General Rapira Apparently Out For 3 Months

Reaction score

Buck777

Coming out of the warriors is Rapira is seriously injured and will out for three months. I'll back it up with a source soon

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'd love to see good footage of the tackle where that happened - the suspicious part of me wonders at the Storm's rep for wrestling in the tackles and arm-cranks/chicken wings, and a player getting his elbow hyper-extended.

Reaction score

Matt13-1

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Huge loss, now we get more of Lousi and Ta'ai..

Reaction score

Buck777

We got bashed. Plain and simple. Rapira, Fish, SJ all got knocked around. The storm decided to rough it up..and it worked. Funny enough we did exactly that to them on 08. They learn!

Reaction score

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Coud be replaced by his brother, hopefully not taai!

Reaction score
Tyrael

Tyrael

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
People say Fish is Glass. Raps has been injured every year

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Poor bastard. Our team has been raped enough by injury this year. Not niggles either, most have been serious.

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Another injury...he's almost as bad as Ropati...Rapira is very brittle.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
SOrry probably been asked already, but how did Locke go in hte vulcans? is he injury free now?

Reaction score
Tyrael

Tyrael

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He came off well. he kicked goals. Vulcans lost 34 - 18

Reaction score
a.c.e

a.c.e

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Bring in Pita for Raps, we lose nothing when Mara comes off and Pita slots in. And if theres any injuries to the backs he can cover.

Reactions: Jah
Reaction score
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Another injury...he's almost as bad as Ropati...Rapira is very brittle.
Yep...Probaly wouldnt offer these two contracts.spend to little time off the paddock

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Bring in Pita for Raps, we lose nothing when Mara comes off and Pita slots in. And if theres any injuries to the backs he can cover.
I'd dump Brown unless you're thinking he's second row strictly? In which case I'm on board with that. Brown should never player hooker again after that performance. We went utterly to shit after he came on. You can pinpoint the exact same time we showed a few faint signs of life at the end of the game too. Guess who came back on? I was bagging Mara at the start of the year, but his value is going up with each game. I'd love to see Mara in a rotation with Friend later in the year. Unfortunately, we'll end up with an extra prop who will play about 10 minutes instead. Just because the option to have one is there doesn't mean we NEED to have 3 props on the bench. 2 is plenty considering the fitness of our best two guys.

Rapira has had a shocking run with injury this year...truthfully, I'd be more worried if it werre Bull or Matulino. Lousi and Packer are highly capable when in form. If they can find some way to get to their best, we won't miss Rapira much.

Reaction score
Sebastian

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I have never experienced a so close yet so far season as a Warriors fan such as this. First we had that run of poor form, lesser teams beating us quite well. Then we pump a red hot South Sydney by 22 points, compete with Melbourne with no fullback or star halfback, smack Brisbane who were flying at the time. Defeat an in form Roosters team. Then lose by 2 against a white hot Tigers team, at Leichhardt on a Friday. Lose our fullback again against the Storm, this time one of our better props as well, lose by ten.

It's just a bizarre season. Manu's low on confidence, we've had shocking luck with long term injuries. Not to mention letting, with the future savings in mind, a talented, yet enigmatic Inu leave half way through a season. Who's back home and thriving.

With all this madness going on, it's so very hard to be able to point the finger, at Manu, who seems to be losing confidence by the game. Or the coach who hasn't had his prefered starting 17 once, not once all season.

Some games like against the Bronco's we almost looked better than last season. Though against other teams, we've looked worse. I honestly have no idea if Bluey, Manu or the injuries are to blame. Perhaps, a bit of all three. But what i do know it's been a crazy season. I wouldn't be suprised if we raged suddenly into the top 8. I also wouldn't be suprised if our bad luck, didn't get better.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I have never experienced a so close yet so far season as a Warriors fan such as this. First we had that run of poor form, lesser teams beating us quite well. Then we pump a red hot South Sydney by 22 points, compete with Melbourne with no fullback or star halfback, smack Brisbane who were flying at the time. Defeat an in form Roosters team. Then lose by 2 against a white hot Tigers team, at Leichhardt on a Friday. Lose our fullback again against the Storm, this time one of our better props as well, lose by ten.

