TeamList Warriors vs Titans - [Round 8, 2024]

Good to see Walker back. Even though he is fit and experienced it will still likely going to be a case of building up his minutes. Hopefully a 10-15 minutes before half time to give us a lift in tempo.

Laban has been in the side the last few weeks. He gets a good opportunity this week. I hope he tears it up.

Also good to see Zyon Maiu’u debuting.

Big Laban to start. Hope he has a fucking blinder
I wouldn't say this to him personally but in my view the whole game rests on him

If he is a revelation we win
If he plays like he is whet behind the ears and commits errors we lose
I see his performance as pivotal
If he plays somewhere in the middle with a solid performance that will work too.

I wouldn't say this to him personally but in my view the whole game rests on him

If he plays somewhere in the middle with a solid performance that will work too.
I can't see him going poorly, he's been one of the most consistent in reserve grade and is always pissed at himself whenever he makes an error and tries to do better, has a great attitude.

I can't see him going poorly, he's been one of the most consistent in reserve grade and is always pissed at himself whenever he makes an error and tries to do better, has a great attitude.
I was a gun table tennis player in high school and played competitive table tennis. I could beat more flamboyant players comfortably as I eliminated all errors from my game. Yes sorry for that tangent it is my way of saying I admire sportspeople who take the errors out of their game at the expense of flair even potentially. For example when I watch Laban he never tries for a quick PTB. Sure he is quick to his feet but once he is standing he slows down and makes sure he rakes it back safely and securely. That feature of his play and attention to detail impresses me immensely. This club reputably made a strategic decision to let a strong player in curran walk away as we knew apparently we had youth coming through. He is part of that youth. In every way he is going to be a better player than Curran will ever be. It is so exciting to have Laban in the team. A real thinking player with a very very very high sporting IQ for his age and experience.

I get what you mean. We are desperately lacking xfactor and Laban getting over Fafita would go a long way to a win.

I get what you mean. We are desperately lacking xfactor and Laban getting over Fafita would go a long way to a win.
We also can't afford conversely for him to get pawned by Fafita. So I see him as pivotal. He just needs a solid performance. Doesn't need 6 Dally M points. But he will need his best outing so far he has put together in first grade.

We also can't afford conversely for him to get pawned by Fafita. So I see him as pivotal. He just needs a solid performance. Doesn't need 6 Dally M points. But he will need his best outing so far he has put together in first grade.
Just containing him will be huge achievement, I don't expect Jake to outplay Fifita in first starting game, let's be realistic. Could happen though Wrighty.

Back