Post Match 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

With the finger it depends on how severe the dislocation was. They can take six weeks to fully recover.

But he can play with strapping the two middle fingers together. He will definitely get a shot in the buggered finger.

Hopefully he can catch the ball and hold onto it ok, tackling is the other issue hey, but I think with a shot he can pull it off ok.

He won't be the first player to play with one.

The dislocation looked decent on the telly. He was in serious pain there, so I wouldn't guarantee he will be fit, but chances are high that he will be playing.
It's finals. He'll play with his head cut off if he has too 🤣...and give all he has to give!
I think he'll play.

It wasn't a fumble initially, it became one after he missed the first attempt, then pulled it towards in damage control.

Yeah we were operating @ 100% completion for the first 20 definite advantage being so good with ball in hand and also smothering them with the D during that period.
If we play at that level we can beat anyone, horses and cats included.
Anyone else having having a few beers and watching the replay again?
This one is going down in history...

Until next week, then the week after...

Last edited:
That was a statement and brought a tear to my eye at the end with the crowd singing the team song.
All those tough years since 95 evaporated in an instance. To get to this point where we are legit top four and to do it in a season with a new coach is truly remarkable and a credit to all involved.

That was a total team effort and all deserve a 10.

Mr Gee deserves a boot up the arse for another incompetent performance. He's obviously numb from the waist up to not realise the ball had hit him.
Gee had some Barry crockers! He also let us lie all over Newcastle in the second half as well. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us getting him again….and it might not be a bad thing if we want to slow the game

When CNK knocked on the break music was still playing in the stadium, I wonder how much the players hear it - personally it annoys me that they keep playing it one or two seconds into the start of play, they should cut it earlier.

It's finals. He'll play with his head cut off if he has too 🤣...and give all he has to give!
I think he'll play.
Probably, unless as can happen the impact damaged bone in which case it means surgery and he is gone.....

Looking how he got the dislocation I do not think surgery comes into it, his fingers were trapped in clothing and that popped the joint out, bit different to being hit by a basketball for example on the tip of the finger at full power (had that happen, not pretty, joint looks busted thirty years later).

I would give him a chance of playing in the ninety percentile on my guessometer.

Gee had some Barry crockers! He also let us lie all over Newcastle in the second half as well. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us getting him again….and it might not be a bad thing if we want to slow the game
It was interesting, we didn't adjust to the finals ruck in week one and Penrith just lay all over us for no calls killing any momentum. Seems we learnt last night and killed Newcastle's ruck, maybe it helped having Gee two weeks in a row?

Is it home ground bias? Is it game dominance bias even if the other team has momentum in the tackle/set?

Be surprising if we get Gee three weeks in a row, have a feeling it will be Klein. But if it's gee will be very interesting to watch the ruck and see how it plays out.

Having watched the replay I noticed CNK has introduced a bit of a dummy pass in this game. Saw it a few times when he was running in near the middles and thought that was SJ :ROFLMAO:

Also that pop pass - the one he did to DWZ for his try was absolutely perfect

Luckily he did not have to make too many tackles so gassed up all his energy on running m instead...

The guy is the quiet achiever, and doesnt get anywhere near the level recognition deserved last night. Especially from the commentators.

If I had to pick a MOM - CNK
Honorable second's - Tohu Harris, SJ, Egan
I was fucking gutted when Charnze went to canberra, he has come back a well rounded player. He is up there with the best full backs we have had and will no doubt leave the club as the best we have had. He has made a massive difference to how that back line functions and is a beast on defence.

MOM for me as well

I noticed it too and thought was a bit weird, or he needed treatment, or he needed a poo...

He was also dressed and had a bag on during the team song...
I forget which try near the end but the whole team was in a huddle and he was at our try line by himself. It was super weird.

Here you go Wrighty:

You have to say that was poor play by the Knights winger. They had managed to slide enough to have it covered and he turned in leaving our winger free.

Similar to DWZ taking a step in for no reason on the knights try.

I know it's easy to comment watching from the couch but the strong defensive teams line the Panthers gave that faith in there systems and trust in their players that shuts down plays like that.

Broncos are going to be throwing a lot more at us and will defend better than that too.

I forget which try near the end but the whole team was in a huddle and he was at our try line by himself. It was super weird.
He doesn't seem like a "throw your toys out the tot" type of person and tbh there wasn't really an award he could've had in the bag. Possibly clubman of the year would've been his closest chance but other than that Shaun Johnson had everything else locked up that he was in the running for. Unluckily he was second best in all the categories Shaun excelled in. If they had a forward of the year award then sure i can see him packing a sad.

Similar to DWZ taking a step in for no reason on the knights try.

I know it's easy to comment watching from the couch but the strong defensive teams line the Panthers gave that faith in there systems and trust in their players that shuts down plays like that.

Broncos are going to be throwing a lot more at us and will defend better than that too.
It’s been frustrating as hell watching Dallin do that all year. Makes you wonder if the coaching staff even bother to try fixing that.

It’s been frustrating as hell watching Dallin do that all year. Makes you wonder if the coaching staff even bother to try fixing that.
I felt like he had worked on that. For a run of games we were seeing good reads and no errors from him but then maybe it was the quality of opposition we were up against and now the better ones are throwing more at us

He doesn't seem like a "throw your toys out the tot" type of person and tbh there wasn't really an award he could've had in the bag. Possibly clubman of the year would've been his closest chance but other than that Shaun Johnson had everything else locked up that he was in the running for. Unluckily he was second best in all the categories Shaun excelled in. If they had a forward of the year award then sure i can see him packing a sad.
He will win Dally M prop of the year so it's all good.

I wouldn't be critical of the coaching staff.
More likely DWZ has lost a bit of confidence in his inside defensive centers.
Last night's game should have rectified that.
Some habits are hard to break.
Continuity of the selection process is a major influence on outcomes.
I have stated here before that messing with combos at this time of the season is fraught with danger 😳

Someone mentioned midweek that AFB was salty that he didn't get any awards at the Warriors night.
I thought nothing of it. But found it interesting how little game time he played last night. Again thought nothing of it. Probably load management ahead of a big game next week.
But I noticed he went straight back to the in goal after one of our tries in the last 20 mins and didn't go into the group huddle at half way.
Then at full-time, about 2 mins after, even before the Winning song was song, he ran up the tunnel and didn't celebrate with everyone.

Tell me I'm reading too much into it 😳
Just in general, the media is dick riding SJ to hard and I’m the biggest SJ fan and bought his 200 game t shirt and everything. I’ve watched plenty of interviews all year with players they all get asked about how good SJ is going and this and that. I can see how it could be frustrating for a guy like AFB putting in monster efforts and the media making it all about SJ. Every interview from different tv networks/radio networks with tohu and a few other players yesterday they were asked about SJ. There’s plenty of blokes busting ass this year to get us the wins not just SJ as some of the media make it out to be. Just my thoughts coming from an SJ fan even in the shit years.

Back