General Rd 20 - MoM vs Knights/Post game talk...

Who was your man of the match?

• Total voters

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Well, that's very likely the end of the season. What an absolutely inept performance in the 2nd half. Full credit to the Knights, played very well with a superb kicking game and totally deserved the win.

eX | Machina

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2012
Brisbane
MOM is Awen Guttenbeil's quote in reference to Konrad Hurrell "All he needs now is a blow and a kiss and he'll be sweet" highlight of my night!

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2012
pathetic loss.. -50 points to our wingers.. we missed Manu big time.. he would've been the guy to get us out of that hole we dug ourselves in to..

I can't even remember who was good because i was so fucking angry.. Ben was good again i think? and friend?, Mateo great in the first half.. who cares though..one of the most embarrassing losses i can recall..

Reactions: warriors#7

BA-AD Luck

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Disgraceful. Don't know who to blame, but I blame a lack of explicit speed and cover support. One dimensional when on the defensive, absolutely pathetic cowardness shown by the boys. Directionless and gutless. No one wanted to take the blame for that loss. Sam Lousi, Matulino, Packer, Friend and Mateo aside absolutely disgraceful. Who stepped up, the three men on the bench, why Bluey?

Danpatmac

i'm so angry I could write a huge autopsy, but who gives a fuck, the season is gone.

*Anyone who still doubts nathan friend and his quality is a spastic.
*Matulino, Mateo and Packer cannot all be off the field at the same time, it's suicide.
*Sione Lousi loves to ignore space and gaps and run straight at defenders.
*We show a consistent lack of intelligence in our decision making and our ability to be resilient.
*Tupou is not first grade quality he is abysmal and he can have as good an attitude as you like, but at best he is a NSW cup bench backrower.
*Hurrell is unfit.
*Lillyman is not good enough to carry the 2nd unit.
*We need a second ballplayer in the middle of the field, someone who is experienced and smart.
*Our juniors are not the answer, they will provide us with a conveyor belt of journeymen that will do a job but we must look to also balance this with quality signings from other clubs... our arrogance about our juniors is looking retarded.
*Ben Henry will never have the physicality to play in the forwards and is a defensive player 100%, with the arrival of neilsen I worry that our attack will be even worse next year. Henry can tackle and that is it.
*Micheal Luck's injuries have hurt us beyond comprehension.
*Sam Rapira's injuries have also been massive.
*Johnson seems to just 'hit and hope' in his long field kicks.... we are in trouble in 2013.
*I hate Bluey McLennan and I have no faith in him whatsoever.
*We will not make the 8.

3 Nathan friend MOM
2 Mannering - can hold his head up
1 Matulino

Also...

If our kickers have such good 'length' how come we never try for 40/20s?

smac19

NSW Cup Player
May 18, 2012
SJ & MALONEY again for mine went AWOL...shoukld be controlling the play...inept 5th tackle options..pathetic

seriously 1000 x already

WTF is tupou doin in 1st grade
Sione Lousi still 4 mine does SFA on attack for a big bugga

disgraceful

Reactions: Jah

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Why on EARTH did we continue to bomb to their wingers and fullback? They didn't drop one all night!! All of our tries came through running the ball, and over the past few weeks we've been forcing repeat sets with grubbers. So why the FUCK, without Manu in the side, did we continue to bomb their superior outside backs?! Two of our attacking bombs led directly to tries to them! Tupou isn't renowned for doing anything in the air and Slimey looked so horribly out of his depth it wasn't funny. Yet we continued with this absolutely ridiculous play, WHY!!!!

Danpatmac

i
I actually thought mannering was poor. he got the ball way too much and did nothing with it. He is 2009 Michael Luck reincarnate.. his defense might be good but his attack is woeful and was at its worst in this game.. imo

I am looking solely at his defense which was excellent around some dismal efforts either side of him.

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
I don't know where the hell to start with a postmortem for that match. We obviously know what to do, or we wouldn't have gotten off to such a blinder of a start, and then it just all turns to pus when we don't have the ball.

Absolute inept defence on the wings - so many times they were both guilty of heading infield while watching what was happening with the ball carrier that they left their opposite completely unmarked. Newcastle could easily have scored half a dozen more ties on the wings alone if offloads had gone out wide. Who is responsible for this happening? It's gone on year after year, regardless of who plays or who coaches them. I don't know what the hell these guys are doing in practice, but it sure as hell doesn't seem to have anything to do with what they should be doing during the game.

