General Returning to Mt Smart

Horriors2013

Horriors2013

Toto-Africa is the only good song from the 80s
Your username suggests you're an 80s child like me. So I think you're joshing. The 80s has more classic artists and songs than any other. Facts. But that's for another thread 😁

Reactions: 2 users
Horriors2013

Horriors2013

If I want to listen to DD I can stay home and listen without going through the agony of being at MSS watching my team copping it up the arse.
Must admit I'd prefer a younger group. The old farts just don't have it any more. 660? LAB? Hell even Jordan Luck would be better.

Reactions: 1 user

Juju

Must admit I'd prefer a younger group. The old farts just don't have it any more. 660? LAB? Hell even Jordan Luck would be better.
Theres a young act playing half time. Muroki - he is on track to be a big star.
LAB and six60 would charge too much money to play

Blackdot

Blackdot

Theres a young act playing half time. Muroki - he is on track to be a big star.
LAB and six60 would charge too much money to play
Oh that's cool, I saw him randomly at a small gig on K Rd and he was great. Still a bit of a surprising choice for a half time show, being an unknown small musician, but he has great vibes and knows how to get a crowd going.

Juju

Oh that's cool, I saw him randomly at a small gig on K Rd and he was great. Still a bit of a surprising choice for a half time show, being an unknown small musician, but he has great vibes and knows how to get a crowd going.
Half time is tricky cause everybody will be getting a beer and taking a piss!

About 10 years ago the club tried having Fat Freddies play a show in the supertop which was free entry - it was surprisingly poorly attended.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Jay M

Jay M

I saw him at a festival in May. He was really good.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Just checking. Is that because he sang it for the America's Cup then Butterworth and Coutts pissdd off overseas and whipped NZ? 🤣😂😆
No, it wasn't abut them. I do recall the real story, and it wasn't abut Coutts. I heard Dave explain the story at one of his concerts. Just gotta say he is one of the best live acts I have ever seen. He is very eccentric, but who cares.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
us originals will remember when the club blew millions on the pregame entertainment...they even got the Village People FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Miket12

Miket12

us originals will remember when the club blew millions on the pregame entertainment...they even got the Village People FFS.
In '95, they decided to blow up a car on the field as part of the entertainment at a Bulldogs game (can't remember if it was pre-game or at halftime). They thought they would be okay as they'd removed all the glass. Problem was the metal splinters that went flying everywhere and had to be dug out of the players with tweezers after the game.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
In '95, they decided to blow up a car on the field as part of the entertainment at a Bulldogs game (can't remember if it was pre-game or at halftime). They thought they would be okay as they'd removed all the glass. Problem was the metal splinters that went flying everywhere and had to be dug out of the players with tweezers after the game.
I remember that. Heyzeuss Ian Robson made Cam George look like a genius.

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
I give Cam a hard time, he has earned it, but getting Dave Dobbyn along is a very good idea in my book.

Miket12

Miket12

The club has released the last 500 tickets for general admission to the northern bank and they'll be available until 5.00PM tomorrow (unless they're sold out before then). They're saying, outside the exceptional debut campaign in 1995, it’s the fastest selling-match in the club’s history, the first time a match has sold out so far in advance of game day and only the fourth instance of the stadium being at capacity for a regular season fixture.

Reactions: 4 users

PNG Kiwi

I hope the weather is kind to you all on game day.
i wonder if they have advanced on their coach quest, apart from the game and music on game day, would they possibly announce and introduce the new coach?

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Really. Not my idea of a great drawcard but everyone to their own
Dave's got to be better than the Village People. Who would you rather see john, Black Sabbath? I reckon they should have got Bob Dylan, kids these days love a bit of Bob Dylan.