General Returning to Mt Smart

danyooll

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 17, 2014
I cop a lot of flak (mostly banter) for being a Warrior fan from my close mates who are Bulldogs fans 🧐They ask why I would support the warriors, an overseas team, when I have lived in Sydney pretty much my entire life.

Except I was born in New Zealand and my family moved over to Sydney when I was still a toddler. Have never got the chance to visit NZ since. It is one of my dreams to experience a packed out Mt Smart live and in person. I hope it happens this year!

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I am hoping the Warriors have a time frame in mind to resolve this issue.

I would prefer that they dump and move on in the off season.

The thought of a New Zealand Warriors player being a poster boy for the Antivaxx movement in this country is untenable.

Especially given the ethnic issues entangled in these role models of their communities.

They better resolve it before the issue gets air time in season.

Kick his ass.

Fuck him. No exceptions.
well he cant fly back into NZ unless hes vaccinated, so he would have to void his contract and stay in Aus

Reactions: J_P and Sup42

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
I cop a lot of flak (mostly banter) for being a Warrior fan from my close mates who are Bulldogs fans 🧐They ask why I would support the warriors, an overseas team, when I have lived in Sydney pretty much my entire life.

Except I was born in New Zealand and my family moved over to Sydney when I was still a toddler. Have never got the chance to visit NZ since. It is one of my dreams to experience a packed out Mt Smart live and in person. I hope it happens this year!
its omething special. better when they win. But even me and the mrs have been wondering about coming back for the game.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
I am hoping the Warriors have a time frame in mind to resolve this issue.

I would prefer that they dump and move on in the off season.

The thought of a New Zealand Warriors player being a poster boy for the Antivaxx movement in this country is untenable.

Especially given the ethnic issues entangled in these role models of their communities.

They better resolve it before the issue gets air time in season.

Kick his ass.

Fuck him. No exceptions.
Didn't Addin (since he's the player who's being mentioned) have issues when he was with the Sea Eagles with masks, etc?

Whoever the Warriors player is, it has to be sorted pronto. Release and upgrade another player or release and sign another player, whichever...

I suspect the NRL haven't mandated vaxxing for the same reason they're very reluctant to bring in a draft - the risk of court action which they'd have to fund. By "letting each club decide for itself", they're letting each club risk court action which the NRL wouldn't have to fund.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Didn't Addin (since he's the player who's being mentioned) have issues when he was with the Sea Eagles with masks, etc?

Whoever the Warriors player is, it has to be sorted pronto. Release and upgrade another player or release and sign another player, whichever...

I suspect the NRL haven't mandated vaxxing for the same reason they're very reluctant to bring in a draft - the risk of court action which they'd have to fund. By "letting each club decide for itself", they're letting each club risk court action which the NRL wouldn't have to fund.
He was shown on NRL360 at the start of 2020 when covid starting being discussed. He was at training wearing a mask the discussion was he believed he was doing everything he could to look after his health and make it on the field so his pay shouldn't be cut.

I can't recall if he was one of the players in the past mentioned about not being keen on vaccines after a previous issue. That has been discussed with Josh Papalii.

Addin Fonua-Blake has been speculated due to the incident before covid really hit. It's picked up recently due to a post his wife made.

A lot of players who weren't too concerned at the start of 2020 have probably changed their mind after the competition being stopped, pay cuts, endless covid protocols, competition being relocated. I was hoping Addin Fonua-Blake would of fallen into that category especially being at a club essentially away from home for 3 years. The post from his wife is a bit concerning. Hopefully it all gets worked out.

Reactions: bruce and john nick

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
Knights, Bunnies, Eels all fully vaxxed.
Abdo says 24 players are unvaccinated
1. Asofa-Solomona
2. Dylan Walker? As he was the photo on the article.

Potentially 22 other players across 11-13 teams.

Reactions: bruce

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
i thought the same thing was going to happen when they talked about the Russian Federation, and the Canadians, and the Yanks....
Why do i suspect its a feel good piece that will see no results
Yeah, I’m an bit of an old timer and remember when they said the same thing about New Zealanders, Fijians, Samoans and Tongans ….

Will never happen.

too lazy, will get home sick, not as fit as Aussies, don’t understand RL , too slow, too fat …

nek minit !!!

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
We'll only have that happen if a group of young Asian boys called Ken Yan become NRL players...

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Yeah, I’m an bit of an old timer and remember when they said the same thing about New Zealanders, Fijians, Samoans and Tongans ….

Will never happen.

too lazy, will get home sick, not as fit as Aussies, don’t understand RL , too slow, too fat …

nek minit !!!
But kiwis and island boys were already playing the game in NZ to a high level, competing against the Aussies at world events. Not sure i ever remember a game against Kenya? You cant just put athletes into sports they dont have a foundation in and expect them to be competitive at High level or more importantly international level. One or two exceptions aside, for most this will not work out. Shame imo. As i would love to see a true international game. Not this farce we currently have.

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
Well we know who that is..
At least it's only him

20211113_201330.jpg

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating