General 2023 - Can we win it this year ?

Aussie media all seam to think the knights will beat us at home next week?? Even with SJ!!

I haven’t been watching their games. I know they are on a streak but not much better than ours was. Are they actually going that well?
I have been watching them and like us are a good watch.
They are going well.
But no better than us.
9 in a row but we were 9 from 10.
Like us they have must of their players in career best form and some surprise packages like Crossland and Gamble.
If by some miracle Penrith beat us I would fancy a full strength Warriors beating the Knights in Auckland.

I honestly think knights are a massive problem for us at any ground there strengths are our weaknesses and the run they have had trumps ours based of the teams they beat on the run

I honestly think knights are a massive problem for us at any ground there strengths are our weaknesses and the run they have had trumps ours based of the teams they beat on the run
Ponga not 100% either.

Knights winning streak and points won by

Dragons by 20
Sharks by 28
Bunnies by 19
Dogs by 36
Phins by 2
Raiders by 22
Storm by 8
Tigers by 16
Dogs by 66

The 3 games before the streak they played panthers broncos and roosters and lost the 3 games by a combined 14 points and they were right in the game for most the match the aus media hype train is warranted also they beat us the last time we played them at home from memory ?

He's not 100% but not ruled out and while he has been great for them Miller is no slouch.
Would be interested to see the knights minus Ponga. Been apart of all of their win streak games. Get the feeling much of the knights success comes off the back of Ponga and a belief he gives the team. Could say the same of SJ, he played all games up until last week though many others were rested. We’ll see if we can cope without him, I expect Webster to have a plan. Can’t see us rolling over and playing dead.

Would be interested to see the knights minus Ponga. Been apart of all of their win streak games. Get the feeling much of the knights success comes off the back of Ponga and a belief he gives the team. Could say the same of SJ, he played all games up until last week though many others were rested. We’ll see if we can cope without him, I expect Webster to have a plan. Can’t see us rolling over and playing dead.
We definitely not gonna roll over not this year that's why we are in this position I have a feeling like tmm is going to pleasantly surprise some he's a quality player and I know he didn't look great last week but that team had no cohesion or reps together and he had to blow out some cobwebs people seem to forget they wanted sj to retire after first trail and tmm was being praised highly the lack of kicker is a tough one for us would actually like to see pompey go to 6 personally

We definitely not gonna roll over not this year that's why we are in this position I have a feeling like tmm is going to pleasantly surprise some he's a quality player and I know he didn't look great last week but that team had no cohesion or reps together and he had to blow out some cobwebs people seem to forget they wanted sj to retire after first trail and tmm was being praised highly the lack of kicker is a tough one for us would actually like to see pompey go to 6 personally
Was having a look at when we played them earlier in the season, they were pretty much full strength with funnily enough Tyrone Peachey at centre as he is tomorrow. We had Walker at five eighth as well but also Montoya playing centre and Sifakula who’s pretty green though a great prospect. Sifakula and Ford were sin binned so we played 20 minutes with 12. SJ provided 2 line breaks but we only got the one try to AFB. I think in terms of the kicking, our defence needs to be off the planet to limit their metres and limit our last tackle kickers distance required, I think TMM can provide a decent short kicking performance.

If we couldn't we wouldn't be sitting in the 8.

We are the kings of Finals upsets! Caused the NRL to redesign the finals format. So let's get it boys one more for the history books!

Beat the minor prems and fly home on that Jet, best believe there will be drinks and chicken wings this time round!

Aussie media all seam to think the knights will beat us at home next week?? Even with SJ!!

I haven’t been watching their games. I know they are on a streak but not much better than ours was. Are they actually going that well?
I think the comparison to our form in interesting.

They look better than our ugly winning form and not as good as our purple patch.

Their defence is excellent and the rest is off the back of Ponga making breaks for them which is why the media are over hyping their darling.

Bottom line in a fair contest we are better.

I think the comparison to our form in interesting.

They look better than our ugly winning form and not as good as our purple patch.

Their defence is excellent and the rest is off the back of Ponga making breaks for them which is why the media are over hyping their darling.

Bottom line in a fair contest we are better.
No injuries in today's game and we should be favourites of winning!

Just rewatched RTS winning the Daly M and still shed a tear again. Also shed a tear on weekend when Rocco scored and it looked like we were progressing. I am so invested I can't comprehend the dream not coming true

This was an impressive win. In previous years it would have been a recipe for a hiding. An away game on a Friday night in front of a big crowd to celebrate a milestone for one of the hometown guys.

The form the team was in around around this time was impressive. If were in this form leading into the semi's the "Can we win it this tear" thread would be a yes. We would make every team work to beat us.

They defended well. Grinded well with teams and came home strong in the second half.

I feel like the last 6-7 weeks we have been getting it done but out of form. After the last few games it feels like we are hitting form at the right time. Penrith jolted us out of whatever mood we were in. I think we can beat broncs this week. With both teams playing to potential it could go either way. so 50/50 for me, whoever wants it more...

Back