General Returning to Mt Smart

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
And then they get atrocious ref’s calls throughout the game, lose to a 79 minute drop goal following 3 six agains in a row - fuck I sure hope it is a dream.
Sounds like a nightmare !

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Can safely assume Addin Fonua-Blake is not vaxxed with his wife proudly posting this.

Screenshot_20211108-234242_Gallery.jpg

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Yea surely there's no one that dumb

View attachment 45607
Tai Webster - quits the breakers because there’s no way he’s getting the vaccine.

2 months later, after realising he can’t afford a new X-box, he’s vaccinated and playing again overseas 🤣

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
As we have discussed over the years loyalty goes both ways. Players staying with the same club or chasing money, clubs/coaches can decide they have had enough with players and release them before their contracts are up.

A bit of a loyalty test coming up with our side.

I know some individuals may have issues with vaccines but with all the club has been through being on the road for 3 years, crippled financially, supporters not getting to see the side, players and staff away from families. You would hope two vaccinations wouldn't be too much to ask.

If they are worried of the side affects or have seen it first hand its understandable but these vaccinations have probably had more uptake then any other.

As the NRL haven't mandated vaccinations if we lose a player(s) because international travel would be too hard and a Sydney club can provide them with game time and barely any travel if they work around the games that would be a problem. It would be a real kick in the guts.

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
Looking at the 2022 draw .. planning to play at Mt Smart in July v Panthers plus another 4 home games ... By then both countries would of got their vax targets and borders would of been open for a while..
Yeah real ridiculous in my opinion mate. With no desire from Abdo in the press conference to shift any if the earlier scheduled games of borders etc are fine.
I am really interested to see how they explain it if the Breakers, Phoenix and Super Rugby are going back and forth in March.

“no no the warriors can’t do that” you Warriors need to wait till after the breakers have played 14 games in NZ, the Phoenix have played 8 games in NZ and Super Rugby is nearly finished.

(obviously if all that happens, at least they hope and plan to)

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Unvaxxed players will not be able to set foot on some stadiums next season (QLD and VIC atleast).

NRL ruling out mandating the vaccine like other codes may come back to haunt it. Can understand everyone has a choice to make for their own personal health - but the NRL also needs to make a decision on what is best for it. Expecting this to be a big issue during the offseason and in the leadup to 2022.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s calves" data-source="post: 956488" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
The NRL decides to make us verse the hardest team for the return game. What a way to thank us fans that haven’t seen a home game for the last 3 years. Bullshit

Or the chance to grown an extra leg and put on a show. I'd be pretty excited to see the best players come to Auckland for the first game back for a while.

It would be a waste to use up the extra benefits of a home game against a lesser team. I was pretty disappointed when this years home game was to be the Bulldogs.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
Unvaxxed players will not be able to set foot on some stadiums next season (QLD and VIC atleast).

NRL ruling out mandating the vaccine like other codes may come back to haunt it. Can understand everyone has a choice to make for their own personal health - but the NRL also needs to make a decision on what is best for it. Expecting this to be a big issue during the offseason and in the leadup to 2022.
I guess the NRL is not mandating it strategically

From a HR point of view I think the position is stronger where the requirement is externally imposed (govt, airlines) than internally

the outcome will be the same

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012

its really simple atm, if the team wants to do any air travel, they have to be vaccinated, even inside the country. whos going to pay a player to sit at home and miss away games

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
Players won’t want to lose their contracts at the end of the day. Not all of them are transferable to French rugby Union! Or be able to board the plane to get there in the first place.

Reactions: gREVUS

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Can safely assume Addin Fonua-Blake is not vaxxed with his wife proudly posting this.

View attachment 45726

I am hoping the Warriors have a time frame in mind to resolve this issue.

I would prefer that they dump and move on in the off season.

The thought of a New Zealand Warriors player being a poster boy for the Antivaxx movement in this country is untenable.

Especially given the ethnic issues entangled in these role models of their communities.

They better resolve it before the issue gets air time in season.

Kick his ass.

Fuck him. No exceptions.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Tai Webster - quits the breakers because there’s no way he’s getting the vaccine.

2 months later, after realising he can’t afford a new X-box, he’s vaccinated and playing again overseas 🤣

Good outcome for Webster, when he gets Covid and is fine I wonder if he will pause to thank the Breakers for potentially saving his life...probably not....

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
I am hoping the Warriors have a time frame in mind to resolve this issue.

I would prefer that they dump and move on in the off season.

The thought of a New Zealand Warriors player being a poster boy for the Antivaxx movement in this country is untenable.

Especially given the ethnic issues entangled in these role models of their communities.

They better resolve it before the issue gets air time in season.

Kick his ass.

Fuck him. No exceptions.
Warriors management need to sit down and have a 1 on chat with him soon about the realistic outcome if he does decide to stay unvaccinated. No more nrl career or if he's lucky at the best another team may sign him for minimum wage to use in their home games which is still very unlikely. No traveling to NZ which was his original reason for signing with us. At least then the warriors can make up their mind and plan for the future.
The NRL better stump up the cash and not count it against teams salary caps or maybe even their top 30 positions if teams are expected to retain these players.

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings