TeamList Team List Tuesday (2023 Finals Week 3) - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

What's the plan when we fly over. With all the GF week events are they planning on staying?

Interested in this as well

Do we fly back straight after the game?
Recovery on Sunday?
Day off on Monday?
Review on Tuesday?
Fly out on Wednesday for Dally M's??? Maybe just the nominees fly out Wednesday, with the rest of the squad coming the following day?

I wouldnt know anything about how they plan their week out for a normal game, let alone a Grand Final.. What was the deal in '11?

I am sure the team wont be packing their suits and two weeks of clothes.

(Obviously getting ahead of ourselves, but it would be rough going flying to NZ, just a couple days back home, before having to fly out quite early in the week)

Last edited:
is anyone else getting massive vibes from Tohu Harris?

He’s looking scarily good and is somehow getting better, glimpses of his 2017 Melbourne Grand final performance form
One of the most experienced big game players in the team, if not the most? He knows what it's about & knows how to lift his own performance. He'd be invaluable for the team and the coaches at this point in time in prep and on game day I would think

Been going over the replay of last week and just to add context and dispel some of the mythology about our bench.

The truth behind when things started to look bad:

Up until the 15 minute mark the Warriors won on every metric that wins games. At the 15 minute mark the Knights pack swing the momentum.

The Knights are completely dominant in the territory battle (I measure this by the half way line, simple mathematics) the team crossing the halfway line most is the team that is winning the arm wrestle.

The Knights surge lasted for 13 minutes, which is interesting because Barnett and AFB were our props for the 13 minutes of Knights dominance.

This is where the Myth of our bench use unfairly drags Jazz into the sense that he is part of the bench rotation problem.

Part of the problem is that fans see two bench players come on at that losing point of the battle (Walker and Curran come on) and they blur their sense of what role Jazz is having in the momentum swing away from us (this is fact, not one poster here has gone back and watched the game and pointed out that when our team started losing the battle severely Jazz was not even on the field see below for what I mean by losing severely).

During this period the Knights cross our half way at will, they completely reverse the complexion of the game, they go into our half of the field on all 8 of their possessions.

At the same danger period for the Warriors (13 minutes of losing up front) the Warriors do not cross the halfway mark once in 8 sets.

Jazz enters after this bad spell at around the 27-28 minute mark for the Warriors and for the first time the Knights fail to cross the halfway mark and the Warriors enjoy their first possession in the Knights territory.

The Warriors almost score twice with Jazz on the feild through Egan and CNK. Jazz is the lead hole runner on both those plays and is quietly getting quick play the balls with decent meters.

Newcastle get possession back and for the second time in a row they fail to cross the half way, Jazz makes critical dominant tackles in that phase with line speed.
So the Knights momentum has been stopped and Jazz is the one player change that gets us back into the arm wrestle, the grind.

Incidental stuff but I need to tell the full story here to have legitimacy - Newy get one set in our half off an error. Their next full set they only make it to one meter inside our half.

The Knights get one more good set which puts them five meters in our half, so to recap:

13 minutes with AFB and Barnett: Knights totally momentum swing and go inside our turf 8 times in a row, we see no ball in their half.

Jazz comes on and we stop the bleeding, the Warriors get back inside their half, and the Knights are kept behind the half way mark for all but two sets where they barely crossed it.

After half time the momentum swings back to the Knights after some rubbish calls by the Reff they get their second and last Try.

Ergo, scoreboard stats one try when Jazz is out, one try when Jazz is in. That was the forward pass no try which should have seen the Miles Davis Jazz on a no try while I am on performance.

The Knights look like they are back in it with interest as they cross our half with ease (giving fans that sinking feeling our bench is just not good enough) but the Warriors hit back through Dylan Walkers Try and the game is now ours to lose.

You know the reason Jazz is always the first to congratulate Walker on every try? Because Jazz is pushing up hard in support play on all those trys and if you know Dylan, Jazz is his wing man, he loves him, Jazz makes Walkers game easier, a happy Dylan Walker is a winning Dylan Walker.

After that moment Jazz is subbed out and the Warriors go on a rampage and thrash the Knights on every metric and Jazz is watching from the bench after helping his team win the arm wrestle that the fans are blaming him for and want Bunty to come on and do apparently better than what Jazz did in that final.

Going out on a limb here but to me Tevanga is one of our top forwards and absolutely critical to our chances of winning this competition and one of our most misunderstood players.

Last edited:
One of the most experienced big game players in the team, if not the most? He knows what it's about & knows how to lift his own performance. He'd be invaluable for the team and the coaches at this point in time in prep and on game day I would think
I feel like he’s been saving his best performances for us for this finals series. He’s been flying under the radar due to his excellent consistency but now he’s definitely stepping it up a notch. He definitely believes that we’re a chance to win the whole thing

Been going over the replay of last week and just to add context and dispel some of the mythology about our bench.

Up until the 15 minute mark the Warriors won on every metric that wins games. At the 15 minute mark the Knights pack swing the momentum.

The Knights are completely dominant in the territory battle (I measure this by the half way line, simple mathematics) the team crossing the halfway line most is the team that is winning the arm wrestle.

The Knights surge lasted for 13 minutes, which is interesting because Barnett and AFB were our props for the 13 minutes of Knights dominance.

This is where the Myth of our bench use unfairly drags Jazz into the sense that he is part of the bench rotation problem.

Part of the problem is that fans see two bench players come in at that losing point of the battle (Walker and Curran come on) and they blur their sense of what role Jazz is having in the momentum swing away from us (this is fact, not one poster here has gone back and watched the game and pointed out that when our team started losing the battle severely Jazz was not even on the field see below for what I mean by losing severely).

During this period the Knights cross our half way at will, they completely reverse the complexion of the game, they go into our half of the field on all 8 of their possessions.

At the same danger period for the Warriors (13 minutes of losing up front) the Warriors do not cross the halfway mark once in 8 sets.

Jazz enters after this bad spell at around the 27-28 minute mark with the Warriors and for the first time the Knights fail to cross the halfway mark and the Warriors enjoy their first possession in the Knights territory.

The Warriors almost score twice with Jazz on the feild through Egan and CNK. Jazz is the lead hole runner on both those plays and is quietly getting quick play the balls with decent meters.

Newcastle get possession back and for the second time in a row they fail to cross the half way, Jazz makes critical dominant tackles in that phase with line speed.
So the Knights momentum has been stopped and Jazz is the one player change that gets us back into the arm wrestle, the grind.

Incidental stuff but I need to tell the full story here to have legitimacy - Newy get one set in our half off an error. Their next full set they only make it to one meter inside our half.

The Knights get one more good set which puts them five meters in our half, so to recap:

13 minutes with AFB and Barnett: Knights totally momentum swing and go inside our turf 8 times in a row, we see no ball in their half.

Jazz comes on and we stop the bleeding, the Warriors get back inside their half, and the Knights are kept behind the half way mark for all but two sets where they barely crossed it.

After half time the momentum swings back to the Knights after some rubbish calls by the Reff they get their second and last Try.

Ergo, scoreboard stats one try when Jazz is out, one try when Jazz is in. That was the forward pass no try which should have seen the Miles Davis Jazz on a no try while I am on performance.

The Knights look like they are back in it with interest as they cross our half with ease (giving fans that sinking feeling our bench is just not good enough) but the Warriors hit back through Dylan Walkers Try and the game is now ours to lose.

You know the reason Jazz is always the first to congratulate Walker on every try? Because Jazz is pushing up hard in support play on all those trys and if you know Dylan, Jazz is his wing man, he loves him, Jazz makes Walkers game easier, a happy Dylan Walker is a winning Dylan Walker.

After that moment Jazz is subbed out and the Warriors go on a rampage and thrash the Knights on every metric and Jazz is watching from the bench after helping his team win the arm wrestle that the fans are blaming him for and want Bunty to come on and do apparently better than what Jazz did in that final.

Going out on a limb here but to me Tevanga is one of our top forwards and absolutely critical to our chances of winning this competition and one of our most misunderstood players.
I see the analysis differently.

In the first 20 minutes they had very little ball...that always tends to balance out...and it did.
That was when they made gains into our half, helped by some shoddy refereeing.

However also in that whole time they were winning the ruck distance by quite a bit, which I thought might come back to bite us....but it didn't.

As the game went on and the team reverted to arm wrestle mode we eroded their advantage in set distance and by the end of the game were well ahead.

IMO one of their most impressive forward performances of the season, and the Broncos would have been watching.

This team is no fluke ladies and jellybeans...and Webster sems to plan everything...quite a scary fecker to be honest.

I see the analysis differently.
I don't disagree however my analysis came from spending over an hour rewinding, counting sets, marking meters watching individual plays from fifteen minutes or so of tape.

Our opinions are not in opposition, mine was based off a legitimate afternoon wasted on finding our why Webster et al are all Jazz and no Bunty because a lot of fans here are struggling with that, as such I hope I have given them an answer to their angst.

Getting suuuuper ahead of my self (just saw something on Instagram), but if we win the gf would SJ retire?

Would be pretty poetic for him to take the team to the big dance in his first, and last season's, capping it off with a win, and a Daly M.

I can't imagine him waking up wanting to do it all over again nek year if that was the case

Getting suuuuper ahead of my self (just saw something on Instagram), but if we win the gf would SJ retire?

Would be pretty poetic for him to take the team to the big dance in his first, and last season's, capping it off with a win, and a Daly M.

I can't imagine him waking up wanting to do it all over again nek year if that was the case
If he did retire after winning us the trophy I cannot see how anyone could begrudge him that.

Part of the problem is that fans see two bench players come on at that losing point of the battle (Walker and Curran come on) and they blur their sense of what role Jazz is having in the momentum swing away from us (this is fact, not one poster here has gone back and watched the game and pointed out that when our team started losing the battle severely Jazz was not even on the field see below for what I mean by losing severely).

Jazz enters after this bad spell at around the 27-28 minute mark for the Warriors and for the first time the Knights fail to cross the halfway mark and the Warriors enjoy their first possession in the Knights territory.

Great analysis Sup (although you don't have to convince me, I started the Baldy Bros fan club) I'm too lazy to go back and watch and all my comments come from the live which may be a drug and alcohol induced state. o_O

Jazz > Bunty anyday

what do you think about that forward pass try?
Jazz was a little slow to close the gap imo.
How long after that try before he was subbed?

IMO Suncorp is like a home game for us. Maybe not as feral as MSS but the players seem to be comfortable there and we have had some classic wins over the years. SJ getting the try of the year and burning the best backline in the comp in 2011. I know we lost by a point but this time around he gets to kick the winning penalty

Maybe just me but Suncorp doesn't seem as far removed from home as say AAMI park.

Anyone got any stats as to which Oz venues we have played the most?

is anyone else getting massive vibes from Tohu Harris?

He’s looking scarily good and is somehow getting better, glimpses of his 2017 Melbourne Grand final performance form
I ride or die with Tohu Harris-san, LETS GOOOOO

IMG_0040.jpeg

Back