It's just a bizarre season. Manu's low on confidence, we've had shocking luck with long term injuries. Not to mention letting, with the future savings in mind, a talented, yet enigmatic Inu leave half way through a season. Who's back home and thriving.

With all this madness going on, it's so very hard to be able to point the finger, at Manu, who seems to be losing confidence by the game. Or the coach who hasn't had his prefered starting 17 once, not once all season.

Some games like against the Bronco's we almost looked better than last season. Though against other teams, we've looked worse. I honestly have no idea if Bluey, Manu or the injuries are to blame. Perhaps, a bit of all three. But what i do know it's been a crazy season. I wouldn't be suprised if we raged suddenly into the top 8. I also wouldn't be suprised if our bad luck, didn't get better.
I have never defended Ivan before, but I think he coped much better than Bluey is with injury.

I don't think Manu is really to blame. He has a massive work load and it must be difficult to concentrate on correcting your game while pitching in through the middle.

I think Bluey has taken this team of stars backwards. They have no clue or no clear plan. I never thought Ivan was great with gameplans, but he seemed to have more clue than McLennan. I think he sends them out to have fun and try hard.

I'm starting to think that Rapira is surviving on rep. Granted he was injured for a long time, but he is just about invisible when on the park and now he gets injured yet again. Our other 3 top props are far above his level these days. And Lousi hasn't been that far behind him. Hopefully Bluey replaces Raps with a utility back like Godinet (but not Brown), rather than putting Ta'ai or Steve Raps in. I really hate 4 forward benches. When was the last time we went a game without losing a back?

Reaction score
smac19

smac19

NSW Cup Player
Reaction score
Yep...Probaly wouldnt offer these two contracts.spend to little time off the paddock
him & his bro always getting injured or carrying injuries...know they go hard but look at the total minutes played over last 2 seasons..

unlucky but they are injury prone for sho

I'd dump Brown unless you're thinking he's second row strictly? In which case I'm on board with that. Brown should never player hooker again after that performance. We went utterly to shit after he came on. You can pinpoint the exact same time we showed a few faint signs of life at the end of the game too. Guess who came back on? I was bagging Mara at the start of the year, but his value is going up with each game. I'd love to see Mara in a rotation with Friend later in the year. Unfortunately, we'll end up with an extra prop who will play about 10 minutes instead. Just because the option to have one is there doesn't mean we NEED to have 3 props on the bench. 2 is plenty considering the fitness of our best two guys.
yesterdays game showed how far Brown is not a no 9 anymore...picked the wrong options & passing was laboured

Mara was eating up the metres round the ruck...maybe Godinet goes to bench

Reaction score

Buck777

you've summed up what I think as well, it's like the team haven't figured out who they are. When they walked back to halfway in the raiders game, I think the Aussie commentators said they've never seen a team do that, and afterwards even the players said they didn't know why they did. Huh?
Im not confident of your last para happening, hope I'm wrong

Reaction score
Hitman82

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sam Rapira now seems to be just as fragile as his brother Steve. Seriously, these guys need to improve their durability as they are fast becoming contractual liabilities, much like our bro Ropati. At least with Ropati he's on a reduced contract due to his history and the fact he's a 10 year cap discount anyway.

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
We looked good when Murra was on the field, his running game added a new dimension. Will be interesting to see what Bluey does when Friend returns.

Reaction score
Hitman82

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Hopefully he'll keep Mudda on the bench for impact.
I realise Friend is an 80 minute hooker, but one thing we have missed this season is that mid-half tempo change when a strong running hooker comes on fresh and carves around the ruck.
Apparently this isn't Bluey's style, but it's worked for this Warriors squad in the past. No reason why it can't work again.
Package, Lousi, Matulino, Brown etc can all play big minutes, so there's no real need for a 2 prop 2 second rower bench. With Rapira there you tend to need injury cover though.

Top Bottom