Gameday Broncos vs Warriors - Finals Week 3 (Game Day)

vs

-

IN PROGRESS

Game Clock

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Who will win?

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Warriors 12-

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Broncos 12-

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Broncos 13+

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • 380343532_18387376711041233_4157729620498801815_n.jpg

Been emotional seeing all the support this morning, think I might be menopausal. Going to be a long day waiting but I think there’s an ambush waiting for the broncos.

You know, I know this match is the most important in a decade. But this morning I’m relaxed and have no fear.

We’ve already won. The Wahs are the talk of NZ, Australia and Up the Wahs has gone global. The best crowds in the comp. We’ve learned to love our team again. And they are playing for us, for the jersey, for New Zealand.

This year, we’ve discovered who we are. And no amount of money can take that away from us.

We’re not a mega club with leagues clubs that resemble a 5 star hotel. We are the people’s club - where kings walk with the common man. Where a millionaire sits next to a working class man and whilst the Wahs are playing, they are equals. There is no division. No election campaign. No bullshit.

WE are the Wahs. Together. We are one united family here for the common purpose of riding the highs and lows of a competition that is regarded as the hardest in the world.

Is it our year? It absolutely is.

So today, all I want to see is that spirit. I want to see our boys let rip, have fun and enjoy the moment. To play with freedom and a joy knowing that no matter what happens, they return as hero’s.

And if they can go to Brisbane and spoil the NRL pundits script of a Panthers/Broncos grand final, then I will be delirious with joy!

Earning one more week of Wahs fever would give all of us such a buzz… and that of course is why we compete.

I can’t wait. If we can pull this off, then next week we get a shot at immortality. Beating the greatest rugby league team we’ve ever seen.

But right now, I wanna eat some Bronco.

Kia Kaha Boys - play the game of your lives with no errors, defend as a unit and build confidence throughout the game. Play your game, express yourselves and dreams can come true.

Can’t wait. UP THE FKN WAHS!
Make that a voice over of some season highlights and you're on to a winner 👏👏👏👏

During the game last night the commentator (Fox feed) said the Panthers had already dealt to the Warriors what sort of challenge do the Broncos offer.

A Panthers vs Broncos match up is obviously mouth watering due to them being 1 and 2 during the minor premiership. Similar to us last week vs the Knights its two teams from round 1.

He was making it sound like a fait acompli for the Broncos tonight or for the Panthers next week if we make it.

The loss to the Panthers was a good lesson in finals football, build up some finals experience. It also probably gave our guys a good kick in the back side, we have done well turning around from losses this year.

If we get up tonight there is no reason why we can't ambush the Panthers. Both sides are tough but that is also a good description of the Warriors in 2023.

First 20 - 25 minutes is crucial. If we can absorb that with an even share of possession not get any one HIAed by an overly physical Broncos player trying to assert themselves and get in to the grind then we have a really good chance of going on and winning. Broncos have to be favourites but I don't think it's as one-sided as the bookies have it. Should be an absolute cracker of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back