General Returning to Mt Smart

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
If we look at the 21 on todays game list.
The only NZ based players are
Hiku-going to NQ anyway.
CHT
Eliesa Katoa presume he has Auckand family?
Jazz Tevaga
Adam Pompey
Edward Kosi

Bunty Afoa off list injured

Thats excluding the fringe players who play for Redcliffe etc.

Its a rdiculously small list of NZ players for a team called the NZ Warriors.

Its starting to grate on me a bit -the fact that this team is what 70 per cent Aussie players.

Will this or is this team starting to lose its connection with NZ based NZ warriors fans?
To be honest, this might sound awful but I really don't care. I don't care if the players are from NZ, Aussie, England or f'n Swaziland for all I care, if they are the best possible players and they win, I'll be a happy supporter.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
If we look at the 21 on todays game list.
The only NZ based players are
Hiku-going to NQ anyway.
CHT
Eliesa Katoa presume he has Auckand family?
Jazz Tevaga
Adam Pompey
Edward Kosi

Bunty Afoa off list injured

Thats excluding the fringe players who play for Redcliffe etc.

Its a rdiculously small list of NZ players for a team called the NZ Warriors.

Its starting to grate on me a bit -the fact that this team is what 70 per cent Aussie players.

Will this or is this team starting to lose its connection with NZ based NZ warriors fans?
The question is how many crazy feckers like us exist, who wear their own sox?

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
To be honest, this might sound awful but I really don't care. I don't care if the players are from NZ, Aussie, England or f'n Swaziland for all I care, if they are the best possible players and they win, I'll be a happy supporter.
There are still now hundreds of Kiwis in the NRL

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
Perhaps someone could post a ficticious Warriors side one to seventeen with the best Kiwi players playing in the NRL.
I forgot Ben Murdoch-Masila in my earlier post guess he has Auckland based family and the young back up hooker too.

Reactions: bruce

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

The best possible alternative: Warriors reveal new home for 2022 season​

The Brisbane suburb of Redcliffe will be the Warriors base in 2022.

It means the club will spend a third season away from Auckland, though they hope to play a number of 'hit and run' games at Mt Smart.

As first reported by the Herald two weeks ago, the home of the Redcliffe Dolphins in the Queensland capital was the club's preferred choice for next season and the NRL have given the green light.

A return to New Zealand was seen as impossible, given the ongoing border situation and the fact that the Warriors are currently stuck in Australia, unable to secure MIQ spots to come home.

Of all the possible Australian alternatives, Redcliffe, shone like a beacon.

The Warriors already have a relationship with the Queensland Cup team, with their reserve grade players turning out for the Dolphins in 2020 and 2021.

The 11,000 capacity stadium is a perfect size and an ideal venue, having hosted five NRL games this season, including the Warriors clash with the Bulldogs.

The Warriors will also hope to engage a sizeable expatriate population in Brisbane.

Most importantly, Redcliffe offers a permanent structure, after two years of using temporary facilities on the Central coast.

It also means the NRL team can prepare together for pre-season, after having split camps in Auckland and southern New South Wales last year.

The club will be based at Redcliffe for the entire season, unlike this year where they only committed to their Australian base for the first third of the campaign, in the hope they could return home.

But the Warriors are hopeful their local fans will finally see the team next season. As reported by the Herald on Sunday, the club is planning to have up to half of their 'home games' (six) staged at Mt Smart.

They will be on a fly-in, fly-out basis, with the two teams only spending three to four days on New Zealand soil.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings