NRL NRL Draw 2024

I find it very unlikely that we will be playing a home game on ANZAC day - being a Thursday.

As Cam George indicated, we were happy to host a home game in the ANZAC round.

Thursday will still be Roosters v Dragons early and Melbourne v someone late.

The salty comments about Melbourne not wanting to share are ridiculous and wrong.

Personally, I'm a bit pissed we have given up a showpiece fixture.

I find it very unlikely that we will be playing a home game on ANZAC day - being a Thursday.

The salty comments about Melbourne not wanting to share are ridiculous and wrong.

I think, given how long it's been going on, it should be Storm v Warriors as the late game.
Isn't tradition something that's being going on a fair while? Storm v Warriors certainly fits that and as shitty as the 10-70 was and as shitty as some of the other ANZAC games have been, the crowd at Melbourne, which obviously includes a fair whack of New Zealanders, Warriors fans or not, surely justifies keeping that going.
Not that I'm complaining, if that's what the clubs want to do, whatever, I'm sure Mr Webster and his assistants'll have the boys ready to be Top 4 in 2024 anyway :)

It would be totally reasonable for that fixture to rotate between the two cities - which Melbourne refused because it sold so well for them.

And it's a fixture we've been totally shafted with scheduling on 1. playing late, on irregular days, with short turn arounds to the next games.
Saltiness warranted I reckon as much as I love the tradition.

It would be totally reasonable for that fixture to rotate between the two cities - which Melbourne refused because it sold so well for them.

And it's a fixture we've been totally shafted with scheduling on 1. playing late, on irregular days, with short turn arounds to the next games.

I don't understand how the fixture could possibly be rotated.

Presumably you aren't suggesting the game be played at 9.50pm on a Tuesday in Auckland.

Easy to say "it should be rotated"

Let's hear how you think it should work?

I hope they sort out the timings of teams byes and when they play a team twice. We played the Knights and Cowboys twice in the first 7 rounds last season. And the Broncos had their first bye in round 16 while the Titans were having their third in the same round. Surely it shouldn't be too difficult to spread out the byes and games were you play a team twice to make it a bit more consistent across the competition?

Last edited:
I don't understand how the fixture could possibly be rotated.

Presumably you aren't suggesting the game be played at 9.50pm on a Tuesday in Auckland.

Easy to say "it should be rotated"

Let's hear how you think it should work?
If this game can't be rotated how can we host home games?
Its a public holiday in both countries...

Switch the time slot with Dragons Roosters which was 4.05pm Sydney time

a 8pm NZT start would still be prime time in Melbourne or Sydney

Not sure why people think this game is a "tradition". We have been playing the Storm on ANZAC day since 2009. Hardly long enough to be considered a "tradition". It is a fixture that has been manufactured by the NRL to benefit only one club that being the Storm. Before 2009 I do not think we even played on ANZAC day.

Not sure why people think this game is a "tradition". We have been playing the Storm on ANZAC day since 2009. Hardly long enough to be considered a "tradition". It is a fixture that has been manufactured by the NRL to benefit only one club that being the Storm. Before 2009 I do not think we even played on ANZAC day.
How do traditions begin exactly?

How many other games do we have where we know the exact round and day it will be played?
Its been a fixture 13 times.

It's totally not unreasonable for it to be shared between us and the storm.

How do traditions begin exactly?

How many other games do we have where we know the exact round and day it will be played?
Its been a fixture 13 times.

It's totally not unreasonable for it to be shared between us and the storm.
I believe we had a tradition of not playing on ANZAC day for 16 years so we are just going back to that. With the "share" it was never shared between us and the Storm it was all about the Storm. We should not be here to help out the Storm coffers. Cameron George has been constantly asking for the ANZAC game to be shared.

“Trying day and night to get more and more content here, sometimes it just falls on deaf ears. I’ve spoken all about Anzac Day but Melbourne Storm seem to think that they own Anzac Day.

The Storm can go fuck themselves with that attitude so kudos to the club for getting us out of it.

I believe we had a tradition of not playing on ANZAC day for 16 years so we are just going back to that. With the "share" it was never shared between us and the Storm it was all about the Storm. We should not be here to help out the Storm coffers. Cameron George has been constantly asking for the ANZAC game to be shared.

“Trying day and night to get more and more content here, sometimes it just falls on deaf ears. I’ve spoken all about Anzac Day but Melbourne Storm seem to think that they own Anzac Day.

The Storm can go fuck themselves with that attitude so kudos to the club for getting us out of it.
I agree, fuck the storm & their unwillingness to share it... but it was a traditional game each year & a shame they chose to be dicks about it.
Being the only NZ based team gives the game its gravitas obviously.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 6.17.46 PM.png

Might actually win one too!
I thought nz v Canberra was a good idea and maybe Melbourne v brisbane but whatever- happy with this.
Canberra would have been a nice option.

I wonder if the Warriors are now hoping to host Anzac every year, so they've gone with a team that will happily just turn up and don't have any real aspirations to host it themselves?

Back