Team List Rd 10 vs Roosters Official Team - Mara in!

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
Have just tidied up the thread title - can people please try and keep it in a nice format, as these may be promoted to the front page and be read elsewhere on the internet.

Cheers,

LM

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent use of the prefix there grevus!

Surprised to see Mara actually, I thought Godinet would get the nod. Excited to see him play though, you get the feeling the next few weeks will really be make or break for him - he's been around for a few years now.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
wasnt to sure if it was supposed to go here on into Warriors News so thought i would keep it focused on the change to the team - that being Mara.

Personally i have high hopes for this kid but feel we put way to much expectation on our young guns and seriously need a serious feeder competition above and beyond the NSW cup

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
wasnt to sure if it was supposed to go here on into Warriors News so thought i would keep it focused on the change to the team - that being Mara.

Personally i have high hopes for this kid but feel we put way to much expectation on our young guns and seriously need a serious feeder competition above and beyond the NSW cup

All good. Usually if it appears again in News Section and people comment we will just merge them together.

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah good team, I think it is a better option for Mara to come in as key hooker, Godinet hasnt really played alot of Hooker where as thats Mara's role. Although I am worried about his game time, I think we could see a 50/50 split with Brown.

Sam "Ladies Man" Rapira is due back this or next week? Tai'i has been a bit of a no show this year unfortunetly.

Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah good team, I think it is a better option for Mara to come in as key hooker, Godinet hasnt really played alot of Hooker where as thats Mara's role. Although I am worried about his game time, I think we could see a 50/50 split with Brown.

Sam "Ladies Man" Rapira is due back this or next week? Tai'i has been a bit of a no show this year unfortunetly.
Ta'ai did run for an all important 18 metres last weekend..

It's a good team though.. i'm glad Mara has slotted in.. i'm eager to see how he goes

Reaction score
TAARGUS TAARGUS

TAARGUS TAARGUS

U20's Player
Reaction score
Excellent use of the prefix there grevus!

Surprised to see Mara actually, I thought Godinet would get the nod. Excited to see him play though, you get the feeling the next few weeks will really be make or break for him - he's been around for a few years now.
I'm surprised too. Hasn't Mara only had one game back since injury? He must've have impressed in the Vulcans last week, he scored a try if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ta'ai did run for an all important 18 metres last weekend..

It's a good team though.. i'm glad Mara has slotted in.. i'm eager to see how he goes
Seriously, why the fuck is Tai'ai still there? We'd get so much more out of Godinet on the bench and playing the last 10 minutes of a half.

As for Mara...should be interesting to see what he can do. I imagine that this stint is probably last chance saloon for him getting a more permanent gig in the NRL. Hopefully he's up to it, because he was GUN in the u20's. Guess this means Brown will be slotting in at hooker to give Mara some relief too?

Anyway, apart from Tai'ai being included, no complaints. Very relieved that apparently Hurrell's bum shoulder and Mannering's niggle from last week have proved to be nothing too bad.

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
I'm excited for Mara, that's probably the way I'd run it too. With TL coming next year and Godinet around as well, this is probably make or break time for him. 6 weeks to prove his long term worth. No pressure Alehana...

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Mara has a task ahead alright.

Last year if he was given six weeks to prove himself he might have edged out Heremaia.

Friends last appearance...coming off a Good win too......might mean that ,even if Mara is top drawer, in a six week unbeaten run, there is no guarantee he stays when the eighty minute / hard nut from Aus returns.

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score

Last year if he was given six weeks to prove himself he might have edged out Heremaia.

Friends last appearance...coming off a Good win too......even if Mara is top drawer, in a six week unbeaten run, there is no guarantee he stays when the eighty minute, hard nut from Aus returns.

Agreed. I think Mara would have to be getting about 5 line breaks a game to hold Friend out. The best case scenario (from his point of view) would be to play well enough to be retained on the bench. However, that would involve Bluey changing his mind about a four forward bench, which would have to involve some pretty amazing form.

Reaction score
Warrioz

Warrioz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Liking the look of this team on paper. Obviously the majority of them got the job done last week, but with the injection of Mara it will take away some of the positioning and leadership Friend offers, but gives an awesome chance to a top prospect.

Dirty I can't watch the game, but thinking we should be sweet if we turn up again like last Saturday.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I think hooker is a position where you need a nice long stint to establish yourself. Hell, even Friend is only just beginning to settle in at hooker and he's a true pro.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Seriously, why the fuck is Tai'ai still there? We'd get so much more out of Godinet on the bench and playing the last 10 minutes of a half.

As for Mara...should be interesting to see what he can do. I imagine that this stint is probably last chance saloon for him getting a more permanent gig in the NRL. Hopefully he's up to it, because he was GUN in the u20's. Guess this means Brown will be slotting in at hooker to give Mara some relief too?

Anyway, apart from Tai'ai being included, no complaints. Very relieved that apparently Hurrell's bum shoulder and Mannering's niggle from last week have proved to be nothing too bad.
Yeah Ta'ai is well off form , seems to be getting a lot of Leeway from Bluey....If good can be taken from this...his ball dropping has been less ( could be explained by less hard out running , those meters are pretty sad ) .

Some one mentioned he shut down some Bronco runners last week with good technique....had a look , wrapped up the ball carrier well a couple of times.

Doesn't give away the stupid penalties would be another observation in his favor.

Perhaps with a return to form, he could be better than his previous best.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Those are some very good observations, I did pick up that nice tackle, but not the other stuff. He REALLY needs to pick up the running game though. He's been essentially invisible. I wouldn't be shocked to see one of the Rapira boys take his spot next week.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

Agreed. I think Mara would have to be getting about 5 line breaks a game to hold Friend out. The best case scenario (from his point of view) would be to play well enough to be retained on the bench. However, that would involve Bluey changing his mind about a four forward bench, which would have to involve some pretty amazing form.
Are hookers no longer forwards?
Surely Mara on the bench (if form deserves it when Friend returns) is a good idea?

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
Are hookers no longer forwards?
Surely Mara on the bench (if form deserves it when Friend returns) is a good idea?
Well technically, yes, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Four big boppers.

If Mara being on the bench was a good idea (in Blueys mind) wouldn't have we already seen it this season?

Reaction score

Matt13-1

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Solid team, glad to see Hurrell and Mara there. Hopefully Brown can distribute well when he gets a spell at hooker also.

Really going to miss Friend, hope they really step up.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

Well technically, yes, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Four big boppers.

If Mara being on the bench was a good idea (in Blueys mind) wouldn't have we already seen it this season?
Agreed,

However he hasn't had the first choice rotation of boppers so perhaps has been playing it safe by adding extra muscle to the bench?
When Sam Rapira, Lillyman, Matulino and Packer are back up and running, with Friend and Luck in the starting pack there will be a spot for a back up hooker/energy spark then?

If the fully fit starting pack is :

Matulino
Friend
Lillyman
Mannering
Taylor
Luck

then the bench could easily be

Mara
Packer
Rapira
Mateo

However Brown will probably retain the 14 jersey in that instance... form dependent of course.

Top Bottom