Post Match 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

In the cold light of day, and having watched it twice more, that game was a masterclass. There was a simple game plan that everybody from 1 to 17 stuck to and carried out as well as they have all season. Even at 16 - 10, when I was bricking it, they stuck to it.
We knew their strengths and neutralised them - every one of their back 5 had ineffective games. Best was non-existent, Young invisible ( except for when Marcelo threw him into touch ) Ponga was kept very quiet. Our edge defence and kick-chase was superb. We got the ball into the Egan/Johnson zone either by overcoming their forwards through the middle or kicking accurately into the corner, winning the territory 'arm wrestle' and pressuring them into mistakes. When we got into their 20 we had options and variety and the skills to execute - we turned a high percentage of chances into points. It was great to see Pompey knocking over three conversions from the touchline.
What a change from last season(s).
Realistically the Broncos and Panthers are the two best teams, but we're in the prelim finals and, if we can repeat that performance on Saturday, we'll give the Broncos a hell of a game.

Where would the best place to watch the full replay be ?

Will be available in 16 odd hours from this post. It's all controlled by NRL, and just embedded video.

All full games from this season and few past have been added.

Thank you to Mr Drag Mr Drag for adding them. All users have ability to add the youtube videos for benefit of other fans as well.

Will be available in 16 odd hours from this post. It's all controlled by NRL, and just embedded video.

All full games from this season and few past have been added.

Thank you to Mr Drag Mr Drag for adding them. All users have ability to add the youtube videos for benefit of other fans as well.

thanks, just watching now - first time watching the Warriors with a non-Fox sports ( Aussie ) commentary

thanks, just watching now - first time watching the Warriors with a non-Fox sports ( Aussie ) commentary
Might be refreshing for ya but Glen Lamar commentary is very subpar to say the least.
Best thing to do is pause the game and chuck on sammy hewat senz radio commentary imo he does a fantastic job.
But the aussies analysis is great.

Might be refreshing for ya but Glen Lamar commentary is very subpar to say the least.
Best thing to do is pause the game and chuck on sammy hewat senz radio commentary imo he does a fantastic job.
But the aussies analysis is great.
agree about the analysis. Vossy is my favourite. Cronk knows what he's talking about and is even handed. I don't mind Blocker Roach, but bloody hell.....Dan Ginnane ( I'm sure that should be a silent 'G' ) Ennis, Griffin, Flanagan.....shocking

Yeah your spot on I reckon griffin and ennis are hard listens, I like roach these days too.
Blocker's my favourite these days, even if he does know as much about the Warriors players as Chris Luxon. His calls are like watching it with an old mate now, he blurts out random shit but he loves the game, which is more important to me than being a competent broadcaster.

Watching the replay Niukore was monumental in the first 15 mins. Clune rushed out of the line to tackle him and Niukore ran straight into him, after that Clune wasn't super eager to tackle. Then Niukore also had a strong carry where the Knights held him but he managed to stay upright until the Knights went on with the tackle too long ending up with a 6 again.

Back