General What type of Warriors fan are you?

What type of Warriors fan are you?

• Hardcore - everyday, every minute, every hour

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Medium hardcore - daily thinking it

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Medium - once every few days

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Soft - once a week when time permits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bandwagon - only when the Warriors are winning

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • New to the Sport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warrior Tragic

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters
I was a young fulla running around for Pakuranga Jaguars around that 93/94 era, dreaming about being a Kiwi. The news that we were going to have a team in the ARL was like Christmas come early to a league obsessed kid.

Alfie was my favourite player in those days except when he was playing for the Roos. Loved the fact this little fulla was so dominant in such a physical sport. Bronx by extension my team.

As soon as Dean Bell lead the team out for that first game I dropped Alfie and the Bronx cold. Hated the little bastard when he got us at the end of that first game. To this day, I've never been as excited for a game as I was before that first one.

Guys like Tony Tatapu, Stephen Kearney, Tony Tuimavave instantly became my heroes. Still have a soft spot for all that day 1 team.

Anyway, been a Warriors tragic ever since.

Can you feel the power?
Rising by the hour,
There's a new breed rising,
And no one can stop us now!
WARRIORS!

Yeah way too invested tbh- especially this year.
Was a panthers fan back in the day and didn’t plan on switching till the warriors signed whetu taewa who was my hero at the time.
My support definitely ramped up since finding the forums- it just sucks u in- there’s so many great posters in here and I’m always learning.
Super proud to be a warriors fan- even in the bad times there’s no other sports club like it.
Wife buys me a new warriors singlet every Xmas and had a few jerseys but gave them all away over the years to Brazilian friends Ive taken to the games- always good to convert the newbies and they always love it.
The kids are warriors fans too which is cool as a lot of my mates kid’s support the titans.
Gutted I won’t make it to the game this weekend- I get back to the Gold Coast on Saturday arvo and the timing is just too tight- even got offered a seat in a corporate box today but it was gonna cost $300 including travel etc and I needed to confirm to lock in my spot- it was just too risky and I really wanna watch it with my boy anyway tbh- he’s super excited.

Been in for two odd decades at this point. I'd be an idiot to change now.

There's a bit of positivity I've been taking into my work week that I get from seeing the boys win, but even the loses haven't been hitting me as bad this season.

I'm just happy that the club's doing well, the players want to be there and that the future looks really solid.

Bit of a odd story. Growing up in Melbourne, Aus I played League back in 02-03 as a junior, mum & dad didn't have much money so didn't play long, anyways started out playing for the Altona Roosters instantly fell in love with the game playing hooker, started following Roosters as my favourite player at the time was 'The Count' Minichello, pretty much why I'm a NSW fan so followed Them from 02-04, I was only a little kid back then so didn't really understand teams at the time, once i found out what the Warriors were at the back end of 2004 after realizing they were in the comp, followed them ever since. Have 12 different jerseys, 2 flags, couple of polo tshirts, couple training tshirts, 3 pairs of shorts, big mug & Cooler 😍 I now consider myself a hardcore diehard fan

my aunty was married to the late great Quentin Pongia, uncle Q handed me a warriors jersey in 98 and ive never looked back.. shed tears losing the 02 gf as a 12 year old, now get goose bumps when i merely think about this weekend as a 33yr old.. have only missed a handful of games over the years on tv. based in canberra i always went to games here but only one in auckland

Slightly related and apologies if already pointed out but I have a real problem with all the gate keepers that hate on the "bandwagoners"!! You should be happy your day 1 team is getting so much love around the country to the point it will be helping them in recruitment to a certain extent.
Those bandwagoners will become hardcore supporters 1 day if we can build a team that does the country proud every Year.
I remember either last season or the season before, asking a guy if he watches NRL. He said it's very hard to as our team sucks. I hope the NRL are sitting up and taking notice. This is massive for the game of rugby league in NZ and in turn the NRL. I had mates that were union fans texting me asking if I had any tickets last weekend.
I'm pretty sure I've seen my brother wear the same warriors jersey 3 days in a row without washing 😂😂.
I'm a bit of a mix of both. Growing up I was never big on watching sports but enjoyed playing all of them casually i.e in P.E.
My brother was a league nut from a young age and played it himself. I was born in 87 so memory is a bit vague but hearing some of the names from the first teams like Hitro okesene and recognizing them does bring back some memories of watching the games as kids.
As I got older always had a passing interest in the Warriors but not to the point I could name all the players. Watched most of our semis and both our grand finals.
After that had a lot going on in life so sports wasn't really a priority.
Wasn't until around early 2018 when i started watching them regularly. Can't pinpoint down the reason but I believe that may have been 1 of my first live games I watched. We beat the dragons in an upset.
Ever since have watched almost every game and learned a huge amount from this forum about rugby league and individual players to the point I can almost out-knowledge my sports mad mates on this topic.

