General Rate your Warriors No 9

da mad maori

One of the most important players in the team wears the No 9 jersey.
Now going by what we have had, who do you thing was our best out of the following. Of course I may have missed someone you prefer so just add away

Syd Eru
Jason Death
Duanne Mann
PJ Marsh

I havent added George Gatis, as he and Lance, are new to the role. Only time will tell how they they fair.

JonB_old

Robbie Mears comes to mind. PJ is the man, he was second best to Danny Buederus in 2002. Im not sure I can remember anyone who played so far above there weight.

Chinos_old

pj marsh, pity his career has had so many injuries.
and we cant forget how many penalties betham gave away in the number 9 jersey so he has to be up there. haha no sorry monty you were great.

LeagueNut_old

Robbie Mears, closely followed by PJ Marsh.

Of all the players we lost after the implosion of 2000, Mears is the one player I would have kept.

Robster_old

I think your fans don't remember how great Robert Mears was? he was a strong defender and a fantastic hooker who weaved out of dummyhalf to score bucket loads of tries, He gets the cake.

danco_old

only two, p j marsh who still should be a warrior.
robert mears, nobody else come close to those two/

AliN_old

PJ first for me barring injuries.
Mears, his darts from dummy half were fantastic
Death, good dummy running and great on defence

Bulldog_old

PJ Marsh. If the silly former CEO had any brains and didnt suffer from myopia, PJ would still be here wearing the No.9 jersey.

tezzah_old

Death was a destroyer on defence!
Anyone remember that home game against the Eels when he picked up David Solomona like a B&^%$@\ and dumped him like a leaf???
PJ offered heaps on attack off the back of a great forward pack roll on - also added a great dimension as a half back with a good kicking game!!!
SO PJ closely followed by DR Death

Jesbass_old

Bulldog said:
PJ Marsh. If the silly former CEO had any brains and didnt suffer from myopia, PJ would still be here wearing the No.9 jersey.

And we'd be in even more dire financial straits. I'm sad he left, but there was no point paying for a player who was off the field for more than a season.

Bulldog_old

Jesbass said:
Bulldog said:

And we'd be in even more dire financial straits. I'm sad he left, but there was no point paying for a player who was off the field for more than a season.

...yes, you could be right with regards to finance and its all academic, but the handling of PJ's departure was farcical as it was with some other players who departed. PJ was ready willing and able to play.

da mad maori

You're forgetting Tony Martin then Jess.
But back to the article.
I kinda liked the outlawishness of Syd Eru.

Iafeta_old

PJ Marsh. Unbelievably good player for us.

I still cringe seeing him back in the blue and gold, it shouldn't have ended like that.

warriorsmen_old

well my number one would have had to have been Jason Death then PJ marsh.

death - cum on he had his own fan grandstand lol Death Row

Iafeta_old

The thing is for me, the moment PJ injured his neck to me was like a significant moment in the demise of the Warriors powerhouse.

warriorsmen_old

thats rite the warriors looked to have lost something when pj was out in 2003