TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Brown was offered before he played a game with the eels we also offered a year too early
He was the first choice halves partner to Moses going into the season after dominating the U20s Comp, he just hadn’t debuted yet. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to work out he was gonna be a good player. Very different spectrum to the Walsh raid, mainly due to COVID keeping Walsh’s junior games out of the spotlight.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I personlly think as a NSW supporter its a great thing Qld picked Walsh.

But as a Warriors fan Im a bit worried.

He has only just started learning how to play FB. He is a half back. Imo the Warriors should have cancelled plans to use him as FB and placed him at 5/8th and signed (which they have) Shaun Johnson to play at 7.

Only need a quality 9 and FB and we would have a top 4 spine.

• Haha
Reactions: zegy

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
He's been playing FB for years in the lower age groups
He is orginally HB despite moving to FB prior to the Warriors. Im not saying it can;t be done. What Im saying is, the Warriors most pressing problem is both feeding the outsidebacks and the second is the outsidebacks not scoring via linebreaks etc.

He hasnt overly delivered on the FB role. His natural ball playing skills make him look good wherever. Whilst hes handy on D when its in the line, I have seen him flat footed too many times and he lack the defensive vision of an experienced FB

So for those reasons, where he suits NZW the best this year is at FB. Its absurd having Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the wing. And I am worried that if he does a Lockyer debut international in the SoO, we might have somebody shocked out of being fearless. Which might work out well as he may want to fill the 5/8th role if Brown can keep his head held high again.

If our mighty might blues do a number on him like they did game 1, Im just worried what condition we get him back in mostly.

Either way we needed a 5/8th or FB and 9. So now we got Shaun Johnson we do not need him to play 5/8th.

Im expecting Kodi will be made to play utility of the bench next year, but I really hope he takes a good grab of playing 9 as imo he could be far more X factor in a position that is at its best with players who can run dummy half and great broken Defense for the likes of Shaun Johnson and Walsh, also I think he showed he has the feeding skill to the half. As long as they can improve his defense

Reactions: xWarrior and tajhay

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
The mind games from the blues camp trying to unsettle the debutant.
and DCE coming in to bat for our boy!! 😍

Reactions: Worried2Death

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
From the outside looking in , a little disappointing that the likes of Gould and Brown aren’t 100% behind Walsh.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Random thought …

If the Warriors return to Penrose next year what plans are in place to support Reece and his very young family?
Being away from friends and family could be a nightmare, especially as Walsh will be away every 2nd week.

I’m sure the club has thought about this ????

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Random thought …

If the Warriors return to Penrose next year what plans are in place to support Reece and his very young family?
Being away from friends and family could be a nightmare, especially as Walsh will be away every 2nd week.

I'm sure Reece said when he joined us that he was looking forward to spending time with some family in New Zealand, probably from his mums side.

Reactions: BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
I'm sure Reece said when he joined us that he was looking forward to spending time with some family in New Zealand, probably from his mums side.

Yes, I’m sure his whanau here will look after him. And the club, and rest of Auckland & New Zealand ?!!

Looks like a tough strong minded kid. I could be completely wrong but doesn’t seem the type to get “home sick”. Sounds excited to learn about to his roots.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Random thought …

Excellent point...but I don't think there is anything to worry about. Latest estimates say it will be late 2023 before NZ opens up again.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings