General Redcliffe Dolphins

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
but you can bet whoever is coaching the Warriors next year should have a big say in what our guys do in Redcliffe.
Sorry, but isn't that an ignorant and naive comment to be making about a different club in a different country with a different coach of their own and their own base of players let alone all the grades and a rich history with wonderful support and financial sustainability.. did I miss anything worth considering, oh yeah Covid19 and potential quarantining into 2021!

Reactions: francis

Akkerz

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 22, 2012
The edge of insanity
Theyre wouldnt be better opportuniteis for our best young players - our best young players wont join the warriors.
They will just join other NRL clubs who actually have pathway teams to play and actually train.
Possibly
It wont be easier to recruit australian players. So not only do they have to move to NZ but have to take 8 hours round trips when not selected.
I was suggesting the likelihood of the Warriors being based in Brisbane full time. If that were the case I don't expect they would play more than a couple of times a year in NZ

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Could the long term goal be to base the Warriors in Queensland for a more significant part of the season ie stay for a month at a time a few times over the season when we work with the NRl to have a string of home games?
Yeah that could actually happen. With NRL now wanting a second Brisbane team in Queensland, easiest and cheapest option for them is to allow New Zealand Warriors to relocate to Brisbane and have them play most of home games there on alternative Friday nights with only occasional game away in NZ such as Eden Park in Auckland or Forsyth Barr in Dunedin. It almost happened in 2007, as one of proposals that was submitted to NRL back then was instead of putting another team on Gold Coast you instead allow NZ Warriors to play there and bring Bears back instead. Thankfully that fucking shit never happened and I hope with this new Redcliffe Dolphin alliance that it never will but then being New Zealand Warriors I wouldn't be surprised if it does ☹

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Yeah that could actually happen. With NRL now wanting a second Brisbane team in Queensland, easiest and cheapest option for them is to allow New Zealand Warriors to relocate to Brisbane and have them play most of home games there on alternative Friday nights with only occasional game away in NZ such as Eden Park in Auckland or Forsyth Barr in Dunedin.
If it was me I would work with the NRL to adjust our draw, given the goodwill towards us currently.

In a 24 week season we have 12 away games. Restructure the Warriors draw in the future to be blocks of 4 home, 4 away, 4 home, 4 away, 4 home, 4 away.

One away block base ourselves on in Queensland and play Brisbane, Gold Coast and Cowboys and the 4th week in Melbourne or Newcastle.

Then the other 2 x 4 week blocks base ourselves in Sydney, playing Sydney teams.

This means we only significantly travel 3 times in a season (excluding finals 🤔) and as Ivan Cleary outlined, we don’t lose the day per week to travel which our record proves is significant. It would work out comparable price wise and with time away from home but allow the team to be fresher. They could even push it on a H&S angle.

Vlandys seems to be the sort of person working for the good of the game and might work towards making something like this happen.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah that could actually happen. With NRL now wanting a second Brisbane team in Queensland, easiest and cheapest option for them is to allow New Zealand Warriors to relocate to Brisbane and have them play most of home games there on alternative Friday nights with only occasional game away in NZ such as Eden Park in Auckland or Forsyth Barr in Dunedin. It almost happened in 2007, as one of proposals that was submitted to NRL back then was instead of putting another team on Gold Coast you instead allow NZ Warriors to play there and bring Bears back instead. Thankfully that fucking shit never happened and I hope with this new Redcliffe Dolphin alliance that it never will but then being New Zealand Warriors I wouldn't be surprised if it does ☹
I can't see it happening because the revenue with Sky would drop far too much. Also the NZ games provide a different time slot

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I can't see it happening because the revenue with Sky would drop far too much. Also the NZ games provide a different time slot
I agree, it would be an immensely stupid decision from the NRL for that to happen. You’d basically be writing off professional rugby league in NZ.

Reactions: Rizzah

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans CBUS Super Stadium

Last Game

04 Jul

26 - 16
6.7 Total Avg Rating
7.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 30 ratings