General Religious Discussion Thread

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
It's interesting that the first five books of the Old Testament (in the Bible), the Torah or Pentateuch (the first five books of the Jewish religious text) and the first five books of the Koran are basically identical. Most Muslims consider Jewish and Christian leaders such as Moses, Abraham and Jesus as Muslim prophets.... they just consider Mohammad to be the greatest of the prophets. TBH, given the regard most Muslims have for the historical person Jesus Christ, it doesn't surprise me at all that they would celebrate his birth.
Muslims even fight among themselves e.g. Shia versus Sunni

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
When all Religions say "Submit yourself to God/Allah/Whoever", they mean "Submit yourself to me, The Man Who Controls Your Religion!" IMHO....

Like the joke about the Catholic priest, the Buddhist monk and the TV evangelist, who, friends since childhood, meet every year. But one year, they broke through in their respective lives and are quite different from who they were a year previous:
Catholic Priest: So, boys, when it comes to what I do with the money my congregation give to the offering plate every Sunday, I take every note and every coin. I draw a small circle in the middle of my room. I throw up every note and coin. If it lands in that circle, it is mine. If not, it is to be used for the Lord's work.
Buddhist Monk: I take the money my congregation leave and toss it to the wind that blows outside my temple. If it blows back to touch my feet it is mine, if not, to Buddah's work it goes.
TV Evangelist: I love you boys, but you're making this too complicated. Just take it all up in a basket or bucket and toss it up. If God wants the money it'll disappear....

And the all take his advice...

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings