General Random Warriors Jersey Designs

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by Poihakena, Jul 4, 2013.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

^God those Super League Jerseys were ugly werent they? We didnt do as bad as some clubs Jerseys but they were all fairly ugly IMO. The replica ones they sold without the Sponsors logos are the ugliest jersey we have ever made. That being said, your reproductions look great Poihakena. Not keen on seeing them made though. Too many bad memories from that era.

2. Poihakena
    Join:
    Jun 30, 2013

Poihakena U20's Player

Haha yeah when I was making the kit, I kept thinking these shirts are a little too busy looking. TBH the Warriors and the Bulldogs ones were the best. The Raiders ones were absolutely rank.

One thing I will never understand is that despite Super League being all about money, why on earth did they make Jerseys without club crests?? Biggest marketing failure ever!

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

I liked the players jersey...
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

But the Replicas they sold to the public were absolutely hideous...

The 1999 jersey was a little better as they added the club crests...

The award though for the worst ever jersey design would have to go to the 2000-2001 Away jersey. If you can make a heritage jersey of this look good then you are a genius hahaha :D ...

4. Poihakena
    Join:
    Jun 30, 2013

Poihakena U20's Player

Challenge a
    Challenge accepted haha.

Was that the one with the weird black thing that looked like someone had taken to it with a vivid? Then they had that blue/white/black wave swirl thing to the sides of the chevrons?

Edit: Haha yup thats the one I was thinking. Hideous. I'll have a go at making something palatable for that haha. Although somehow I dont think it will work. They did manage to do an one of the similar red one as a heritage design though!

5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

2000 Away jersey

2008 Heritage jersey

Think it looks best when the scroll is minimised. Still a nod to the past but not so much that it ruins the jersey like the original one did...

6. Rizzah
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Rizzah 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Still pissing around with this...
    think i prefer the more traditional chevron rather than the curved styling.
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

7. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.this the one for me by a country mile...
    I've changed my tune a bit but the sooner another NZ team comes in the better so we can stop being NZ and just be the Warriors.

8. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

The Auckland Warriors :)...

9. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

surfin Warriors 1st Grader

They could be called the Mt Albert Warriors and the Aussies would still call them New Zealand.

10. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Penrose Warriors?

11. Qtownwarrior
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Qtownwarrior Warriors Bench Player

How rare are these bro? is it something I should be taking bit more care for?

12. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

Sigh SAD, I actually own this one and love it, out of the ones I have I still rekon its the best looking on me, minus the stains and marks tho. Its slowly being worn to death

13. Rizzah
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Rizzah 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

14. Tyrael
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Tyrael 1st Grade Fringe

Personally I love the heritage jersey with the NZ flag on it. I have it, but the jersey is slightly smaller than an all blacks one and pinches slightly under my armpits...grrrr..

While I love many of the designs posted here, I wish that they didn't change every year. It is one reason why I won't buy anymore because there is no stickability. The current all blacks one (minus the new advertisement) has been the same for several years now. The one before that, had also been around for a while.

15. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Probably cost $100-$110 all up delivered...

16. Tyrael
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Tyrael 1st Grade Fringe

LOL...mate I'm 70kgs dripping wet. That would be a nightie on me

17. Poihakena
    Join:
    Jun 30, 2013

Poihakena U20's Player

That's a cracker mate! I actually bought last years kiwis jersey a couple of weeks back. NRL.com store had a sale, picked it up for $95.

18. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Sorry for the late reply. Didnt spot the alert.

Not super rare but its getting harder to get one in good condition. Second hand you could sell it for about $100 or more. You could buy the jersey, shorts and socks in 1994 for that price. If however you have one of the Jerseys with the CCC logo on top of the NSWRL badge then you've got a very rare top and I hate you! I have been trying to get one in good condition for 10 years with no luck. Only see one come up on trademe every couple of years...

19. Qtownwarrior
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Qtownwarrior Warriors Bench Player

Cheers for the info, I can't remember if it has the logo on the top, it's like brand new though, my old lady gave it to me way back in the day it didn't come close to fitting me! So only been warn couple times max. Will dig it out of storage next time i get back to nz and have a look.

20. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Good work guys.

The heritage Jerseys I'd prefer they were something close to what we use to wear or a past jersey a NZ team use to wear like the Auckland blue and white retro strip they wore a few years back.

If they are going to make Jerseys like last years heritage jersey or this years flax one it would be good to keep them for a year or two.