If it wasn't for our current prop shortage I'd be done with Afoa, and Pene I just don't understand what the plan was from the start.
Pene is just your classic Storm role player, take him out of the Storm system and he’s useless. Only go after Storm stars i.e. Hughes, Hynes etc.

Bunty needs to go asap, will probably go well in Super league.

For better or for worse, give both their minutes to the Kepus next year.

Reactions: dean and francis
TMM looked good. I think two of those missed tackles were ones on the line that the majority of fullbacks miss 90% of the time. Probably his worst one was the long Pompey run. He could have stopped it early but got pushed off fairly easy.

Ale was very busy. Seemed intent on throwing offloads every tackle but then threw a shocker that almost resulted in a try and seemed to shelve it after that. Did some good things defensively. One cover tackle when there was a huge gap and a one on one strap right on the tryline. I think he'd be worth keeping over Pride next year, especially with us running a reserve grade side. He's been a second rower, a prop, but looked comfortable at lock today.
Ale is shoe in for the bench next year for mine. And next in the second row depth behind Nuikore, Barnett and Curren (assuming Tohu Harris is full time prop from now on)

Looks to be gaining his explosiveness back and has really improved his engine/work rate over the past couple of years.

Might even find himself starting if they go with Nuikore at centre in some line ups.

I have no idea why they aren't getting him first grade reps right now. He has something that none of our second rowers have in athleticism.

Honestly we might have the most unathletic second row in the comp with Curren, Aitken, Tevaga, Tohu Harris.

Even Murchie looks like prime Michael Jordan when he plays because of how plodderish that group is.

Pene is just your classic Storm role player, take him out of the Storm system and he’s useless. Only go after Storm stars i.e. Hughes, Hynes etc.

Bunty needs to go asap, will probably go well in Super league.

For better or for worse, give both their minutes to the Kepus next year.
Yeah Pene couldn’t make the storm 17 very often so want even good enough to be a role player for them.

It’s scary as hell to think that Bunty is our #2 prop (3rd if you class Tohu Harris as prop) he should really be 5th or 6th prop in a decent team.

I have no idea why they aren't getting him first grade reps right now. He has something that none of our second rowers have in athleticism.
He's just 3 games back from his long term injury & only started his first game of the year yesterday. Hopefully we see a couple of first grade cameos across the remaining 5 games but I think he's more likely to get extended minutes in Q Cup instead in preparation for the playoffs & get the 5 appearance to be eligible to be picked in the finals

He's just 3 games back from his long term injury & only started his first game of the year yesterday. Hopefully we see a couple of first grade cameos across the remaining 5 games but I think he's more likely to get extended minutes in Q Cup instead in preparation for the playoffs & get the 5 appearance to be eligible to be picked in the finals

What is better for Ale at the moment. As much as I would like to see him turn out for the Warriors this year, is it better he sticks with the Dolphins, gets his minutes up and plays some finals football for a competitive team.

Or do we bring Ale, Berry, Vailea and Volkman back to first grade, get people in the correct positions and see what happens.

Reactions: francis

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Vailea doing what Warriors wingers do, comes in without a reason to and then has an air swing at the ball when it floats over him.

Luckily cover defence forces an error on the tryline to seal the win and avoid a grandstand finish as the Seagulls would have got maybe 15-20 seconds to score a match winner.

28-18 final score.
nice work - thanks for the notes

Reactions: JaggedJ
What is better for Ale at the moment. As much as I would like to see him turn out for the Warriors this year, is it better he sticks with the Dolphins, gets his minutes up and plays some finals football for a competitive team.

Or do we bring Ale, Berry, Vailea and Volkman back to first grade, get people in the correct positions and see what happens.
It's a bit of a balancing act. Volkman & Vailea, like Ale, still needs to play 2 more games in Cup to be available come playoff time & there's just 3 rounds remaining

Reactions: Worried2Death
Wow looks like Berry getting consistent game time in the Reggie’s is doing him the world of good. Can’t wait to have a reserve grade team again, will make such a difference

Meanwhile, Warriors centre Rocco Berry was rock-solid on both sides of the ball for the Dolphins, finishing with a try assist, two linebreaks, a linebreak assist, three tackle busts and 177 running metres as well as 22 tackles with zero misses.

Trai Fuller with a hattrick, but Berry was the standout again this week.

They made hard work if it against the cellar dwellers, although the Devils had an all NRL experienced spine. Hopefully Cameron Cullen can reintegrate quickly & they go deep into the playoffs to benefit the likes of Berry

Phins 22-16 at full-time.

It should be asked, will Warriors players bother staying on to play through the rest of the finals or return home to Auckland with everyone else?

Reactions: Cces