Social The username thread

I got caught in the headlights when I first registered and just used an attacking rugby move that That Guy (off Sportscafe) used to try to convince the All Blacks he interviewed to try it out in a game. It was basically doing a bomb when you are on your own try line, to surprise the opposition, and turn it into an attack and score at the other end.

I've wanted to change the name for a while but can't be bothered

One of a few names that I used for chat rooms back when we first got a computer in 97.

Had an unfortunate haircut that year (5th form at high school) that wasn't the cool looking undercut I was hoping for, where my mates lovingly dubbed me Mush/Mushie (from initial "Little Mushroom Head" 😅).

Added the "Evil" to sound edgy (and "Mush" was already taken), and have stuck with it for various forums over the years since.

When I was young I used to roar around the place a lot bouncing off walls (before ADHD was invented)

The old man came up with the nickname first.

First name Richard, mother was Irish hence Ricochet became Rick O'Shay.
Mine is boring as. My name shortened.
All I could think of at the time.
I have tried to put in a new one but have to wait until 1st October.
Will be a doozy.
Who knows we may be champions by then.
Here's hoping and good luck boys

David McKay is not my real name it's always been my writer's pen name. I loved writing ever since I was a kid, wrote over 1000 pages plus for what started as a Social Studies project just turned into one very long one. That was in the mid-80s with no computers about, so I had to use paper. Still love writing on paper sometimes. When I had pocket money I either brought a lot of pads and pens, and then Doctor Who books and famous five. I wanted to be a writer, especially in science fiction or just fiction.

I always wrote David McKay as my main character. I wanted to be him growing up. My alter ego so to speak. I wanted to be a sports star like I wrote him as, either Rugby, League, Cricketer. Or a hero of my stories.

And 1974 is the year I was born, so I used that as well.

David McKay is not my real name it's always been my writer's pen name. I loved writing ever since I was a kid, wrote over 1000 pages plus for what started as a Social Studies project just turned into one very long one. That was in the mid-80s with no computers about, so I had to use paper. Still love writing on paper sometimes. When I had pocket money I either brought a lot of pads and pens, and then Doctor Who books and famous five. I wanted to be a writer, especially in science fiction or just fiction.

I always wrote David McKay as my main character. I wanted to be him growing up. My alter ego so to speak. I wanted to be a sports star like I wrote him as, either Rugby, League, Cricketer. Or a hero of my stories.

And 1974 is the year I was born, so I used that as well.
My son's 11 and 8 are reading the mystery of the burnt cottage "the find outers". They are finding the language interesting from the different generations.

IMG_5377.jpeg

don’t need to elaborate on this do I?

Thought that was Trev?
Aha, a trainspotter:D...
The Trevors are Fred's sons, all 7 of them are called Trev
However Fred often refers to his friend Bruce Bayliss
I first came to mention in a Victoria University review about 1970.
The audio tape of that show has a cult following and I don't know where one can be found now.
In the review I had to make a phone call to Trev's mother to borrow Trev's car, because I had rolled my car with all our mates in it going down the Wainuiomata Hill.
I introduced myself as Trevs friend Bruce.
The skit is hilarious, typical of John Clarke's genius.
I think it may have been his first public outing.

My first name is Phillip - hence Philsy (my cousins called me that), SH35 stands for state highway 35 which leads to the greatest place in Gods own paradise where I was raised - Waihau Bay, Cape Runaway - Whangaparaoa. Dam all sorts here on the forum - too much - WAhz hard since 95
SH35 represent. Uawa, Toko, Turanga, Patutahi, Waituhi are my Tairawhiti and Turanganui connections.

Back