General Returning to Mt Smart

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I understand getting everyone vaccinated helps the long term goal of getting the Warriors back home to Mt Smart but I think you might be in the wrong thread.
I would have thought anything that could get the Warriors back home was welcome on this thread. BTW I agree. :D

Reactions: snake77

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I understand getting everyone vaccinated helps the long term goal of getting the Warriors back home to Mt Smart but I think you might be in the wrong thread.;)

Need to social distance from this one and move over to the coronavirus thread.😷
Yep wrong thread. Cheers.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Cameron George on the radio this morning.

The latest date at the moment for MIQ is the 12th of December and they have 70+ people contracted to the club with them. Thats the number he used and they could reduce the number needing to come back by splitting the pre season again. There are also family members over there. Have to book a large group around everyone else trying to get home.

Could be stuck over there deep into the offseason or Christmas.

Making plans for next year two plans weither NZ or Australia no in between. Plans are with the NRL to be submitted to the Comission next week.

Spoke to some people from Souths who are looking to stay in Queensland due to the covid situaion in NSW. I'm Guessing that would be the club paying for it as there was talk on NRL360 last week of the cheek of the Bulldogs wanting the NRL to pay for them to stay holidaying in Queensland. If things carry on they all might need to stay up there to train and prepare for next season.

George also said the most dissappointed peole when he said they might not get to NZ was the Australian players. As they signed to play with the club at Mt Smart. As we know a lot go back homesick so I'd take that as marketing talk. They could be due to the sacrifice their teammates have made.

If the NSW players go back to Sydney instead of alcohol or assaults in the Naughty Chair thread there would be covid breaches.

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
Since Covid there has been a lot of talk about how the Warriors have done an amazing job "keeping the game alive" IE ensuring that there are the same 8 contracted games each week to keep the NRL getting paid from the broadcasters.

Does this in any way align with the quick push through of a 17th team in Brisbane?

So if it becomes financially difficult for the Warriors to continue to pay their own way.. instead of the NRL footing the bill, they can say "it doesn't matter, we still have our 8 games a week..'

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Cameron George on the radio this morning.

The latest date at the moment for MIQ is the 12th of December and they have 70+ people contracted to the club with them. Thats the number he used and they could reduce the number needing to come back by splitting the pre season again. There are also family members over there. Have to book a large group around everyone else trying to get home.

Could be stuck over there deep into the offseason or Christmas.

Making plans for next year two plans weither NZ or Australia no in between. Plans are with the NRL to be submitted to the Comission next week.

Spoke to some people from Souths who are looking to stay in Queensland due to the covid situaion in NSW. I'm Guessing that would be the club paying for it as there was talk on NRL360 last week of the cheek of the Bulldogs wanting the NRL to pay for them to stay holidaying in Queensland. If things carry on they all might need to stay up there to train and prepare for next season.

George also said the most dissappointed peole when he said they might not get to NZ was the Australian players. As they signed to play with the club at Mt Smart. As we know a lot go back homesick so I'd take that as marketing talk. They could be due to the sacrifice their teammates have made.

If the NSW players go back to Sydney instead of alcohol or assaults in the Naughty Chair thread there would be covid breaches.
Interesting for me to read Cameron Georges thoughts.

As someone who has made a point of being ahead of the Covid curve around the world, the Warriors from my pov have come across as reactive possum in the headlight idiots.

Nice to hear a change in their thinking more in line with what is actually happening in the world outside their artificial bubbles.

• Haha
Reactions: Vancent

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Since Covid there has been a lot of talk about how the Warriors have done an amazing job "keeping the game alive" IE ensuring that there are the same 8 contracted games each week to keep the NRL getting paid from the broadcasters.

Does this in any way align with the quick push through of a 17th team in Brisbane?

So if it becomes financially difficult for the Warriors to continue to pay their own way.. instead of the NRL footing the bill, they can say "it doesn't matter, we still have our 8 games a week..'
It does make you think. Cause up until recently a lot of the talk has been bout adding two new teams to create an extra game.

Depending on where the sides are located they could also cover another timeslot. Another NZ side would cover the early Friday slot due to the time zone. Or Perth with the timezone being a bit later.

The reasoning for not expanding has often been about the broadcast value and if the broadcasters had the appetite for another game.

Going to 17 with a side having a bye each week I wouldn't expect to be a long term thing. Either they go back to 16 or add another side. Could just be only the Queensland bids are where they need to be and they know they want another Queensland side but only one and still making up their mind about other locations.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Interesting for me to read Cameron Georges thoughts.

As someone who has made a point of being ahead of the Covid curve around the world, the Warriors from my pov have come across as reactive possum in the headlight idiots.

Nice to hear a change in their thinking more in line with what is actually happening in the world outside their artificial bubbles.
To be fair they have been dealt a pretty bad hand and have had to organise a lot.

Last year they went over there expecting to be there one round. That lead to them staying over there which could of been the entire season. The break gave them time to plan.

They have done the best they can this year with planning to start over there and being flexible with setting it up in blocks around the school year. So they could come back if things changed.

Its hard to run a business or a sports organisation at the moment. Have to look at all of the businesses in NZ asking the same questions they were last year about what indicaters they could look for to plan on level changes. Some points htey have had to shut their doors on a few hours notice or get to open them on a few hours notice which they can't as they need to re-stock etc.

Our government is put up as great in dealing with covid. They haven't been pro active with items they could of controlled. Questions this week about police or essential workers not being vaccinated were meant with surprised looks as well that was a great idea. They also fobbed off covid at first cause flights don't come from Wuhan.

The Warriors are at the mercy of the Australian and NZ governments along with the various states they happen to be in. Its hard seeing what more they good do. They have had families split across two countries, and families wanting details on when they can come home, kids schooling etc.

George has had to run the business split across two countries. Working with the players, his staff and families along with dealing with the NRL on their situation.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
To be fair they have been dealt a pretty bad hand and have had to organise a lot.

Last year they went over there expecting to be there one round. That lead to them staying over there which could of been the entire season. The break gave them time to plan.

They have done the best they can this year with planning to start over there and being flexible with setting it up in blocks around the school year. So they could come back if things changed.

Its hard to run a business or a sports organisation at the moment. Have to look at all of the businesses in NZ asking the same questions they were last year about what indicaters they could look for to plan on level changes. Some points htey have had to shut their doors on a few hours notice or get to open them on a few hours notice which they can't as they need to re-stock etc.

Our government is put up as great in dealing with covid. They haven't been pro active with items they could of controlled. Questions this week about police or essential workers not being vaccinated were meant with surprised looks as well that was a great idea. They also fobbed off covid at first cause flights don't come from Wuhan.

The Warriors are at the mercy of the Australian and NZ governments along with the various states they happen to be in. Its hard seeing what more they good do. They have had families split across two countries, and families wanting details on when they can come home, kids schooling etc.

George has had to run the business split across two countries. Working with the players, his staff and families along with dealing with the NRL on their situation.
Yeah i was not criticising their reactive day to day dealings with Covid, they did an Amazing job.

But for a club that has a Doctor and several medical staff like Physios, their understanding of pandemics was piss poor.

Last year they were entertaining the idea of being based in NZ this season.

So before a vaccine scenario the Warriors were talking about having NRL games here.

This is not a hard problem to understand when both NZ and Australia had completely shut their borders and transtansman bubbles were an idea for the future.

Both countries quarantines were leaking and causing overlapping outbreaks, so much so, that the bubble took a long time to achieve and only lasted five minutes.

Thing is I would expect the people advising a big organisation like the Warriors to tell them there probably will be no home games for years.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Yeah i was not criticising their reactive day to day dealings with Covid, they did an Amazing job.

But for a club that has a Doctor and several medical staff like Physios, their understanding of pandemics was piss poor.

Last year they were entertaining the idea of being based in NZ this season.

