Recruitment Roger Tuivasa-Sheck Signing & Sam Tomkins Release Discussion

If there were -1, -2 and -3 for the worst players in each game Sandow would be below zero, even taking into account the points he is on now.
Has more terrible games than good games.

How big is the round 13 Warrior fan party going to be when Shrek is definitely here. Funny they chose 13 to be the week. Sick sense of humour to pull the unluckly number.

Been one of the most exciting players to watch this season but doesnt feature in the Dally M top 10. Chris Sandow does though. How is that even possible???

Because the Dally M is one of the most ridiculously poorly adjudicated trophies in sport. It encourages inconsistent players. You can have 3 terrible matches, and then 15 good minutes and you get 3 points. Do that throughout the season and you'll be right up there. But, if you have a really good team with lots of performers, you can be consistently great and get no reward. It should be a point system where every player is rated out of 10.

Reactions: Defence

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I've heard the cut off is 5pm AEDST Wednesday afternoon after Rd13, in other words, exactly 6days from right now......

That Roosters froum was a bit of a laugh; grasping at a straws. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck did the right thing he should be deflecting all talk of the Warriors and concentrating on his football. If one of our players signed with another club we'd prefer he not talk about his new club all year.

Every year when a player signs with another club. Their fans complain that he won't concentrate or put in for the rest of the year. Every year the player try's to get the media to stop asking about next season as they have a game to play this weekend and need to concentrate on finishing up the season. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is saying what every other players say every season.

His stats show he is concentrating on his football and shows he's a pro.

The only back flips he will be doing are the one gymnasts get scored for or kids do on their trampoline.

Reactions: jsmooove
A bit disappointing none of our players made the team of the year so far.
https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/team-of-the-year-so-far-17706/

The fullback and player of the year justify our signing of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck even with some of the comments from people like Phil Gould saying it's a waste of money for how little fullback he's played.

Also love this comment in the comments section.

Really sucks that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is leaving the Roosters guess some could say it’s a taste of their own medicine but I can’t think of anyone in recent memory that the Roosters have done this to, really they have only picked up unwanted players who weren’t getting game time.

Eerrrrr James Maloney? We wanted to keep him and ok he wanted to go back and also wanted an upgrade but we still wanted to keep him.

The fullback and player of the year justify our signing of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck even with some of the comments from people like Phil Gould saying it's a waste of money for how little fullback he's played.

Really sucks that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is leaving the Roosters guess some could say it’s a taste of their own medicine but I can’t think of anyone in recent memory that the Roosters have done this to, really they have only picked up unwanted players who weren’t getting game time.

Eerrrrr James Maloney? We wanted to keep him and ok he wanted to go back and also wanted an upgrade but we still wanted to keep him.
Its funny isn't it. Not long after signing the rising winger Burgess, they were as excited as can be after Wigan put so much time and money into developing him, Now they feel like the world is out to get them when we buy Roger Tuivasa-Sheck after they put so much time and money into developing him :D :D

They have DCE and no Thurston. Weird

I've heard the cut off is 5pm AEDST Wednesday afternoon after Rd13, in other words, exactly 6days from right now......

"Previously NRL players who had signed with a different club mid-season were given until June 30 to change their minds but that rule has since changed to Round 13 – giving players until June 8 to renege on their deals."

https://m.nrl.com/parker-cold-on-cooling-off-period/tabid/10874/newsid/85591/default.aspx

That would make it the Monday 8th June if nrl.com is correct (I would assume it is but who knows....), so hopefully come the end of Monday it is all finally signed sealed delivered and registered!

Someone on the Facebook page posted that Matty Johns reporting that Tui will be FB next year.

Either:

1) Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to 5/8

2) Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to backflip

or

3) (And most likely) Johns and his reporters are talking nonsense once again.

Johns had just gotten swept up in giving Tui a wrap. He said "This bloke his be great at fullback when Tomkins is gone."

I wouldn't read anything into it other than Johns had forgotten about us signing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Fazz is correct. Johns made a quick comment last night on Lolohea being a good replacement for Tomkins then Alexander corrected him and mentioned Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. This turned to a quick discussion on how are the Warriors going to fit them all in and they will be hard to contain with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Johnson and Luke.

The Facebook posts would probably be based off those comments from the show last night. I know I pretty much repeated what Fazz said but those two underlined comments are good for us Warriors fans.:D

Can't wait for next Wednesday close of business; just wish to complicate things it was the time zone of the club you've signed with. That would reduce it by 2 hours.

Fazz is correct. Johns made a quick comment last night on Lolohea being a good replacement for Tomkins then Alexander corrected him and mentioned Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. This turned to a quick discussion on how are the Warriors going to fit them all in and they will be hard to contain with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Johnson and Luke.

The Facebook posts would probably be based off those comments from the show last night. I know I pretty much repeated what Fazz said but those two underlined comments are good for us Warriors fans.:D

Can't wait for next Wednesday close of business; just wish to complicate things it was the time zone of the club you've signed with. That would reduce it by 2 hours.

Me thinks the only back flipping Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will be doing will be channeling his inner Nathan Blacklock when he sets a single season try scoring record for the Warriors

• Haha
Reactions: Richie and snake77