Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Roger is a better athlete, but Jonesey is a once in a generation player
Yeah I don't sit down to Warriors games and have RTS in the forefront of my confidence in the result like those who saw Jones in his prime did.

Not even Johnson gave you that confidence that he might find a way to win any game by inspiring the others to do the impossible.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Roger is already up there as one of the best buys in Warriors history for my money. He's absolutely been at the forefront of the culture change at the club.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Totally agree on Stacey. And, Even though he left us the way he did. My personal opinion is that Sj is the most gifted athlete we've ever produced.
Yep, no one can move like SJ did, Benji and Ben Barba were the same kinds of runners in their prime but we've all seen that video of SJ playing touch, and if anything he held back the full arsenal in RL as far as what he was capable of making his body do . . .things no one had ever seen before.

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Yep, no one can move like SJ did, Benji and Ben Barba were the same kinds of runners in their prime but we've all seen that video of SJ playing touch, and if anything he held back the full arsenal in RL as far as what he was capable of making his body do . . .things no one had ever seen before.
He is the most naturally talented player in either code I have seen. I remember Brian Williams in South Africa in 1970, Stacey Jones, Dan Carter, Bruce Robertson, Reuben Wiki, Beauden Barrett, Manu Vatuvei and the incomparable Michael Jones to name a few.

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
He is the most naturally talented player in either code I have seen. I remember Brian Williams in South Africa in 1970, Stacey Jones, Dan Carter, Bruce Robertson, Reuben Wiki, Beauden Barrett, Manu Vatuvei and the incomparable Michael Jones to name a few.
How can you leave Christian Cullen out of that list? Never seen a more natural runner making pros look foolish

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
How can you leave Christian Cullen out of that list? Never seen a more natural runner making pros look foolish
I always loved watching Cullen and Lockyer playing at fullback when I was young.

Something special about that position and I'm glad we have RTS there holding it down for us.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Just been reading RTS’s stats and found it interesting comparing the 2018 Daly M year and the prior year:

Tries 2018: 3 2017: 10

Averages per game:
Run meters 2018: 178m 2017: 181m
Tackle breaks 2018: 0.6 2017: 0.7
Tackle success 2018: 62% 2017: 67%

As remarkable as 2018 was, stat wise he was actually better in 2017. Guess Daly M wise, it pays to be in a successful team

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Notice he smiled before kick off.

kiss of death Roger, a relaxed Warriors side has never won a game.

Be watching you this week man, practise your scowling mate or dont get off the bus.

Reaction score
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Guess Daly M wise, it pays to be in a successful team
It pays to be the stand-out in an average team. Kind of like how Leilua got centre of the year over the likes of L. Mitchell, because competition for points in the roosters side was much hotter.

Reaction score
Lance155

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Be watching you this week man, practise your scowling mate or dont get off the bus.
I agree they did very relaxed which changed my confidence to a sick feeling during build up

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I know that when the team is losing it's healthy to rip the living shit out of them. :)

But fuck me Sheck is a machine. He's worth ever penny he's getting paid, and some.

Fronting the media, captaining the team, being the only guy who gives a shit 24/7. And he's our only game breaker. (fingers crossed KN works out)...

The rest of the team need to learn that you don't get paid for your effort. That's dirt cheap. Anyone can put in the effort of a professional footy player. You only get paid for how much joy you bring the fans. And RTS is the only guy in the team who consistanly makes me feel good about being a warriors supporter atm.

Long may he continue!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
The rest of the team need to learn that you don't get paid for your effort.
Try telling that to Isaac Luke. :rolleyes:

I say bullshit, total bullshit. RTS is smiling because he has done his preparation and is ready to go. Not his fault the rest left their mojo in the sheds.

I was watching the womens cricket over summer, India V NZ, heyzeuss spare me talk about attitude, all those girls have it in spades.

Anyway back to the smiling, their top batswoman, Smrti Mandahna , who was hitting the ball off all lengths and to every part of the ground, was smiling as she got ready for the next ball, grinning from ear to ear.

Same in golf with Matt Kuchar, grins from ear to ear permanently but is an A grade arsehole. Just saying like.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Try telling that to Isaac Luke. :rolleyes:

I say bullshit, total bullshit. RTS is smiling because he has done his preparation and is ready to go. Not his fault the rest left their mojo in the sheds.

I was watching the womens cricket over summer, India V NZ, heyzeuss spare me talk about attitude, all those girls have it in spades.

Anyway back to the smiling, their top batswoman, Smrti Mandahna , who was hitting the ball off all lengths and to every part of the ground, was smiling as she got ready for the next ball, grinning from ear to ear.

Same in golf with Matt Kuchar, grins from ear to ear permanently but is an A grade arsehole. Just saying like.
Manny Pacquiao was an oddity in boxing for grinning all the way from the changing rooms to the ring.

Nothing in a smile. Nothing to read so much into anyway.

Imagine RTS in the Storm team. He would win Dally M every damn year. How awesome would our team be if the rest of the team aimed up to his standard. He's a brilliant player but his preparation is absolutely world class...

Reaction score
blue bells

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
On a side note...anyone else noticed how his supporting runs have almost completely dissappeared? Its kind of sad when you see guys like Tedesco and Charnze running next to the ball carrier almost every play in hopes of a offload..

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
On a side note...anyone else noticed how his supporting runs have almost completely dissappeared? Its kind of sad when you see guys like Tedesco and Charnze running next to the ball carrier almost every play in hopes of a offload..
May be our disrupted selections are affecting communication within the team. Chasing a line break is a split second reaction thing.

Reaction score
blue bells

blue bells

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
May be our disrupted selections are affecting communication within the team. Chasing a line break is a split second reaction thing.
Maybe but i think its crucial for him to bring that aspect back into his game if he wants to keep evolving as a player and snatch dally m for the second year running...lol

Top Bottom