I was a young fulla running around for Pakuranga Jaguars around that 93/94 era, dreaming about being a Kiwi. The news that we were going to have a team in the ARL was like Christmas come early to a league obsessed kid.
What year were you born in bro? My brother played for them up until about age 15-16 when he decided he preferred to hang around his little hoodrat friends. He was born in 84. I suspect you may be a little older but I'm sure there was someone else on here that lined up with his age group at the same club. Small world.

Been a supported since day 1. Couldn't afford SKY for the first five or six years so watched almost every game at a friends place while also going to the odd game at MSS. Had season tickets in East stand for five seasons 2001-2005, then back to watching on SKY. My Ex wife hated it and we argued every season because I maintained control of the TV during the season, she had the rest of the year. I just turned the volume up until she left me in peace.
Started going to Carlaw Park 1972. Spent many years supporting Northcote Tigers and North Shore Albions. Really enjoyed watching Sharman Cup games on suburban grounds.

Last edited:
What year were you born in bro? My brother played for them up until about age 15-16 when he decided he preferred to hang around his little hoodrat friends. He was born in 84. I suspect you may be a little older but I'm sure there was someone else on here that lined up with his age group at the same club.

Nah I might've played with him. Im late 84, was only there a couple of years before we moved away.

Our team wasn't any good when I was there but I think after I left they got better over the years, probably no coincidence.

We had a tough as nails white kid, Aiden I think his name was, him and this Samoan kid (Michael?) our two go to guys. Typical youth team, give it to your best players and get out the way. Those the only names I can remember.

Cant remember the coaches name, but if you know the Youtuber HTB, he was like a spitting image of him but slightly older.

I'd come up from the Hawkes bay, and the difference in physicality from schoolboy rugby to junior league was crazy. So I was a rubbish league player those years, way too soft.

Nah I might've played with him. Im late 84, was only there a couple of years before we moved away.

Our team wasn't any good when I was there but I think after I left they got better over the years, probably no coincidence.

We had a tough as nails white kid, Aiden I think his name was, him and this Samoan kid (Michael?) our two go to guys. Typical youth team, give it to your best players and get out the way. Those the only names I can remember.

Cant remember the coaches name, but if you know the Youtuber HTB, he was like a spitting image of him but slightly older.

I'd come up from the Hawkes bay, and the difference in physicality from schoolboy rugby to junior league was crazy. So I was a rubbish league player those years, way too soft.
I'll have to check with him what year he started playing. I just remember he stopped around the age of 14 or 15. I think he played wing. Would've been 1 of the only Indians playing league at the time. Was a little shit at the time lol.
And yes i remember they always used to lose 😂.

I'll have to check with him what year he started playing. I just remember he stopped around the age of 14 or 15. I think he played wing. Would've been 1 of the only Indians playing league at the time. Was a little shit at the time lol.
And yes i remember they always used to lose 😂.

Yeah I think I played at least one season with him. I do remember playing with a Indian guy. Fuck, we'd show up looking like the United Nations and get pumped against South Auckland teams. 😂

Warriors Tragic since '95. Nothing else to say really other than Up Da Wahs and this is (could be, maybe) our year.

I've finally got to the stage where I can watch the game live rather than have it on playback and be checking the scores on League Live, Too many lost remotes and damaged TVs, so thank you Webby as I'm an extremely poor loser.

Was a rugby racing and beer kid born in 1967 into a union environment.
But enjoyed the league tests that were shown on TV.
Played union as a kid and teen but a league team were practising on a field near my house in early 85 so I trained with them and made my senior debut in the first game of the season at inside centre, aged 17 and maybe 77kg.
Loved the game after 2 minutes.
Never had a particular Oz team that I followed so when the Warriors were officially announced they were going to be my forever team.
Don’t get to many games but very seldom miss a game live on TV.
Prob missed 6/7 in total.
The Mrs and our adult boys are all as hooked as me. The girls like them too.
Even the grandkids are doing the Up The Wahs.

Back