General Religious Discussion Thread

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Personally I yhink we have to have a 'God' because we cant comprehend infinity. However, just as every unconnected society have their deity, they all seem to have their ghosts.

My rationale is science says energy cant be destroyed. As a human is mostly energy when they die what form does that energy take. As Dave Allen said, may your God go with you.

The problem is religion is preaching peace, forgiveness and equality. However these are the first things thrown out by the faithfull. Inquisition anyone. Ps, it still exists under a different name. Ratzinger headed it between his time in Hitler youth and Pope.

Reactions: bruce and surfin

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
On a global scale, every person in a first world country is rich, even if they personally own nothing.

Good to know none of us are going to heaven😂

I don't know your personal status .
But most of the people I know would be destitute within months of not working
Maybe 1 or 2 years tops ..Yes we have the illusion of wealth .But we are nothing more
Than serfs ..
Even if you don't earn a dollar IRD will be on your case in no time .
They froze my bank once because I hadn't taken any money out for 6 months
An demanded to know how I was supporting myself ..an I was working an paying tax .
A friend of mine had zero income an still got charged child support .
We are slaves to a system ..
An if you truthfully know a way out please tell..
The bibles point is if you put money before everything else then that is your god .

Reactions: FuNQie

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
There's no meaning we can ever comprehend except the ones we make up, in fact being a Warriors fan is a bigger leap of faith than what most other established religions expect you to believe in. I'll confess my faith was tested worse than the Book of Job during 2012-17, a period I like to call "the lost dark alcoholic oblivion years".

But the sight of Fusitua leaping into the air for a crossfield bomb last year was the thing that made me start praying again, and if Sol actually does pass to him I might have to reconsider Heyzeuss and all his miracles.

I forget if Heyzeuss is really the official Warriors deity or just an imaginary bunch of bullshit again. (edit: post is an excuse for this grampa joke for Bruce mainly)

Last edited:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
So you have a problem with people acting in the name of god (or religion). That's all I needed to know.
Yes I do, but believe it or not there is a deeper answer to your question that can probably wait until the next off season. :angelic:
that just shows peoples stupidity. if someone was murdered u dont go to the church u go to tbe police. if someone u know was sexually nterfered with again, church no no, police yes yes.
She was a deeply religious solo mother trying her best to bring up two sons, one intellectually disabled. She was born in 1941 so that generation was a little more trusting of the church than my generation and way more trusting that todays generation of that age group.

Also she lived in Melbourne, where the Police are different to here and she may have lacked confidence in taking the matter to them, especially as the Police didn't even class the guy as a suspect when they admit these days he would have been high on the list.

It sounds as though when she first spoke to him it was at the Church where he got really nasty to her, and remember his fellow parish priest had also molested the boy.

It hasn't been explained whether he invited himself to her home or she did, but from all accounts she made a cup of coffee for him but it seems the shite hit the fan when her estranged husband returned her call for help. The Priest obviously heard her say she needed help with somebody in the shop so he belted her over the head with something while the husband was on the phone. It wasn't enough to get him calling the Police but he drove there, about a 15 minute drive and it is clear the Priest was still there when the husband arrived and climbed in the second floor window.

The Priest was obviously covered in blood as well. If only the electrician who saw him had twigged onto it, but again, he was a Priest so he didn't suspect him.

I cannot find any articles about what Pell or the other Priest would have known, but as both Priests were in the shite over this I suspect Pell, being the type he was must have suspected something from the convenience of her death. Pell was in Ballarat at the time but later became Archbishop of Melbourne when the case was still high in the public interest, especially the suspicion about the Priest.

To me a very tragic case, which still has a hardened cop in tears, yet the Church have said absolutely nothing. Personally I hope Pell dies in Prison. He will be in solitary probably to stop some dude putting something up his arse.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Yes I do, but believe it or not there is a deeper answer to your question that can probably wait until the next off season. :angelic:

She was a deeply religious solo mother trying her best to bring up two sons, one intellectually disabled. She was born in 1941 so that generation was a little more trusting of the church than my generation and way more trusting that todays generation of that age group.

