General Religious Discussion Thread

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
There’s good and shit people in every group. Like you point out there’s pedo priests but there’s also some that have had an extremely positive impact on lives also.
That's true but when an organisation peaches a set of principles but fails to live up to them because it wants to hide the misdeeds of its members then the culture of that organisation must be questioned, I would say it is rotten to the core if it puts reputation before the lives of children.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
That’s what many can’t fathom with their self importance, the earth is infinite, not us. If we’re not here there’s no such thing as time, only the earth is infinite.
there's no Earth without time tho, which came first? -the buddha

basically, x=Time -Einstein

For the last time, he said go forth and multiply -Moses

X=Change (in) -Bob Dylan

"I said a cross is a symbol for time, not crucify me!" -Jesus

Better cross me off your Christmas card list then mate -Judas

• Haha
Reactions: Noitall

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
there's no Earth without time tho, which came first? -the buddha

basically, x=Time -Einstein

For the last time, he said go forth and multiply -Moses

X=Change (in) -Bob Dylan

"I said a cross is a symbol for time, not crucify me!" -Jesus

Better cross me off your Christmas card list then mate -Judas
Without us here to measure seconds, minutes, hours, days etc the earth still continues if we’re not here.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Bit of a tree falling in the woods, does it make a sound if no one is there scenario.
And a bit of a zen paradox too, does David Carradine shit in the woods if no one's there to hear? It's a long lonely journey across the desert without a tree in sight. What's the sound of one hand clapping? Not David Carradine again is it

Last edited:

hoolioh

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2016
Hamz
My inlaws are very staunch Christians an even though my wife dosen't go to church anymore its ingrained in her to her core.
About a year ago her farther got diagnosed with cancer an so came the horrible decline that im sure some of you would of seen an he passed away 2 months later.
Before he died he gave me some little book to read (not the bible ) and said to me that he really wants to see me in heaven an it would mean alot to him if I could read it.
He worked hard all his life as a shearer an didnt have money but he had a big family with 16 grandkids that thought the world of him and were all children of god so to speak.
Im going the long way but the point im trying to get at is he was probably the nicest man I have met and a huge part of it was his faith.
Theres arsholes in every corner of life but some people are better for religion.
Me I just want my kids to grow up with empathy an tolerance for others and to honor thy father an mother lol.
I've been a real slack arse an havnt got round to that book. I guess im waiting for a time it might be more helpful mabey. Sorry to rant im sure others have been stuck in a religious tractor beam aswel haha.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
My inlaws are very staunch Christians an even though my wife dosen't go to church anymore its ingrained in her to her core.
About a year ago her farther got diagnosed with cancer an so came the horrible decline that im sure some of you would of seen an he passed away 2 months later.
Before he died he gave me some little book to read (not the bible ) and said to me that he really wants to see me in heaven an it would mean alot to him if I could read it.
He worked hard all his life as a shearer an didnt have money but he had a big family with 16 grandkids that thought the world of him and were all children of god so to speak.
Im going the long way but the point im trying to get at is he was probably the nicest man I have met and a huge part of it was his faith.
Theres arsholes in every corner of life but some people are better for religion.
Me I just want my kids to grow up with empathy an tolerance for others and to honor thy father an mother lol.
I've been a real slack arse an havnt got round to that book. I guess im waiting for a time it might be more helpful mabey. Sorry to rant im sure others have been stuck in a religious tractor beam aswel haha.
What was the name of the book bro

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
And a bit of a zen paradox too, does David Carradine shit in the woods if no one's there to hear? It's a long lonely journey across the desert without a tree in sight. What's the sound of one hand clapping? Not David Carradine again is it
One hand clapping doesn’t sound like David Carradine, more like nuts hitting the thigh. Died in much the same way as Michael Hutchence with a cord around his neck and genitals, a sexual misadventure.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
I'm wondering when the woke brigade will push to change Easter and Christmas

Reactions: bruce

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating