General NSW Cup 2024

Hopefully I am back in town after picking the kids from the Bay of Plenty next week.

Keen to go to the game at North Harbour next week.

The kids enjoyed it last year free entry and dad feeds them with hot dogs and chips while they sit around and see all of the NRL players in the grandstands watching their club mates.

Here are some interesting numbers

NSW Cup 2024
Zyon Maiu’u 4 Games 328 metres 82 metres per game 90.2% tackle efficiency
TSS 6 Games 489 metres 81 metres per game 91% tackle efficienct

Ouch, that Kosi error is the stuff of nightmares. Would have been a 7 tackle set, and probably the game. He is usually safe too. Lovely move from Kali at the end, and that first deft pass from Tuaupiki was nice. Ali looks beastly as. In the highlights the backline movements looked as sideways as the FG side.

Cheers for posting the vid.

Ouch, that Kosi error is the stuff of nightmares. Would have been a 7 tackle set, and probably the game. He is usually safe too. Lovely move from Kali at the end, and that first deft pass from Tuaupiki was nice. Ali looks beastly as. In the highlights the backline movements looked as sideways as the FG side.

Cheers for posting the vid.
Interesting seeing Kalani Going playing second row I thought. Wonder if they’d play him on an edge if Ford is injured? Similar stature, could keep Laban on the bench for impact with his size and to cover front row edge cover?

Interesting seeing Kalani Going playing second row I thought. Wonder if they’d play him on an edge if Ford is injured? Similar stature, could keep Laban on the bench for impact with his size and to cover front row edge cover?
I like Going. No frills type player but looks really reliable and tough. I actually wouldn't have been upset to see him on the bench against the dragons.

I might be alone in this one, but I rate Sio Kali's potential higher than Ali Leiataua.

I just feel like Ali at times can be a bit of a weight bully. At this level he's obviously super destructive. But he's not overly fast and does rely on his size/strength alot. I feel like that is easy to gameplan against at the next level. I wonder if he has the work rate to eventually move to second row

Kali's feet are amazing. That try last week. Just incredible balance. Super quick as well. Then setting up the match winner this week. He's just been so injury prone who knows what his development curve will look like if he can't stay injury free. Still only 18 though.