Also she lived in Melbourne, where the Police are different to here and she may have lacked confidence in taking the matter to them, especially as the Police didn't even class the guy as a suspect when they admit these days he would have been high on the list.

It sounds as though when she first spoke to him it was at the Church where he got really nasty to her, and remember his fellow parish priest had also molested the boy.

It hasn't been explained whether he invited himself to her home or she did, but from all accounts she made a cup of coffee for him but it seems the shite hit the fan when her estranged husband returned her call for help. The Priest obviously heard her say she needed help with somebody in the shop so he belted her over the head with something while the husband was on the phone. It wasn't enough to get him calling the Police but he drove there, about a 15 minute drive and it is clear the Priest was still there when the husband arrived and climbed in the second floor window.

The Priest was obviously covered in blood as well. If only the electrician who saw him had twigged onto it, but again, he was a Priest so he didn't suspect him.

I cannot find any articles about what Pell or the other Priest would have known, but as both Priests were in the shite over this I suspect Pell, being the type he was must have suspected something from the convenience of her death. Pell was in Ballarat at the time but later became Archbishop of Melbourne when the case was still high in the public interest, especially the suspicion about the Priest.

To me a very tragic case, which still has a hardened cop in tears, yet the Church have said absolutely nothing. Personally I hope Pell dies in Prison. He will be in solitary probably to stop some dude putting something up his arse.
Actually I read a fair bit on the old style cops of Melbourne when we arrived here. Your probably right that she thought she had more chance of the church backing her than them.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Actually I read a fair bit on the old style cops of Melbourne when we arrived here. Your probably right that she thought she had more chance of the church backing her than them.
I don't know if that was the case, it was a loose comment.
What I do know is the all encompassing control of the Catholic Church over their faithful back then, especially the women. They worked on fear and the women were the easiest to scare. The men were a different proposition. These priests were genuine bullies.

I don't know how they compare with the happy clapper fundamentalists these days. I have heard whispers from a few immigrants who have joined a certain church how difficult they find it to come up with the 10% tithe every week, yet they still do it. I wish I knew the secret, heyzeuss spare me I would only need 10 suckers to pay me a tithe and I would double my income. Good job if you can get it.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Personally I yhink we have to have a 'God' because we cant comprehend infinity. However, just as every unconnected society have their deity, they all seem to have their ghosts.

My rationale is science says energy cant be destroyed. As a human is mostly energy when they die what form does that energy take. As Dave Allen said, may your God go with you.

The problem is religion is preaching peace, forgiveness and equality. However these are the first things thrown out by the faithfull. Inquisition anyone. Ps, it still exists under a different name. Ratzinger headed it between his time in Hitler youth and Pope.

That's where I lean, I get spirituality, not religion, I don't believe in any of the 3000 odd Gods but I believe in the message without the bigotry and judgement that attaches it's self to so many of the "faiths". I've said it so many times on these threads, you alone are responsible for the choices you make, whether done with courage or not, no one has the Devil on one shoulder and Jesus or any of the other invisible sky men/women/LBGQT+ fuckers on another.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
I stand corrected. Bastards all sound the same to me

I think he built a big God version of Disneyland years ago. He finished up doing time for fraud and a heap of other dodgy as shit, including drugging and raping a woman . But again these fuckers pray on the weak and after getting out he went back to being a TV evangelist and is probably still getting millions off the gullible.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I think he built a big God version of Disneyland years ago. He finished up doing time for fraud and a heap of other dodgy as shit, including drugging and raping a woman . But again these fuckers pray on the weak and after getting out he went back to being a TV evangelist and is probably still getting millions off the gullible.
The guy who invented Scientology said to make money you have to marry rich or start a religion.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings