Rate the kiwis draft teams

Which dream team do you think would win a tournament?

• Wizard rages team

• Wrightys team

• Warrior55s team

• Wenos team

• Defences team

• Rynos team

Results are only viewable after voting.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Here we have it, the 6 contestant for the Covid-19 Wrighty trophy.

A draft picked team of Kiwi internationals. Please read all lines ups and read the contestants feedback and rate the 6 kiwis draft teams with your favourite lineup and some positive comments or feedback is appreciated.

Up to 3 choices in the poll (top 3 or simply your number 1) and poll votes are confidential

Great passion from all contestants and a special thank you for Wrighty for organinising. Look out for the Warriors draft game starting soon.

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Defences Team

1 RTS
2 SKD
3 Carroll
4 manu
5 Fusitua
6 Filipaina (GK)
7 R Paul
8 JWH
9 H Paul
10 Cayless (C)
11 Pritchard
12 SWB
13 Taukeiaho

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Well I think it’s fair to say any of these teams could beat each other on any given day.

Unless you’re playing my team- then you’re farked ☠👿 It all starts at the top folks and my leadership group is unmatched.

I got the best coach - Bennett ( his record speaks for itself), the best captain- cayless (likewise) and even the best goal kicker - filapaina (check the stats:cool:).

I got the best fullback- rts and two wingers - skd and Fusitua who have scored over 200 tries between them yet their strength is the way they bring the ball back.

My back 3 will have u on the front foot every set. The centers are like beauty and the beast. Manu the big body with amazing footwork and beautiful ball distribution in contrast to carrolls hard running big hitting style- he was made out of bricks.

Mercurial halves in Robbie Paul and Olsen who both excelled in the black jersey (Wally who?).

Jwh and sst have set the platform for consecutive premierships- throw in the super consistent cayless and they’re a match for any middle forward combination u could dream up.

Henry Paul would rip shit up outta dummy half with that platform.

The edge edge forwards are from another planet- Frank the tank had it all- a menacing ball carrier who can offload and hit like a Mac truck and the incomparable sbw who can do everything frank does- only better!

Just hand us the trophy 🏆

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Rynos Team

1. Hohaia
2. Halligan (gk)
3. Timu
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Ah Kuoi
7. Fien
8. Pongia
9. Eru
10. Tamati
11. Wiki
12. Kearney (c)
13. Nikau

Coach: Michael Maguire

Forward pack: Built on toughness, power, mongrel and fight, these forwards will shatter opponents on defense, and skillfully overpower on offense. Wiki on one edge gives you power, speed and bone crushing defense. Kearney is on the other edge providing ball playing ability and one of the best offloads ever seen. And if you try and go through the middle you will meet the scariest trio ever united on a football field in Pongia, Tamati and Nikau. When the boogeyman has a nightmare this is what he dreams of!

8. Quintin Pongia
10. Kevin Tamati
11. Ruben Wiki
12. Stephen Kearney (c)
13. Tawera Nikau

Spine: This spine is built to play a simple game, get the forwards around the park, get repeat sets, build pressure and defend.

1. Lance Hohaia
6. Fred Ah Kuoi
7. Nathan Fein
9. Syd Eru

Tactics: Defensively solid across the park there wont be too many points scored against us. We will play field position with long kicking options from Fien and Timu. When we are close to the line we will have options from Syd Eru at dummy half, or brute force down the right hand side in WIki and Vatuvei. If we choose to play an expansive game we will rely on the Polynesian flair of Ah Kuoi, the offloading ability of Kearney, hole running from Timu, and the support play from Hohaia. Halligan will kick all of the conversions from anywhere on the park, and we will also take the 2 points when it is on offer.

Right Edge combination
11. Ruben Wiki
4. Simon Mannering
5. Manu Vatuvei

Left Edge combination
12. Stephen Kearney
3. John Timu
2. Daryll Halligan

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Warrior55s team

1. M Ridge (gk)
2. L Vainakolo
3. N Vagana
4. R Blackmore
5. J Rapana
6. T Leuluai
7. B Marshall
8. J Vagana
9. I Luke
10. B Todd
11. D Kidwell
12. A Lauiti’iti
13. H McGahan (c)

Coach: Frank Endacott

Back Three - At full back I have the extremely tough Matthew Ridge. Made his NZ debut after only 6 games in the NRL. Elite goal kicker, good defender and leader. On the wings I have the expert finisher (in the air and along the turf) Jordan Rapana and the tank Lesley Vainakolo - the most powerful winger to have played the game with a 100% try scoring strike rate with the Kiwis.

Centres - I have the MULTIPLE Daly M centre of the year and strike weapon Nigel Vagana. Not many centres better than him in his prime. My other centre is the hugely experienced Richie Blackmore. 15 tries from 25 games with the Kiwis. They complement each other nicely.

Halves - I have the mercurial and biggest x-factor player in history Benji Marshall (who can forget that try at the death he created against Australia) along with the calm head of Thomas Leuleui. I feel they complement each other well. One to steady the ship and one to create scoring opportunities.

Hooker - Isaac Luke in his prime is by far the best hooker NZ has produced in the modern era. Really happy to have him in the team. Needs no introduction.

Front Row - Here I went with the very tough no frills player in Brent Todd. 2 NRL premierships and a mainstay in the Kiwi's front row. I have paired him up with Joe Vagana, the very experienced and powerful former Warrior and Bradford Bull.

Back Row - This is perhaps my strongest position. At 11 I have the enforcer David Kidwell. No one will be fu*king with my pack with him there. I paired him up with possibly the most naturally talented and skillful back rower to play the game in Ali Lauitiiti. At 13 I have the incomparable Hugh Mcgahan who was a Daly M backrower of the year and captain of the Roosters and Kiwi's. He will lead my team.

I feel that my forward pack can match any other and lay a good platform. Luke will get my pack rolling up the field. Then with Benji pulling the strings my back line should have a field day whether it is in the air or ground from kicks to Rapana, or Vagana and McGahan slicing through the defensive line or Lauitiiti and his offloads creating point scoring opportunities. Running it on the last is also an option as if Vainakolo finds himself 1 on 1 with a defender near the line it's lights out. With Ridge kicking my goals most tries will be 6 pointers.

On defence Kidwell will be stopping players in their tracks. Todd will be making a lot of tackles and not taking a backward step. My pack will do everything they can to stop the opposition getting easy metres. If the opposition get through my line Ridge will be ready to put his body on the line to stop them. Ridge's good positional skills will mean he can cover most kicks that come his way on the last tackle as well.

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Wenos team

1- Dave Watson
2 - Richie Barnett
3- Jarrod McCracken
4- Clinton Toopi
5- Krisnan Inu
6- Frano Botica (G.K)
7- Clayton Friend (C)
8- Brent Stuart
9- Brandon Smith
10- Terry Hermanson
11- Tony Puletua
12- Greg Eastwood
13- James Fisher Harris

Coach - Graham Lowe

Back 3, my rocks and diamonds but must be respected .1- Dave Watson was a real fire brand, feared no one and it got the better of him from time to time. So tough with a silky skillset and footwork. Dylan Walker today reminds me of this man in some ways.2- Richie Barnett had that tackle bust ability blessed with speed and agility.
Always got out of that first tackle and his link play and work rate was up there with the best.
McCracken would have him sailing to the line at will.5- Krisnan Inu ,the enigma who makes getting through defences look easy,but so was his mentality. What came with brilliance could also come brain explosion. What he could of conjured up with Toopi would have of been exciting and had alot of teams worried
Center, the prized gem of my team.3- Jarrod McCracken was one of the most feared centers in this modern era, with so many great centers through the times, McCracken comes to people's mind straight away.
Respected for his toughness on attack and defence. McCrackens speed and power along with his finesse made him a complete center.4- In his prime no one compared to Clinton Toopi, blessed with speed and amazing footwork and the ability to read his ball players to create something special was a habit. His defence was always sound but was no reflection on his attack.
Halves the convert and the legend.
6- Frano Botica was one of the successful converts, was a running stand off blessed with fast feet and a jink that had you gasping at air.
Only a lightweight but wasn't shy to go into a tackle. Had a radar boot. What more can I say. F@#ked up the Aussie's on debut?did the same to Great Britain at Carlaw Park etc etc etc
7- The Legend Clayton Friend
Front Row my under rated but hard working.
8- Brent Stuart was a hard no frills player with a non stop engine, wish there were workrate stats on this man. They would be impressive. St George, Titans prop Luke Bailey reminded me of Stuart.10- Terry Hermanson was the same size in every direction. He only had one way and attracted 2 to 3 defenders everytime. His play the ball is rated one of the fastest which is good for roamers like Inu, Watson, Botica and this man Hooker and future captain? Brandon Smith. Already a household name in our Jersey. This tough uncompromising kid is special. He will be in the 9 for many years and when that time is up he will wear the 13.
Backrow the all sorts mix. 11- Tony Puletua was a beast ,destructive on both edges but preferred to play up the middle more. Most dangerous man on the field on his day.12- Greg Eastwood the burly bomb, gifted play maker who had the uncanny ability to slip through the line more than bust it, and he did that a bit too. Could also move to the halves or center. Punishing front on defender who is usually one of the top tacklers. Named in Brandys best ever Panther team.24 year old 13- James Fisher Harris is special,blessed with size, power and speed, aggression and skill. Sky is the limit for this kid as his meter and tackle stats are what legends are made of .He is still a pup yet to reach his prime.

Feel like my mix is strong, different to others but would make a good game of it. Have enough physicality in my pack and with Brandon Smith and Friend around the ruck.No one wants this backline to be unleashed.

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Wrightys team

1 D Watene Z
2 Nightingale
3 K Iro
4 James L
5 Maumalo Ken
6 SJ (gk)
7 Freeman (c)
8 Bromwich
9 Mann
10 NAS
11 Sorensen
12 Graham
13 Tapine

Coach: Bellamy

While my back 3 are probably pretty meh Nightengale notwithstanding my centres halves are formidable. Keven Iro in his day was legendary and while is he only ranked as our second best centre ever behind Dean Bell, he was more dynamic and a better option for creating line breaks.

My halves compare well with Wizards Rage's and in the argument for being the best on show.

My forwards are missing an ATG lock to round them off but am thrilled with the second row and props.

Not enough love for Mark Graham shown by the preliminary analysis - he was our player of the century and was a hard man's hard man.

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Wizard rages team

1- Brent Webb
2- Sean Hoppe
3- Steve Matai
4- Dean Bell (c)
5- Francis Meli
6- Kieran Foran (Manly era)
7- Stacy Jones (gk)
8- John Lomax
9- Howie Tamati
10- Ben Matulino (shoulder charge era)
11- Marty Taupau
12- Tohu Harris
13- Jason Taumalolo

Coach: Geoff Toovey

This is a team of size and intimidation with point scoring ability all over the park. The haka will be lead by Taupau who will replicate his famous throat slitting gesture on Sam Thaiday. We have passion across the field lead by hard men in Lomax, Taupau, Matai, Matulino’s shoulder, Tamati and even Foran who commits his body at the line. The sum of the parts is magnified as they are relentless in defence. Toovey as coach has been bought in specifically to motive an intimidating and aggressive team.

This forward pack will never be dominated with a significant weight advantage over most other forward packs. And even allowing for eras, I have purposely favoured big dominant players from their time.

8 - Lomax 108kgs
10 - Matulino 107kgs
11 - Taupau 112kgs
12 - Harris 112kgs
13 - Taumalolo 113kgs

That’s a big pack but additionally it is a ball playing and offloading pack and very mobile.

The halves are arguably the best halves pairing who can unleash competent and skilful backs. Jones provides the direction and Foran is a classical number 6 playing at the line. Jones as kicker has a highly respectable 82.76% kicking record for the kiwis, well above his club average. Tamati was a combative but intelligent player at hooker and the spine is complimented by the under rated but consistently outstanding performer in Brent Webb.

The backs are well rounded in attack and defence with a back 5 with a whopping 689 first grade tries between them. Hoppe and Meli are complete wingers and Bell and Matai are rock solid on defence.

The team boasts plenty of experience with strong leadership across the park including 4 former nz captains and multiple Dally M and golden boot winners.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Wrightys team

1 D Watene Z
2 Nightingale
3 K Iro
4 James L
5 Maumalo Ken
6 SJ (gk)
7 Freeman (c)
8 Bromwich
9 Mann
10 NAS
11 Sorensen
12 Graham
13 Tapine

Coach: Bellamy

While my back 3 are probably pretty meh Nightengale notwithstanding my centres halves are formidable. Keven Iro in his day was legendary and while is he only ranked as our second best centre ever behind Dean Bell, he was more dynamic and a better option for creating line breaks.

My halves compare well with Wizards Rage's and in the argument for being the best on show.

My forwards are missing an ATG lock to round them off but am thrilled with the second row and props.

Not enough love for Mark Graham shown by the preliminary analysis - he was our player of the century and was a hard man's hard man.

One of the best combos in this team is Kurt Sorensen and James Leaulai. Look at the Kiwis games mid 80s and check out how many times Kurt put James into gaps. The master of off loads was Mark Graham, SJ would have had a field day playing outside or inside of MK. The same goes for Kevin Iro too, he could offload and break the line when at his best.
A good team

Reactions: Defence and wrighty

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Wenos team

1- Dave Watson
2 - Richie Barnett
3- Jarrod McCracken
4- Clinton Toopi
5- Krisnan Inu
6- Frano Botica (G.K)
7- Clayton Friend (C)
8- Brent Stuart
9- Brandon Smith
10- Terry Hermanson
11- Tony Puletua
12- Greg Eastwood
13- James Fisher Harris

Coach - Graham Lowe

Back 3, my rocks and diamonds but must be respected .1- Dave Watson was a real fire brand, feared no one and it got the better of him from time to time. So tough with a silky skillset and footwork. Dylan Walker today reminds me of this man in some ways.2- Richie Barnett had that tackle bust ability blessed with speed and agility.
Always got out of that first tackle and his link play and work rate was up there with the best.
McCracken would have him sailing to the line at will.5- Krisnan Inu ,the enigma who makes getting through defences look easy,but so was his mentality. What came with brilliance could also come brain explosion. What he could of conjured up with Toopi would have of been exciting and had alot of teams worried
Center, the prized gem of my team.3- Jarrod McCracken was one of the most feared centers in this modern era, with so many great centers through the times, McCracken comes to people's mind straight away.
Respected for his toughness on attack and defence. McCrackens speed and power along with his finesse made him a complete center.4- In his prime no one compared to Clinton Toopi, blessed with speed and amazing footwork and the ability to read his ball players to create something special was a habit. His defence was always sound but was no reflection on his attack.
Halves the convert and the legend.
6- Frano Botica was one of the successful converts, was a running stand off blessed with fast feet and a jink that had you gasping at air.
Only a lightweight but wasn't shy to go into a tackle. Had a radar boot. What more can I say. F@#ked up the Aussie's on debut?did the same to Great Britain at Carlaw Park etc etc etc
7- The Legend Clayton Friend
Front Row my under rated but hard working.
8- Brent Stuart was a hard no frills player with a non stop engine, wish there were workrate stats on this man. They would be impressive. St George, Titans prop Luke Bailey reminded me of Stuart.10- Terry Hermanson was the same size in every direction. He only had one way and attracted 2 to 3 defenders everytime. His play the ball is rated one of the fastest which is good for roamers like Inu, Watson, Botica and this man Hooker and future captain? Brandon Smith. Already a household name in our Jersey. This tough uncompromising kid is special. He will be in the 9 for many years and when that time is up he will wear the 13.
Backrow the all sorts mix. 11- Tony Puletua was a beast ,destructive on both edges but preferred to play up the middle more. Most dangerous man on the field on his day.12- Greg Eastwood the burly bomb, gifted play maker who had the uncanny ability to slip through the line more than bust it, and he did that a bit too. Could also move to the halves or center. Punishing front on defender who is usually one of the top tacklers. Named in Brandys best ever Panther team.24 year old 13- James Fisher Harris is special,blessed with size, power and speed, aggression and skill. Sky is the limit for this kid as his meter and tackle stats are what legends are made of .He is still a pup yet to reach his prime.

Feel like my mix is strong, different to others but would make a good game of it. Have enough physicality in my pack and with Brandon Smith and Friend around the ruck.No one wants this backline to be unleashed.
Good to see Dave Watson in your team, during his prime he was fantastic. He had a few off field issues but on his day ... the man.
Botica was good but not great. Like you said a few rocks n diamond players there too - Toopi & Inu.
Not convinced about Hermansen, Stuart JFH or Eastwood. They’re not on the same class as some of the other packs.

Reactions: Tragic

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I think Wizard Rage has the best all round team. The coach is the weakest link

Then Defence, I find the Paul brothers hard to rate because they spent pretty much their entire careers in UK at a time when the NRL was a far superior competition

Last edited:
Reactions: Defence

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Ok
Good to see Dave Watson in your team, during his prime he was fantastic. He had a few off field issues but on his day ... the man.
Botica was good but not great. Like you said a few rocks n diamond players there too - Toopi & Inu.
Not convinced about Hermansen, Stuart JFH or Eastwood. They’re not on the same class as some of the other packs.
Thanks brother,

Expect that kind of reaction with my pack.

To slow to get the legends or household names

Just went with players I enjoyed watching who did goods things in our Kiwi jersey.

If they represented longer I think league fans would have the same opinion as I.

JFH is the future,named in Brandys best Panther team.Just love what this kid brings,agression, intimidation, big hits.He is complete and controlled.Kid make me chub when I watch him.🙄🤭😇.

Gutted I forgot about David Faalogo who gave nothing but quality to our Jersey.
And the tough,rugged Newcastle prop James Goulding.He was firey.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Defence and Noitall

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
One of the best combos in this team is Kurt Sorensen and James Leaulai. Look at the Kiwis games mid 80s and check out how many times Kurt put James into gaps. The master of off loads was Mark Graham, SJ would have had a field day playing outside or inside of MK. The same goes for Kevin Iro too, he could offload and break the line when at his best.
A good team
Thank you

My team suffered in the voting because of my back three, and my number 13...that said I thought my team flew under the radar a bit in the selections.
I suspected James L might have been before people's time when I took him. He was a far better player than his son Thomas. And boy did James have some dance steps out there. Our top 4 centres I have seen in my life time are
Dean Bell
Kevin Iro
Jarrod McCracken
James L
Then Daylight

No one blinked much when I took Sorensen. In the 1980s you said his name in a certain way. With pride. The Aussies were scared of him. He was a fucking Mean cu**. Made metres on every carry and he seemed like he had grown up on the wrong side of the tracks because he could take punishment and "work" from Blocker and Cleale and not be impacted by it. After a while the opposition gave up trying to hurt him and just concentrated on getting him to ground as there was no pain or intimidation they could inflict upon him.
League now is fucking wimpy compared to the 1980s. Dirty shots were allowed. Facials. Shoulder charges. She was all on.
I would sit there with my cup of Milo with special permission from Mum to stay up late on a school night and watch pure unadultered warfare take place for 80 minutes in front of me.

Representing New Zealand were not rugby league players. They were our warriors going into battle. Our hardest of hard men. Of course they had to change the rules and make it safer. Because back then it was shocking the sport was even legal under the laws of the land.
It is an understatement to say that only hard men played. It would be more correct to say that warriors played back then.
And the Australians were legendary. They had a warrior chieftain that led them. We spoke his name with the same respect that is given to Don Bradman and Mohummed Ali. A giant of a man despite his average stature.
And we battled them and on some magical evenings we won. And my emotions would change from terror for our men being hurt to sheer heavenly exhilleration that we had beaten a team of legends in war fare.

Kurt Sorensen is a deadset fucking legend. And I can make an argument I should have won by drafting him alone.
Problem was there were some other players who bled for the Kiwis in the other blokes teams.

What an honour it must be to pull on a Kiwi rugby league jersey and walk in the footsteps of Dean Bell. Nikau, Freeman, Sorenson (Kurt and Dane), Friend...

I grew up in NZ and moved overseas when I was 18 to my mid thirties. I came back home because I missed my country. We have the finest country in the world full of great leaders both sporting, political, and in the arts. Very proud of all who have walked before me in every endeavour.

Sorry for going on rant.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Thank you

My team suffered in the voting because of my back three, and my number 13...that said I thought my team flew under the radar a bit in the selections.
I suspected James L might have been before people's time when I took him. He was a far better player than his son Thomas. And boy did James have some dance steps out there. Our top 4 centres I have seen in my life time are
Dean Bell
Kevin Iro
Jarrod McCracken
James L
Then Daylight

No one blinked much when I took Sorensen. In the 1980s you said his name in a certain way. With pride. The Aussies were scared of him. He was a fucking Mean cu**. Made metres on every carry and he seemed like he had grown up on the wrong side of the tracks because he could take punishment and "work" from Blocker and Cleale and not be impacted by it. After a while the opposition gave up trying to hurt him and just concentrated on getting him to ground as there was no pain or intimidation they could inflict upon him.
League now is fucking wimpy compared to the 1980s. Dirty shots were allowed. Facials. Shoulder charges. She was all on.
I would sit there with my cup of Milo with special permission from Mum to stay up late on a school night and watch pure unadultered warfare take place for 80 minutes in front of me.

Representing New Zealand were not rugby league players. They were our warriors going into battle. Our hardest of hard men. Of course they had to change the rules and make it safer. Because back then it was shocking the sport was even legal under the laws of the land.
It is an understatement to say that only hard men played. It would be more correct to say that warriors played back then.
And the Australians were legendary. They had a warrior chieftain that led them. We spoke his name with the same respect that is given to Don Bradman and Mohummed Ali. A giant of a man despite his average stature.
And we battled them and on some magical evenings we won. And my emotions would change from terror for our men being hurt to sheer heavenly exhilleration that we had beaten a team of legends in war fare.

Kurt Sorensen is a deadset fucking legend. And I can make an argument I should have won by drafting him alone.
Problem was there were some other players who bled for the Kiwis in the other blokes teams.

What an honour it must be to pull on a Kiwi rugby league jersey and walk in the footsteps of Dean Bell. Nikau, Freeman, Sorenson (Kurt and Dane), Friend...

I grew up in NZ and moved overseas when I was 18 to my mid thirties. I came back home because I missed my country. We have the finest country in the world full of great leaders both sporting, political, and in the arts. Very proud of all who have walked before me in every endeavour.

Sorry for going on rant.
Spot on about the hard men and the Aussies had them too. Another hard man though he went on to represent France was Mark Bourneville. Handy boxer too in those fight for lives.

Reactions: wrighty

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Ok

Thanks brother,

Expect that kind of reaction with my pack.

To slow to get the legends or household names

Just went with players I enjoyed watching who did goods things in our Kiwi jersey.

If they represented longer I think league fans would have the same opinion as I.

JFH is the future,named in Brandys best Panther team.Just love what this kid brings,agression, intimidation, big hits.He is complete and controlled.Kid make me chub when I watch him.🙄🤭😇.

Gutted I forgot about David Faalogo who gave nothing but quality to our Jersey.
And the tough,rugged Newcastle prop James Goulding.He was firey.
James Goulding was a great junior player at Richmond, he was a stand out then.

His form at Newcastle was tops but injuries intervened.

Reactions: Weno

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Hard to pick a winner. Like Wizards rages pack, Stacey running off Lomax, JT and Ben now that would be the shit.
I loved Dave Watson, I think I saw him smoking a fag in the change rooms at halftime in a kiwis game, could be wrong but pretty sure it was him.
Surprised neither of the Sorenson brothers made the teams, two of my favourite kiwis ever.

Dave Brough

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 24, 2014
Hard to pick a winner. Like Wizards rages pack, Stacey running off Lomax, JT and Ben now that would be the shit.
I loved Dave Watson, I think I saw him smoking a fag in the change rooms at halftime in a kiwis game, could be wrong but pretty sure it was him.
Surprised neither of the Sorenson brothers made the teams, two of my favourite kiwis ever.
Kurt did make Wrightys team,but yes I would have had Dane ahead of some of those other props.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Kurt did make Wrightys team,but yes I would have had Dane ahead of some of those other props.
Kurt was a level better than Dane, I made sure he was taken, I can understand Dane not going due to the strength at prop.
I preferred Tamati to Dane for example.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Kurt was a level better than Dane, I made sure he was taken, I can understand Dane not going due to the strength at prop.
I preferred Tamati to Dane for example.
I think your team suffers from having a few older legends that some of us are not familiar with.

My experience starts in the early 90’s and players before that are hazy

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I think your team suffers from having a few older legends that some of us are not familiar with.

My experience starts in the early 90’s and players before that are hazy
I’m the opposite, a side with Kurt, James and Kurt is good for me. I’ve seen a few great games in my time but one of the best was 1985, NZ 18 -0 vs Australia, at Carlaw Park.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I found myself picking a lot more modern players than I expected but I think that just comes down to share numbers- back in the 80s there were very few kiwis playing in the Aussie comp- half the nrl are eligible for the kiwis these days.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings