacks’ selector) was speaking. He said that they were excited about one player next year at #12 (second five). His name - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Not a guarantee to play, by any means. Plenty of time to prove himself at regional level. But great to know that the selectors can see what we’ve been lucky enough to have play for our club for so long
Who?

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

Sugar Ray

Warriors Bench Player
Sep 17, 2013

I've also heard about Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being seen as a 12. The Blues don't have TJ Faiane at 12 anymore, so there is a gap in their backline for next season.

Auckland assistant said that they plan to ease him in for the NPC this year, so he'll be playing right wing.

He said Roger got tackled in training and got up to play the ball under his legs 😅

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
The All Black careers of Wing/Fullbacks tend to end at 28 rather than start so the midfield is a more realistic route to regular international rugby for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. I think he'll be gifted a debut on the Wing against the USA later this year but will struggle to lock in a starting spot when important matches roll around. I could well be wrong but I think he'll either be back in the NRL or playing Union in Japan come 2024

Last edited:

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
And rugby in NZ, like all sports were in lockdown last weekend and as far as I can see Auckland don’t play BOP this season
Auckland v the mighty BOP was supposed to be last weekend until lockdown hit.

And Roger was in line to make his debut that match.

Go the Hori Bops

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A reflection of the times we live in. Roger makes a decision to leave the Warriors early as the Warriors won't be back in New Zealand until quite late in the year, disrupting his transition to union.

He returns to NZ and we get hit with an outbreak and all sport is shut down.

Shows how things are at the moment. You make a decison to return to NZ as you won't be in a bubble and you can prepare and play like before covid. You get close to playing at you can't play at all. If he stayed with the Warriors he'd still be playing but the return time is something they likely can't change.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A strange end to his time with the Warriors with the club being stuck in Australia for two years and leaving early to get home while the borders were open.

If he stayed he would of got to play out the season. But would of been stuck in Australia now waiting for MIQ slots for himself and his family.

Came home to avoid covid and get a head start on his transition to union. Got a lot of training in but know he's playing for one of the 3 clubs locked out of the competition.

Unless things change we could be waiting a while to see his first game (might end up a untelevised trial) or how he goes in union.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
A strange end to his time with the Warriors with the club being stuck in Australia for two years and leaving early to get home while the borders were open.

If he stayed he would of got to play out the season. But would of been stuck in Australia now waiting for MIQ slots for himself and his family.

Came home to avoid covid and get a head start on his transition to union. Got a lot of training in but know he's playing for one of the 3 clubs locked out of the competition.

Unless things change we could be waiting a while to see his first game (might end up a untelevised trial) or how he goes in union.
Haven’t Auckland, Counties and North Harbour had to pull out of the NPC?
Be a tough ask for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to go straight into super Rugby

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Hypothetically, do you think if he played any of the last 7 games we would have scraped into the finals?

He is a massive defensive upgrade over Walsh, and we probably would have been ahead comfortably against the Broncos.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings