NRL NRL 2023 Finals Week 3 - General Discussion - Penrith vs Storm

1995warriorsfan

Contributor
NRL 2023 Finals Week 3 - General Discussion - Penrith vs Storm
1695334417358.png
Thread for week 3 NRL 2003 Finals - Penrith vs Storm !

Storm putting on another Week 1 Type performance would be good...

Never mind "Cattledog!" or "Queenslander!"

The Storm players need to be screaming "Dogshit!" all game long.

Won't be able to watch much of this as got a pub gig on at the same time (starting 10). I honestly don't mind who wins, as would happily face either in the Grand Final (though getting to beat Storm for our maiden championship would be pretty darned sweet!).

Put one of my classic ridiculous multis to help fund my Grand Final trip next week (assuming we win hah) - To'o, Cleary, Martin tries for the Panthers & Warbrick, Katoa for the Storm, decided to leave team result off the slip as $4k from a cheeky tenner is good enough for me 😅

OK lets say we win 2morrow nite, I really don't care who wins 2nite as long as the Storm and Pamfurs belt the living f$€k out of each other. A few sore bodies from either side, longer recovery certainly won't hurt our chances... Anyway just a dream till 2morrow nites result

They say it is poor form to wish for player injuries.
That is not how I played Rugby league, in my day you tried to hurt people and they did the same to you.

This being the new age (and we are better for it, I like the way society has changed) it is no longer cool to cheer when the other team gets hurt.

I am being honest here, I am an old dog, but I try to evolve and learn, therefore I am going to wish for minor non life threatening injuries of the kind that make return to full function guaranteed in two weeks from now.

Someone take out the Panthers spine and the Storms too please Santa and make them all better again when it is too late to matter.

`The Storm are no chance tonight.

However if you have been paying attention for twenty years of NRL you would be a fool to bet your life against the Melbourne Storm.

They have the greatest coach in RL history, the heir apparent to Wayne the Legend Bennett and Jack Gibson.

That is not how I played Rugby league, in my day you tried to hurt people and they did the same to you.

This being the new age (and we are better for it, I like the way society has changed) it is no longer cool to cheer when the other team gets hurt.

I am being honest here, I am an old dog, but I try to evolve and learn, therefore I am going to wish for minor non life threatening injuries of the kind that make return to full function guaranteed in two weeks from now.

Someone take out the Panthers spine and the Storms too please Santa and make them all better again when it is too late to matter.
Haha I think you’ve converted me- let’s go non serious injuries and suspensions!
Only problem with that is if we lose- the way the broncos fans have been carrying on this week I REALLY don’t want them to win the premiership- condescending pricks.

Hey Sup not sure if your referring to my comment. But there's no way I endorse deliberately injuring people maybe I worded it wrong. But like yourself I played in the 70s early 80s you wanted to hurt people but in a way to gain dominance on the field. The last thing we wanted to see was someone's playing career ended.
So by belting each other is just that brutal hard, play for keeps but legally .. because in finals footy sometimes that's what's needed. Panfurs and Storm have played alot of finals recently so I won't be surprised if it's like origin..

`The Storm are no chance tonight.

However if you have been paying attention for twenty years of NRL you would be a fool to bet your life against the Melbourne Storm.

They have the greatest coach in RL history, the heir apparent to Wayne the Legend Bennett and Jack Gibson.
I actually think that the Storm has a better chance of beating the Pennies than the Broncos would of have.
Hopefully anyway

Hey Sup not sure if your referring to my comment. But there's no way I endorse deliberately injuring people maybe I worded it wrong. But like yourself I played in the 70s early 80s you wanted to hurt people but in a way to gain dominance on the field. The last thing we wanted to see was someone's playing career ended.
So by belting each other is just that brutal hard, play for keeps but legally .. because in finals footy sometimes that's what's needed. Panfurs and Storm have played alot of finals recently so I won't be surprised if it's like origin..

Nah I wasn't referring to anyone bro.

I was just posting how I honestly feel about the game of Rugby League. I do not like dirty players but I love seeing opposition players smashed and taken out of our pathway.

Lots of people get upset by that but I am just being honest about it.

Last edited:
Got a lot of time for clan Cleary but would back us having a better chance against the Storm than Panthers........so up the Storm! (yuck that felt wrong)
Everyone would most likely agree. I reckon if the Storm win our match will be played at even higher intensity as both teams will think they have a real good shot now

Back