1. Just a note that the site will be down for a few hours today (18th February). This is due to a migration of the site to another server in preparation for a major upgrade. Some users may not see any downtime at all, really depends on your Internet Service Provider. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Post Match Rd 2: Roosters Beat Warriors 16-14 - Post-match Talk

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by ToiletDuck, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Locke

1.2%
  2. Tupou

1.2%
  3. Hurrell

1.2%
  4. Nielsen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fisiiahi

2.4%
  6. Leuluai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Johnson

14.5%
  8. Sam Rapira

2.4%
  9. Taylor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Matulino

9.6%
  11. Steve Rapira

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Mannering

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Lowrie

13.3%
  14. Godinet

39.8%
  15. Ikahihifo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Lillyman

14.5%
  17. Mateo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Another day, another loss. Losing record extended.

Who was your MoM?

2. Xt1ncT
    Join:
    Apr 29, 2012

Xt1ncT 1st Grade Fringe

Not finished yet but Godinet.

Changed the game.

He's made me change my mind about him. Give him the 9 permanently!

3. sunburywarrior
    Join:
    May 28, 2012

sunburywarrior 1st Grade Fringe

Lowrie....godinet

Taylor was ass and so was mateo...both to the vulcans they go.

4. Buck777
    Join:

Buck777 Guest

5. Zarjaz
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Zarjaz 1st Grade Fringe

thought Matulino was solid… Godinet showed some hunger for the jersey… which was pretty refreshing to see, especially given that some of his team mates were tryin to do everything they could to lose that game.

6. Dino Velvet
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Dino Velvet 1st Grade Fringe

And you can add Hurrell to that list as well - did sweet FA all night.

7. Magic Stick
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Magic Stick 1st Grade Fringe

3 - Lillyman, was outstanding,great workrate and showed real physical intent
    2 - Godinet, changed the game for the Warriors,his defense has improved,class player...should never see marquee boy again
    1 - Matulino, always gives 100%. top 3 prop in the game

Big ups to Neilson,Lowrie,Fish and Johnson

we need a goalkicker

Locke is a worry,his form is pathetic, doesnt look a threat at all,his work off the forwards and sniffing around the middle for chances is non existent

8. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Ive always been apprehensive about godinets defence at hooker but I couldnt care less now. Hes the best hooker available, use him. I dont think ikihahifo and Steve Rapira are up to first grade atm. id like to see the warriors go out and buy an experienced centre to take hurrells place for a while, i think hes a little young and has little brain explosions.

.. and Mannering is a legend on d but he really does need to pass more often. and if hes having a bad game dont be afraid to pull him from the field.. just dont replace him with ikihahifo or rapira :eek:

taylor into the back row

9. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Godinet came on and completely changed the game. He didn't even look like scoring until he popped up. Other contenders are Lillyman, Matulino and Lowie (who was a fecking beast)

In general a pleasing performance for me. We actually looked fairly good in brief snippets, and our fringe D was a lot better.

Firstly, well done Shaun Johnson. I think this was the start of him finding some real form. We saw a lot of promising signs from him tonight, things that haven't been sighted in a long time.

Congrats to Bill Tupou, too. I've been harsh towards him in the past, but he was solid tonight. He even scored a good try. I'm sure all of us that have bagged him hope it's something he can improve on. Even his D looked better, which I'm sure was to do with Nielson on his inside. Worthy of mention is Fish's performance too. He looked to be trying his absolute guts out which had been a problem in the past.

However...

And this is a massive however. Mateo and Mannering had two of the absolute worst fucking performances possible. Particularly Mateo who on THREE separate occasions had an error while we were on the attack. Not only that but he was a liability in general. I would suggest it's time for MR Mateo to piss off to the Vulcans/Penrith. While he might not be an attacking dynamo, I can confidently say Ben Henry would have been more of an asset to the team tonight. Maybe even the difference between the win and loss Mateo basically inflicted on us.

Also, the pressure is on Elliot now. Not so much to keep his job, but rather to punt Taylor from Hooker and make some tough calls relating to Hurrell and Mateo. Regardless of whether Mara comes in or we (foolishly) attempt to have Godinet play 80, Taylor must go. The difference in attack was that massive.

Overall I feel a lot more optimistic this week. We may have lost, but take out two or three bad performances and you've got a pretty decent team performance.

10. Dino Velvet
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

If ET starts at 9 next week, I will have a brain anneurysm !

11. Dino Velvet
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

This.

12. Moz
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Moz 1st Grade Fringe

this wiill do me...

execution may have let us down at times but good to see some heart n hunger out there

13. Magic Stick
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Couldnt agree more, Hurrell needs a long spell in Vulcans also

And Steve Rapira needs to go work down the port,no business playing 1st grade

14. Falcon
    Join:
    May 29, 2012

Falcon 1st Grade Fringe

As long as I see more of the Pita Clap, I'll be happy.

15. MarkW
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

MarkW 1st Grade Fringe

It's not like Taylor isn't trying out there - he's just not a natural in that position. I fail to see why ME should persist with him at 9 after Godinet's performances of late. There is no benefit to the Warriors in developing Taylor as a hooker, even if he does manage to improve.

Here's hoping the Sharks run out of bravado next week so we can get a f'kn win... please!

16. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

Lillyman was a beast. so was Lowrie. Godinet adds plenty on attack but would have been given a serious workout by the Roosters forwards if he played the first 30 minutes, so the last 50 minutes is probably where he is suited.

Mateo has to go, he's just not worth it. Mannering needs to get the hell away from Hurrell, he is screwing up so much front foot ball it's ridiculous, and i'm over the Rapira's.

17. PolarBob
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2012

PolarBob #000000

Better, but keep tinkering away, Matt.

18. 22 BEAST
    Join:
    Apr 25, 2012

22 BEAST Warriors Bench Player

Is Ropati fit?

Godinet gets the points

19. MarkW
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

MarkW 1st Grade Fringe

JRo seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth...

20. Magic Stick
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Mannering kills so many attacks, As bad as Hurrells form has been,we havent see him get any decent ball on attack,and Fish is one of the quickest in the game,but they will see no ball outside Mannering