So before a vaccine scenario the Warriors were talking about having NRL games here.

This is not a hard problem to understand when both NZ and Australia had completely shut their borders and transtansman bubbles were an idea for the future.

Both countries quarantines were leaking and causing overlapping outbreaks, so much so, that the bubble took a long time to achieve and only lasted five minutes.

Thing is I would expect the people advising a big organisation like the Warriors to tell them there probably will be no home games for years.
You only have to look at the number of players this year ruled out for the season who have come back to play. You have also pointed out how they put Addin Fonua-Blake on the bike when it probably wasn't the best idea.

So for the medial staff I'd be more worried on their day to day jobs than knowing about big picture stuff like pandemics.

A lot of sport organisations were trying to get back to normal or talking about being back to normal in 2021. A lot overseas look to be heading that way finding ways to work around the changing environment.

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
There is 3 bids for an extra Bris NRL side.
Redcliffe.
Firehawks
Ipswich Jets

The talk is the Redcliffe bid is the best financially -they have the most $.
Now talk Firehawks and Jets may combine their bid to compete better with Redcliffe.

Interesting that Warriors may base at Redcliffe in 2022.
But maybe we can go back to Mt Smart.
Does getting the population vaccinated count to making a difference.
Non vaxxers are going to be marginalised and excluded -many will decide they have to get vaxxed to participate in community and working life.

Its just all unknown unknowns.

I,m wary of Warriors playing at Redcliffe.
How much does Autex and Mohawk lose if they keep this franchise.
Or how much do they make if they JV with Redcliffe.

• Love
Reactions: bruce

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
They would have a lot of stakeholders to satisfy. On the public side I think they would be leaving a lot of doors open while behind the scenes would know exactly what they are doing.

E.g. the statement, they are ‘Making plans for next year two plans either NZ or Australia no in between.’ Telling you now they already know it the Australia plan but are publicly leaving the door open to seem until the last possible second to like a loyal NZ team.

Reactions: snake77

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Redcliffe.
Firehawks
Ipswich Jets

Now talk Firehawks and Jets may combine their bid to compete better with Redcliffe.

Non vaxxers are going to be marginalised and excluded -many will decide they have to get vaxxed to participate in community and working life.

Redcliffe makes sense in the short term, closer to our squad players playing for Dolphins gives more squad cohesion. Sydney market is already to saturated, CC have shown again as the have in the past they won’t back a transplanted team. Southern Queensland being less saturated should help with the commercial side of things

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Redcliffe.
Firehawks
Ipswich Jets

Good points, I hold to the belief that the NRL will want the Warriors, unless they fold because Mohawk has had enough.

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
I guess if Brisbane Warriors supporters get to Redcliffe they will get a crowd but not the numbers Mt Smart would get.
Redcliffe is north bit like Albany.
If they play there I ll go to a few games buts for me it’s like a Huntly to Albany trip

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I guess if Brisbane Warriors supporters get to Redcliffe they will get a crowd but not the numbers Mt Smart would get.
Redcliffe is north bit like Albany.
If they play there I ll go to a few games buts for me it’s like a Huntly to Albany trip
I cannot see it happening, and if it does it won't last, just look how long the last second Brisbane team lasted.

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
How is Autex going?
Doesn’t Mohawk live on the GC?
Sure I have seen him at 2 or 3 Titans games

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
I think the Brisbane market is big enough for two teams but Bronco s will take a hit with crowd numbers getting diluted

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
How is Autex going?
Doesn’t Mohawk live on the GC?
Sure I have seen him at 2 or 3 Titans games
Autex is going just fine as far as I know but it will not be a bottomless pit.

I hope he hangs in there but 2022 looks highly doubtful, if the experts are to be believed.

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2013
I guess the Syd Canberra Melb teams are now at the Warriors financial spot missing their home crowd revenue except Warriors are 16 months worse off
Fxxk the CCP and their virus production.’
Note do self reminder do not buy Chinese
Made

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings