General Returning to Mt Smart

john nick

john nick

Dave's got to be better than the Village People. Who would you rather see john, Black Sabbath? I reckon they should have got Bob Dylan, kids these days love a bit of Bob Dylan.
Let's dig up Elvis and while we need a coach dig up Jack Gibson 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

I hope the weather is kind to you all on game day.
i wonder if they have advanced on their coach quest, apart from the game and music on game day, would they possibly announce and introduce the new coach?
Only if it's STAAAAAAYYYYCCEEEEEEEEYYYYYY JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNEEEESSS as Nik would probably announce it.

They'll probably announce the new coach after the NRL have released the 2023 schedule, so mid-November. And nothing indifferent (not to damn any assistant coaches before their NRL bow/first permanent NRL gig if it is The Elder of The SJs) would surprise me.

I wouldn't trust the Warriors brain-stem trust to sit the right way 'round on a lavatory seat, as Rowan Atkinson might have said.

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Theres a young act playing half time. Muroki - he is on track to be a big star.
LAB and six60 would charge too much money to play
Yeah I know Muroki. Nice kid. Lots of great young artists in the Coromandel.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
The club has released the last 500 tickets for general admission to the northern bank and they'll be available until 5.00PM tomorrow (unless they're sold out before then). They're saying, outside the exceptional debut campaign in 1995, it’s the fastest selling-match in the club’s history, the first time a match has sold out so far in advance of game day and only the fourth instance of the stadium being at capacity for a regular season fixture.
Heyzeuss, unless this side improves it could be a massive Wigan walk, I remember that back in 1996, especially during the St George game. Brutal.

Reactions: 1 user
Blackdot

Blackdot

At half time many people are either taking a piss or stocking up on it.
It’s been interesting to see the half time smoking corners get smaller and smaller each year. I’m an ex-smoker now, glad to have an extra 10 minutes available at half time.

Reactions: 2 users
Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Your username suggests you're an 80s child like me. So I think you're joshing. The 80s has more classic artists and songs than any other. Facts. But that's for another thread 😁
Lol nah the 75 comes from somewhere else.

I am an 80s child though. Born in September 89.. so I know what I'm talking about mate

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
WA supporter

WA supporter

Contributor
Heyzeuss, unless this side improves it could be a massive Wigan walk, I remember that back in 1996, especially during the St George game. Brutal.
Thanks for reminding of what that young backer,G Tallis did to us that afternoon if i remember rightly🤔

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Tragic

Tragic

Thanks for the update.

My son has gone league mad recently after I gave him and his brother a Warriors jersey at the start of the year. It's got to the point now I need to ask for approval to delete the games of my Sky box and instead of watching cartoons in the morning they are watching league games.

He's been asking about going to a game. I thought the homecoming games were sold out so had told him he'd need to wait for next year.
Did you manage to get tickets?

zaggo

zaggo

I follow a bunch of the guys on Instagram and it's surreal seeing them all posting photos from Auckland - suddenly feels a lot more real that they're actually back, and that the homecoming is actually happening.

Loved the Kiwis on the weekend but this is going to be something else.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Man we all know how this is going to play out yeah?
Team on a downward slide, historic moment, against one of the worst teams in the comp 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

Did you manage to get tickets?
No. To be honest I didn't really look into it as I've been busy and struck with covid. I saw at one stage it was just the Northern hill open but wasn't too keen on sitting on the bank with kids.

I might look at one of the other games.

Now that they are back home hopefully my niece will start working the games again. I can then play the come and pick up your lazy uncle and little cousins cause you have allocated parking card.

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Disregard that last statement. That was ‘95
Yes it was 1995, I just checked, I thought it was 1996.

I spoke to the St George assistant coach years later and he said it was the most simple game plan ever...run Tallis at Stacey Jones...all day.

If anything that game showed me what a muppet John Monie was, the supposed super coach, who still is the best performed Warriors coach :rolleyes: .

Monie didn't do his homework, Tallis was still relatively unknown.

Our pommie forwards e.g. Dennis Betts were useless on defense. They should have been covering Tallis and given hm a serve. Any other side would have done that.

Now I am not knocking Pommie forwards, just the muppets we had then.

EastStandDiehard

A good event on match day for members, believe this venue is now in the area where the big tent for concerts etc was.

Members are also invited to the captains run on Saturday morning at the stadium.

Member News
Join us at Lilyworld for an exclusive member's catch-up

After three long years apart, we are holding an exclusive member event at Mt Smart Stadium's Lilyworld venue from 12.30pm to 2.30pm on Sunday 3 July.

This will be a chance for all season members to reconnect with each other before the long-awaited Homecoming Series gets underway.

To access this event, you must enter through Gate E, 52 Maurice Road from 12.30pm, with access granted by presenting your 2022 membership card at the gate.

Click HERE for more information and directions to Lilyworld.

The membership team will be at Lilyworld if you would like to collect your membership hat prior to the game and we will have a few special prizes to give out.

Thanks to our friends at Vodafone New Zealand, we also will be handing out a limited number of Vodafone Warriors gameday flags at Lilyworld.

These will be available on a first-come first-served basis, so come early to make sure you get your hands on one of these before they are all gone.

From 2.30pm, Lilyworld will be open to the public with live entertainment provided by the ACC Mad Monday Podcast team who will be recording their pre-game podcast from the venue.

Members will also receive a discount on food and beverage purchases at Lilyworld.

We look forward to seeing everyone back Home.

• Love
Blackdot

Blackdot

Good to see the Pōwhiri occur to welcome the team back. Many new players and staff. Also good to see some of the club icons invited, The Mad Butcher, Awen Guttenbeil etc. Making these connections are important as we build our home base back up.

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2022...zGLuhkoPutCrcHNF58_ThD1jr0adhicyVQjzNf8GO-UBg
I love Curran more every time I see him. Him rubbing his hands together, as he was getting off the bus, was so cute. You can feel his excitement, I reckon he’s gonna have the game of his career playing back here.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
A good event on match day for members, believe this venue is now in the area where the big tent for concerts etc was.

Members are also invited to the captains run on Saturday morning at the stadium.

Member News
Join us at Lilyworld for an exclusive member's catch-up

After three long years apart, we are holding an exclusive member event at Mt Smart Stadium's Lilyworld venue from 12.30pm to 2.30pm on Sunday 3 July.

This will be a chance for all season members to reconnect with each other before the long-awaited Homecoming Series gets underway.

To access this event, you must enter through Gate E, 52 Maurice Road from 12.30pm, with access granted by presenting your 2022 membership card at the gate.

Click HERE for more information and directions to Lilyworld.

The membership team will be at Lilyworld if you would like to collect your membership hat prior to the game and we will have a few special prizes to give out.

Thanks to our friends at Vodafone New Zealand, we also will be handing out a limited number of Vodafone Warriors gameday flags at Lilyworld.

These will be available on a first-come first-served basis, so come early to make sure you get your hands on one of these before they are all gone.

From 2.30pm, Lilyworld will be open to the public with live entertainment provided by the ACC Mad Monday Podcast team who will be recording their pre-game podcast from the venue.

Members will also receive a discount on food and beverage purchases at Lilyworld.

We look forward to seeing everyone back Home.
The ACC guys are good fun !!!!
The bus from the Zookeepers Son to the stadium doesn’t appear to be in action.