Everyone talks about defence being about attitude, and it's damn near proving our undoing as we see players charging around instead of staying in place... the most basic aspect of defence is actually having men in position to make the tackle in the first place. When we have a defensive line that holds position we snuff out one attack after another, but time and again we have a third man running to try and effect the tackle going to ground instead of staying put - let the damned offload happen for all I care, if the rest of the players are in place then the attack goes nowhere. We saw horrible, horrible bullshit tonight.

Once our starting props and Mateo went off, we had virtually zero go forward. Entire sets were played where neither prop even even got the ball - what the hell is up with that?

MOM Matulino and Packer. Great to see Sam Lousi on the field, pity he'd already played a match today and was probably too tired to be used much. Anyone else notice how Halligan insisted on using the phrase 'a big human' for him? Yeah, kind of noticed he was the same species as the rest of the team thanks Chook. By the end of the game we were all calling Sam "The Human".

Reactions: ToiletDuck

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
fark man of the match

Bluey piss of back to the Super League

Bill Tupou is the worst wing in the comp.been saying it for ages,still guys defended him guess people like mud
Benry aint a center, isnt a 1st grader
Elijah Taylor is a squad filler at best,other than his 40 3rd man in tackles he brings nothing of value

Yet these 3 players get picked every week,get huge mins for little production...its clear to me they already at there maxium level of talent,which aint much to write home about ..theres no getting better for these 3 guys

Reactions: AttilaTheGorilla

Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
May 29, 2012
Sydney
Why on EARTH did we continue to bomb to their wingers and fullback? They didn't drop one all night!! All of our tries came through running the ball, and over the past few weeks we've been forcing repeat sets with grubbers. So why the FUCK, without Manu in the side, did we continue to bomb their superior outside backs?! Two of our attacking bombs led directly to tries to them! Tupou isn't renowned for doing anything in the air and Slimey looked so horribly out of his depth it wasn't funny. Yet we continued with this absolutely ridiculous play, WHY!!!!

THIS.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
SJ & MALONEY again for mine went AWOL...shoukld be controlling the play...inept 5th tackle options..pathetic

seriously 1000 x already

WTF is tupou doin in 1st grade
Sione Lousi still 4 mine does SFA on attack for a big bugga

disgraceful
I thought Sam showed more in the 5 mins he was on than Sione has done all year....

We need wingers and another centre please Owen..don't listen to Bluey that we are we good with what we already have

eX | Machina

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2012
Brisbane
i'm so angry I could write a huge autopsy, but who gives a fuck, the season is gone.

I agree with some of your comment

*Anyone who still doubts nathan friend and his quality is a spastic.
*Matulino, Mateo and Packer cannot all be off the field at the same time, it's suicide. <<<<<<< This is big
*Sione Lousi loves to ignore space and gaps and run straight at defenders.
*We show a consistent lack of intelligence in our decision making and our ability to be resilient.
*Tupou is not first grade quality he is abysmal and he can have as good an attitude as you like, but at best he is a NSW cup bench backrower.
*Hurrell is unfit. The man is not a prop nor should he need to be
*Lillyman is not good enough to carry the 2nd unit.
*We need a second ballplayer in the middle of the field, someone who is experienced and smart. When ?Mateo stays on the field we are sweet
*Our juniors are not the answer, they will provide us with a conveyor belt of journeymen that will do a job but we must look to also balance this with quality signings from other clubs... our arrogance about our juniors is looking retarded.
*Ben Henry will never have the physicality to play in the forwards and is a defensive player 100%, with the arrival of neilsen I worry that our attack will be even worse next year. Henry can tackle and that is it.
*Micheal Luck's injuries have hurt us beyond comprehension. <<<<<< This is big
*Sam Rapira's injuries have also been massive. <<<<< This is big
*Johnson seems to just 'hit and hope' in his long field kicks.... we are in trouble in 2013. Johnson does as he's told. He has the skill, he's just not assertive enough
*I hate Bluey McLennan and I have no faith in him whatsoever. We lack balance with experience/youth as you have stated above^^
*We will not make the 8. We need to win 4 from 6

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings