Sports WWE / Wrestling

Beastmode

Contributor
How nuts is it that Adesanya lost to Strickland ???

Didn’t see the fight but listened to the post fight and a few other Strickland interviews

The guy is a complete and utter basket case

There’s no censorship or moral integrity with this person. Which is really dangerous because he now has a huge platform to do widespread damage to young influential minds

The fact he can openly talk about murder and killing people with no censorship from the platforms interviewing him, so they get more clicks, shows how dysfunctional our society has become

I hope Adesanya gets his rematch and wipes his arse clean

Yeah I got up at 5am in England to watch it....he fought well and unsettled Izzy but there was deffo something off with Adesanya's performance for sure.

Also, yes Strickland is an absolute mad man. Consistently crosses the boundaries with sexist and racist remarks.

Also, why the f did you lump UFC and Wrestling in to the same bracket lol.

Israel did almost nothing the whole fight. I'm assuming he wasn't fully fit or something.

As for UFC & Wrestling together, well it is quite timely as they are now officially under the same corporate umbrella as of this week ;)

Strickland had the perfect game plan, pressure to take Izzy’s kicks away and force him to press the action. Izzy is a great counter puncher but Sean was the one doing the countering. But yeah Sean’s a nut case but he’s a character and the ufc will be seeing dollar signs

Strickland had the perfect game plan, pressure to take Izzy’s kicks away and force him to press the action. Izzy is a great counter puncher but Sean was the one doing the countering. But yeah Sean’s a nut case but he’s a character and the ufc will be seeing dollar signs

He’ll have a cult following for sure

Like the Diaz brothers

Problem is, if he goes about talking openly about wanting to inflict violence and murder on his bucket list of things to do, he’s gonna get cancelled or end up in jail pretty dam quick

The interview with Nelk boys and Rogan was really WTF? 😳

The lack or media censorship today is going to be the downfall of society

How nuts is it that Adesanya lost to Strickland ???

Didn’t see the fight but listened to the post fight and a few other Strickland interviews

The guy is a complete and utter basket case

There’s no censorship or moral integrity with this person. Which is really dangerous because he now has a huge platform to do widespread damage to young influential minds

The fact he can openly talk about murder and killing people with no censorship from the platforms interviewing him, so they get more clicks, shows how dysfunctional our society has become

I hope Adesanya gets his rematch and wipes his arse clean
I didn't buy the fight because of that bad loss to Pereira but if you've watched Strickland's other fights, his style is a problem for Israel. Strickland looks like he's plodding forward but he's just moving in enough to sit on the end of the opponents punching range. He uses jabs and feints to draw out a counter from his opponent which he then counters. He doesn't fully commit to the initial attack, you need a LOT of patience and confidence to carry that through a whole fight and not over extend yourself after landing something significant like Strickland did in the first round. Even then, Izzy was so hurt that Strickland should've finished him then but lost his composure and lost the second round as a result. I don't think there was anything wrong with Izzy initially, he just got rocked and couldn't fully recover. It happens.

Offensive counter fighting isn't a style that works against a pressure fighter because in my experience, fighters like Strickland aren't true counter fighters that can fight well off the back foot. Sitting on the end of your opponents punching range also has you too close to them if they're elite wrestlers. Usman bitched Strickland in both departments. Izzy has the better reach too, he just wasn't powerful enough to keep Strickland off him and Strickland wasn't walking into anything so that nullified Izzy's game. Izzy was still buzzed anyway.

I'm not a fan of immediate rematches in any fight sport unless there's special circumstances. Izzy and Strickland are both considered active fighters and fight 3 times a year. A rematch will be likely set for the end of the year or early next year so realistically, the next challenger will get a shot in the middle of next year sometime. If the winner of the immediate rematch gets injured, the whole division could be on hold for 12 months or more. Most of the best fighters in that division are already in their 30s, time's not on their side. It's on the champion to get it the first time IMO.

I haven't watched Strickland's interviews, he sounds like damaged goods. He asked to train with Pereira after being knocked out by him, that shows some humility. Massive size difference between the two, Alex is 6'4 and Sean is 6'1 supposedly. Someone's lying about their height:

1694579600280.png

Last edited:
Even then, Izzy was so hurt that Strickland should've finished him then but lost his composure and lost the second round as a result. I don't think there was anything wrong with Izzy initially, he just got rocked and couldn't fully recover. It happens.
I heard Izzy was concussed in the first round hence the poor showing for the rest of the right.

Lost it in round 1 but held on for the rest of the fight.

Not sure how up-to-date you guys are with AEW but Sting will retire early next year. Looking like Ric Flair could be his last match 😲
Watch it weekly. It’s not perfect, but it got me back into watching wrestling, I hadn’t followed religiously since WWE’s ruthless agression era.

I would hate to see Ric in the ring again, and I hope to god Tony Khan doesn’t book that match.

IMO it should be Sting vs Darby Allin.

Side note - how good is Jay White? Fucken great to see a Kiwi be a top star in a top-2 wrestling organisation. He was a star in NJPW, and WWE were gunning to sign him earlier this year too.

And hardly anyone here in NZ knows who he is, probably 😂

Watch it weekly. It’s not perfect, but it got me back into watching wrestling, I hadn’t followed religiously since WWE’s ruthless agression era.

I would hate to see Ric in the ring again, and I hope to god Tony Khan doesn’t book that match.

IMO it should be Sting vs Darby Allin.

Side note - how good is Jay White? Fucken great to see a Kiwi be a top star in a top-2 wrestling organisation. He was a star in NJPW, and WWE were gunning to sign him earlier this year too.

And hardly anyone here in NZ knows who he is, probably 😂
Jay White's good... but Dakota Kai is better :love::ROFLMAO:

FIrst I saw Jay White was at the New Japan show they held in Auckland in 2016 - can't remember who he wrestled but he was pretty impressive even way back then (was a classic babyface, no sign of the filthy dirty bastard he is these days hah!)

Did anyone here go to that by the way? Was a pretty fun show, had the likes of Kenny Omega, Young Bucks, Okada, Tanahashi, Haku & his boys, Bobby Fish, Dalton Castle, and a bunch of kiwis getting a chance in front of home fans against some of the other Japanese stars.
I won't pretend to know who half the wrestlers at the show were, but it was pretty cool seeing a New Japan Pro Wrestling product in NZ after growing up reading about them in the magazines and my brother doing the classic tape trades in the late 90s to see classics like Muta and Shinya Hashimoto in their prime.

I like Jay White yeah. Speaking of Kiwis (although she moved at an early age) Toni Storm is superb with this new gimmick.

After re-watching the Dark Side of the Ring for the Slap Heard Around the World. I've been on a bit of a David Shultz kick.

A pretty fascintating guy. Can see the Stone Cold comparisons people make. A pity he was blackballed from the WWF due to the John Stossel slap and an incident with Mr T in the build up to Wrestlemania.

He was ended up becoming a Bounty Hunter. There are a couple of clips from the Morton Downey Jr show with him on it about wrestling and also bounty hunting. Man some of the things on those shows wouldn't be allowed today.

This clip is one I saw years ago I found hilarious. Shultz showing off his guns, McMahon ducking every time he moves the guns in front of him.

View: https://youtu.be/_vINCGMI_wA

The other hilarious thing with Shultz is he was trained by a guy from the real early days of pro wrestling.

A lot of guys complain the training was a lot of conditioning, or work as the guy training them has a scam where the trainees do up their house. Or they get beaten up a bit.

The guy training Shultz really taught his guys how to take care of themselves and beat them up. Then if they can handle it he will smarten them up about the business.

The problem is he didn't smarten up Shultz before his first match.

Guys complain to his trainer that they can't work with this guy he will hurt us. His trainer tells David your hurting guys, your using the holds I taught you on them. Shultz well that is what you taught me. Typically guys figure out things are not on the up and up before then.

The allegations that caused Vince McMahon out of the WWE a few years ago have come out again. This time with more details and legal documents.

A warning depending on your sensibilities these are pretty graphic in points. Or maybe disgusting may be a better word.

This one is an article on it.

This one has the legal document.

The woman making the allegations wasn't questioned when the WWE did their investigation a few years ago which isn't a good look for the management that took over at the time.

Back