General Retardation in The Warriors

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
No Bruce I was not intimating Polynesians. Just that there doesnt seem to be an expectation of young players to actually study the game. Let alone doing extras to address weaknesses.
They study the game all right. They train hard as well. The difference comes when the blow torch goes on and Kearney's quote comes to mind "This isn't fun any more". That is what top line sport is all about, the hurt factor when the big question is asked.

Chris Anderson, the former Bulldogs coach summed it up about "Kiwis" years ago, they just want to barge and put the big hits on.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Dear gawd…"Kearney focusing on enjoyment"… if Kearney pulls a 'Bluey' and takes the boys to Dreamland Themepark for 'kids day out' I'm done.
See ya lol.

Think you'll be disappointed in the next day or so. Team are leaving this morning so plenty of time to hit the parks...

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Assistant Ballboy
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of people wont like this but the Warriors should learn from Union.

The first couple of years of super rugby the Crusaders were rubbish. They turned it round off season. How?. A lot was getting the whole Crusaders cachment involved. People involved in that are still around, like Steve Tew. I heard on comment from Canterbury 'Tew is a prick but he is our prick'.

Similarly the Chiefs were a basketcase. Dave Rennie came in an turned it round. How, dunno, but its a short drive to Hamilton.

1991, 1995, 1999, 2003. All Blacks bombed at WCs. Didnt sack the Coaches, learnt the lessons and won the last two.

As has been pointed out the problems have been there 25 years. They are rusted on now. To change it is more than a three year process. It cant be helpful to replace indecision with more indecision. It is taking longer than anyone wants but I see no alternative but to follow the 'process'. It is more than just results,
Think a good example is the Hurricanes, had a team of star players but had shit culture and attitude and list games they should have won because of it.
Cleaned out of the bad eggs who ran the club and had negative impact on the team- since they’ve won a title, made the finals pretty much every year since

Reaction score

NZDoug

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
Ice Hockey, Stanley Cup playoffs.
With the win, the Blues ended the longest wait in NHL history -- 51 seasons -- for a team to win its first championship.
Patience, grass hopper, patience.

Reaction score
FAN

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ice Hockey, Stanley Cup playoffs.
With the win, the Blues ended the longest wait in NHL history -- 51 seasons -- for a team to win its first championship.
Patience, grass hopper, patience.
Bruce will be dead by then!!
As will most of the rest of us!

Reaction score
Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE vision from inside the Warriors camp. Their coach is really gonna push the players to perform this week on the GC.

———-

——-

Us Warriors fans have to laugh really really loud at ourselves - try and drown out all those mofos who be laughin at us. 😂🤪🤣

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE vision from inside the Warriors camp. Their coach is really gonna push the players to perform this week on the GC.

———-

View attachment 41068

——-

Us Warriors fans have to laugh really really loud at ourselves - try and drown out all those mofos who be laughin at us. 😂🤪🤣
Good post, would be interesting to get Jack Nicolson in as some kind of motivational speaker,spend a few weeks with the boys, always seems to say it as it is, got great delivery and might just get through to the team and coach.
Hunter S Thompson (author of fear and loathing) would be my first option if he was still with us, got to respect a man that wanted to go out by being shot out of a cannon.
*edit both unpredictable and crazy as batshit, but would bring back the enjoyment and a bit of crazy.

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good post, would be interesting to get Jack Nicolson in as some kind of motivational speaker,spend a few weeks with the boys, always seems to say it as it is, got great delivery and might just get through to the team and coach.
Hunter S Thompson (author of fear and loathing) would be my first option if he was still with us, got to respect a man that wanted to go out by being shot out of a cannon.
*edit both unpredictable and crazy as batshit, but would bring back the enjoyment and a bit of crazy.
Fear and loathing in Penrose starring Ken Maumalo and Peta Hiku as the two wasted edgelords and Fus as Jack Nicholson's ghost from the Shining

Reaction score
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Bruce will be dead by then!!
As will most of the rest of us!
Don't worry. If Bruce is real NZ Warriors fan like I think he is, he will leave some space totally blank on his tombstone so his family can write winning grand final score somewhere on his grave. Of course by then it will probably say something like Wellington Warriors 28 - Paraparaumu (formerly Parramatta) Eels 6.

;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Assistant Ballboy
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Just gotta say, if SAK thinks that a trip to Dreamland is the answer, we are in the shite, however if it is the answer we are in even deeper shite. Don't even know if I can bear to watch...but I will.

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Just gotta say, if SAK thinks that a trip to Dreamland is the answer, we are in the shite, however if it is the answer we are in even deeper shite. Don't even know if I can bear to watch...but I will.
I think our coach is in Dreamland

Top Bottom